Dec 18, 2017, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fransk
I had similar problems. it turned out, one of the channels was inverted, because i had changed it around to make it work with PPM/PC Joystick mode.
So, check if your channels are setup correctly:
They will need to be in this order:
  1. CH1 : A (aileron = Roll)
  2. CH2 : E (elevator = Pitch)
  3. CH3 : T (throttle=throttle)
  4. CH4 : R (roll = yaw)
If a channel is inverted the led will stay off and the multiprotocol module acts like it's broken.
@fransk thanks for chiming in .
sometimes i assume people have basic setup completed
but that is not always the case . i made sure that is at the top of the data base i posted eariler.
it also on the chinese 'manual' that comes with the module
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13d...mZqtKesxeu-bPI
Last edited by quadfly51; Dec 18, 2017 at 03:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2017, 03:51 PM
Is it possible to activate rssi and vbat alarms on fs-i6 using bayang protocol with Silverware telemetry?
Dec 20, 2017, 07:02 PM
there are some special channels , 5 to-12 that do headless ,flip or use the camera
and stuff but i don't think any telem is configurable or will pass through or if its even available

Extra features (if available on aircraft):
Channel 5: led light, 3 pos. rate on CX-10 and FQ777-124, H7, inverted flight on H101
Channel 6: flip control
Channel 7: still camera
Channel 8: video camera, pitch trim (FQ777-124)
Channel 9: headless
Channel 10: calibrate Y (V2x2), pitch trim (H7), RTH (H8 mini/H20, FQ777-124), 360deg flip mode (H8 mini 3D/H22)
Channel 11: calibrate X (V2x2), roll trim (H7,FQ777-124)
Channel 12: Reset / Rebind
Last edited by quadfly51; Dec 21, 2017 at 11:50 PM.
Jan 16, 2018, 12:05 PM
There is always a cheaper way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadfly51
might be that since you have less power at 3.7v with the irx6
and 6v for the fs-i6 . so power usually equals range .
also the fs-i6 antennas are above the irx6 perhaps that is blocking
some of the signal ?
did you see this?
add a antenna to your NRF24LO1 module
what that guy is doing is going with a full wave ?

wonder if you put irx6 new antenna above and 90 degrees to
the fs-i6 antennas? would that help

also the antennas on the rtf quads usually leaves something to be desired
i usually make them stand straight up if possible

yeah i have been looking at some signal boosters too but i loose 5.8gHz
before 2.4 lots of trees and very dense.
i hate to be blind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmc007
Lots of great minds thinking alike; I too came here in search of extending the range of this module.
I tried it how I thought it would work, it worked not really good. With the signal booster I get about 3 meters more range, so in theory it is working, but practically there is very much energy wasted. I'm pretty sure that the problem is the connection of the coax cable and the tx antenna. I attached some pictures. If anyone has an idea, please let me know!

Explanation:
Picture 1: how i connected the coax cable to the antenna: I soldered the inner cable to the pad where the power goes into the circuit board antenna and the outer cable to the - pad next to the antenna.
Picture 2: my full setup:
1: BEC: gets power from LIPO and give power at 5V to 2 and 5
2: Damaged FS iA6B receiver: works still perfect on short range(I used it on a car before), gives power(5V) and PPM signal to 3
3: Multiprotocoll module IRX6: is happy about the power from the receiver and converts the Flysky protocol that it gets via PPM from 2, gives the signal to circuit board antenna. I connected the circuit board antenne to the coax cable (4) as you can see in Picture 1
4: Coax Cable: gets signal from 3 and gives it to 5
5: 2W signal booster: gets signal from 4, boosts it and gives it to 6
6: 6 dBi Dipol antenna: gets signal from 5 and sends it out to infinity and far far beyo... Well thats what I hoped...Now it sends it to 35 meters, without the signal booster it was 30 meters, so there is a minimal improval.
Jan 16, 2018, 10:36 PM
first thing that might help is to cut the traces just past
where you soldered , otherwise your still using the board antenna...i think

i've read that generally if you increase the dbi of your antenna you increase the power.
example; if you have 200mw with a 1.6dbi antenna and put on a 3dbi
in theory you should get 400mw
Last edited by quadfly51; Jan 16, 2018 at 10:56 PM.
Feb 01, 2018, 04:55 AM
Quote:

i've read that generally if you increase the dbi of your antenna you increase the power.
Has any one got the rates to work with the E010. Flips works on ch6 which I've put on SwD.
but setting Ch5 on SwC (3 pos switch) doesn't appear to change the rate.
I think its in fastest rate all the time.
Feb 01, 2018, 12:50 PM
Quote:

