Jun 19, 2017, 11:03 PM
You should be able to flash them like any other BLHeli esc. I've flash mine a few months ago with the BLHeli suite..

These esc are a hit and miss. They are okay on my MRP 130 with DYS 1306 3100kv but does not like it with Racerstar 1306 4100kv. Not sure if it's a bad batch or what but my MRP is still going strong after about a year now....
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2017, 11:08 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedinfo
...have any info flashing BLHeli? ...
Everything is explained in painful detail when you download BLHeliSuite zip file in MANY directories. How to do a flashing tool, how to connect up to supported ESCs, etc.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...by-BLHeliSuite

DYS not found in my quick search of the 16414801 manuals I have unzipped, but generally if they have it loaded, you can reflash and edit settings with a cheap tool like an Arduino nano. That said, a little research to see if there are any versions that have been found to break them is advised.
Jun 21, 2017, 07:17 PM
My plan was to run them with emax 1306 4k kv motors on a flexrc owl, 3s lipo.
Jun 21, 2017, 07:31 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
That's pretty high, hope they work out for you.

I'm using a couple sets of Afro ESCs converted to BLHeli with 2300kv motors and they work well. My bud has some 4500kv EDF motors that are running on BLHeli, but he has limited prop size and max output to keep his amps down, so I don't know how they would work if pushed hard. They did OK on a few very short WOT bursts. Neither of us is doing any braking with them as we're using them on planes.
Jun 21, 2017, 07:49 PM
Your result might be different then mine but from my personal experience it wasn't that great. The esc burn and smoke the motors as well with RacerStar 1306 4000kv. The motors were fine with DYS XM10 and LittleBee 20A....

Quote:
Jun 22, 2017, 02:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoshe
Is anyone knows if can use iNav with this Flip32 of HobbyKing?
Ok I finally got a chance to re-flash these. They load and run the latest iNav 1.7.1 and connect to the configurator. I don't have anything else hooked up, but it's identical to the other Flip32 AIO I have so I think we're looking good! Plus this one is the Pro model so it has a baro onboard, iNav detected it, and it works.

Note, I did a dump before I reflashed, and this is what it ships with:
# Cleanflight/NAZE 1.12.0 Feb 19 2016 / 20:01:21 (aa8608a)

In other news, the "Tiny GPS for NANO N32plus Flight Controller" is DOA. I wanted to try out a micro GPS because I thought I might put it on my race quad for fun. Glad I'm only out $12.25 on it.
Jun 27, 2017, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by subpixel
It should do, it's just a naze32 after all.

I might stick one in my z84 and see how she goes.

-I see it has a z84 preset so should be quick & easy enough to try it out without having to learn too much about how iNav works
I read some reviews about iNav, Well... There are few bugs there... Not recommended as I understood.
Do you know different?
Jun 27, 2017, 08:03 AM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
I read some reviews about iNav, Well... There are few bugs there... Not recommended as I understood....
Which version was reviewed and where?
Jun 27, 2017, 11:30 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
I read some reviews about iNav, Well... There are few bugs there... Not recommended as I understood.
Do you know different?
iNav is not for a noob, that's for sure. Not plug-and-play.

I'm knowledgeable with a soldering iron and computer savvy, and it still took a dedicated effort to get everything working with the AIO board. But once it works, it works great. I flew out of range yesterday and RTH worked perfect.
Jun 27, 2017, 04:27 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRexAlot
iNav is not for a noob, that's for sure. Not plug-and-play.

I'm knowledgeable with a soldering iron and computer savvy, and it still took a dedicated effort to get everything working with the AIO board. But once it works, it works great. I flew out of range yesterday and RTH worked perfect.
Have you used it with this Flip32 board? Altitude hold performance without GPS?
Jun 27, 2017, 06:11 PM
Thread OP
I've got iNav on 2 different flying wings, one a standard flip32, the other an AIO identical to this one except it doesn't have the built-in baro. Both have gps, both work great.

I have installed iNav on this board and it takes it fine and detects the onboard baro. But I haven't installed it into a plane yet.
Jun 27, 2017, 07:48 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRexAlot
I've got iNav on 2 different flying wings, one a standard flip32, the other an AIO identical to this one except it doesn't have the built-in baro. Both have gps, both work great.

I have installed iNav on this board and it takes it fine and detects the onboard baro. But I haven't installed it into a plane yet.
Ah .... hoping for a report ... and trying to figure these cryptic instructions out, too.
Jun 28, 2017, 01:28 AM
Thread OP
It's not a plug and play unit, that's for sure. Here's a good tutorial.
http://nathan.vertile.com/blog/2015/...ash-betaflight
It's for Betaflight, but iNav installs the same and configures almost the same too. Give it a shot and head over to the iNav thread.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ite%29-project
Search or post up with questions.
Jun 28, 2017, 09:54 AM
Up! Up! And Away!
^Thanks SRA!
Jun 28, 2017, 01:28 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
SRA, I guess we use Naze with Naze hex for flashing iNav from the iNav configurator? Cleanflight shows a Flip32 AIO but not seeing that option on iNav, but Betaflight also only shows Naze, I think. That Cleanflight Flip32 option is F3 so probably would use Naze for any of the firmwares?

Guess I should also confirm needed switch positions - diagram B -> 1st 4 swithes OFF and last 2 ON?

EDIT: A Cleanflight update worked fine (except the baro was not showing as recognized at top of screen as it was with the supplied version of Cleanflight). But Betaflight over that failed, and also iNav. May have borked the bootloader as now Cleanflight will not work, either.
Last edited by GottaZoom; Jun 29, 2017 at 12:00 AM.

Quick Reply