Oct 28, 2004, 08:13 AM
Live to fly!
Thread OP
James, I envy you - it's beautiful out here, but I'm crushed under a pile of work and can't get out. And, of course, the weekend will be rainy... Have fun!

BTW, tmproff, yours came out just as nice as Pete's - you guys should be truly proud of your work!
Doc
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2004, 10:16 AM
tmproff,

We have twins! Welcome to the Tiger Army! Good job.

Pete
Oct 28, 2004, 10:20 AM
LJH
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
James,
Sounds like she did great, I think I may start the Stella tonight. I have to clean up after building my Mini TOC and I was going to finish my Porter but I think the Stella is going to hit the board first. Hmmmm.....I have been playing with lots of Balsa lately....that is a good thing. Doc-E it actuall looks like it is going to be OK this weekend in the NE, they are talking about 70 deg for sunday .

Cheers,
Jim
Oct 28, 2004, 02:45 PM
tmproff,
I'm in Spring, off Louetta and I-45. By the way, nice Stella!

Stuart
Oct 28, 2004, 05:01 PM
Suspended Account
SRush99,
I have a friend that lives off of 2920 a couple of miles. I actually saw some poeple flying foamies in a park, stopped and talked to them but it's a long drive just to fly. I wouldn't be aginst it every once in a while. Where do you fly?

Thanks Pete!! I like the term "tiger army" I'm about to go out and finish up the electronics. Maiden flight should be tomorrow afternoon.
Oct 28, 2004, 07:56 PM
tmproff,
I belong to a Club in Hockley, Tx but have been known to go with my son to the local school to fly off the football fields when their not in use. Maybe we can meet somewhere between I-45 and Hwy 59 once I get my Stella going.

By the way, You and Pete really need to call your Stella's "Flying Tigers" .

-sr
Oct 28, 2004, 10:37 PM
Woo Hoo, I finished my Stella tonight except for the tail wheel and need to reverse the motor. Thanks for the building help.

Maybe I should take some photos before the maiden... just in case.

I'm using the Axi 2212/26 with a 10x5E prop. It studders a little at start up, what timing should I use with the Phoenix 25?

Grant
Oct 28, 2004, 11:07 PM
Master and Commander
I need to start building! I have had my stella since the DEAF meet. Got to meet Bill in person. What a great guy!
Oct 28, 2004, 11:07 PM
Live to fly!
Thread OP
All you guys, why don't you add your Stellas to the Stevens Aero Appreciation thread on the Parkflyer forum? Any new videos?
Doc
Oct 29, 2004, 03:07 PM
Suspended Account
I maidened my Stella today. IT WAS REALLY WINDY.....took off at about 1/3'rd throttle, very little trim necessary.....I can't really say much because I was fighting the wind and my prop was out of balance. I went through about 3 batteries and even at 19.5 oz (i'm using an AXI 2808-24) it still floated on landings. It doesn't feel heavy at all. I do think I"m going to have to mess with the thrust alignment....seems to be pulling too much to the right. I'll be sure next time I fly with no wind. All in all it flew the way it was supposed to Snap rolls were very snappy....inverted flight was great. In KE, it is going to need a little mixing, seems to pull a little, but that might just be the wind effecting it. I really couldn't try any hovering or other 3d, just too darn windy.
Oct 29, 2004, 04:31 PM
How important are the dowls that hold the landing gear in place. It's a tight fit but I forgot to put them in and I'll have to disconnect my aerilons and such to get to it. I land pretty softly but I don't want to drive the gear into the fuselage.

Grant
Oct 29, 2004, 05:40 PM
Live to fly!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmproff
I maidened my Stella today. IT WAS REALLY WINDY.....took off at about 1/3'rd throttle, very little trim necessary.....I can't really say much because I was fighting the wind and my prop was out of balance. I went through about 3 batteries and even at 19.5 oz (i'm using an AXI 2808-24) it still floated on landings. It doesn't feel heavy at all. I do think I"m going to have to mess with the thrust alignment....seems to be pulling too much to the right. I'll be sure next time I fly with no wind. All in all it flew the way it was supposed to Snap rolls were very snappy....inverted flight was great. In KE, it is going to need a little mixing, seems to pull a little, but that might just be the wind effecting it. I really couldn't try any hovering or other 3d, just too darn windy.
Cograts on a successful maiden!
Doc
Oct 30, 2004, 12:38 AM
Suspended Account
Oh! I forgot to say...the orange/transparent/black trim scheme is really easy to see while flying. I am very happily suprised.
Oct 30, 2004, 01:54 AM
Truss-Loc Monkey
Awesome - it certainly looks great! nice to know you can see it.
-Bill
Oct 30, 2004, 01:58 AM
Around the World
Go to bed Bill, I'm just getting to read my post and you keep repling to them. BTW, search the midnight owl club thread and post there. It's after midnight... Would love to have you join

Quick Reply