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I can control my Eachine E011 over 274 meters with my flysky fs i6!
I made a youtube video on how I did it:
280m range with your favorite TX: E011 GCS mod (3 min 8 sec)
Feb 01, 2018, 06:34 PM
alrighty then...
that's sweeet boss !

so its not connected in any way to the TX,right?
other than transmission to the 30m RX .?

do you have any other RTF's that work with the irx6 to range test?
Feb 02, 2018, 01:36 AM
Quote:
alrighty then...
that's sweeet boss !

so its not connected in any way to the TX,right?
other than transmission to the 30m RX .?

do you have any other RTF's that work with the irx6 to range test?
Yeah, there is nothing connected to thx tx, that's why you can use any tx with a ppm ouput.

I have a WLtoys V959, but I don't know if it's compatible with the irx6, I tried a few protocols where it said WLtoys, but it didn't connect. I also have a jxd 509g, but same problem there, I don't know if the quad works with the irx6, it's for sure not in the list, but the chineese mostly copy protocols from other companys, so it might work, but I don't know which protocol to chose. I switched to "real" racequads kinda fast after the jxd509g, that's why I only have 2 and a few E011.

But maybe you can calculate the approximate range. The E011 has with a stock irx6 30m of range, with the signal booster and all that stuff 274. So just measure your stock range, divide it by 30 an multiply it with 274.

Also be sure to make your antenna on the quad point up, that improves the signal in every orientation of the quad!
Feb 02, 2018, 04:37 PM
the protocol list i posted has the jdx 509 listed...looks like it uses one of the CX10
binding procedures.. says you need to reverse some channels in the TX

JD JXD 509 Quad NRF24L01 CX10 Select Q282 option, use CH12 to start motor. Reverse AIL,ELE,RUD channels

wrong module/protocol on this one
WL TOYS v959 Quad A7105
Last edited by quadfly51; Feb 03, 2018 at 01:48 PM.
Feb 07, 2018, 02:14 PM
Quote:
the protocol list i posted has the jdx 509 listed...looks like it uses one of the CX10
binding procedures.. says you need to reverse some channels in the TX

JD JXD 509 Quad NRF24L01 CX10 Select Q282 option, use CH12 to start motor. Reverse AIL,ELE,RUD channels

wrong module/protocol on this one
WL TOYS v959 Quad A7105
Thanks, but (maybe I'm blind) I can't find the Stick movements in the list for the JXD 509g/WL toys v959.
Feb 07, 2018, 09:35 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...bPI/edit#gid=0

line 113 for JDX ---> JD JXD 509 Quad NRF24L01 CX10
then at the top of the page is the different stick combos try one of them that is for CX10
line 20 & 21
there is one other cx10 stick combo but it has left stick combo doesn't work on
i6 with flyplus 10ch firmware, but should work with a stock i6

as for the WLT v959 it has the wrong RX/TX type (A7105)
to work with NRF24L01 .
its not on this list because A7105 stuff doesn't work with the irx6 module(NRF24L01).
when i made that list i removed all the other quads w/module types that did not work with NRF24L01
Last edited by quadfly51; Feb 08, 2018 at 05:08 AM.
Feb 11, 2018, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoghardforth
Has any one got the rates to work with the E010. Flips works on ch6 which I've put on SwD.
but setting Ch5 on SwC (3 pos switch) doesn't appear to change the rate.
I think its in fastest rate all the time.
also some weird things happen like h8 stuck in flip mode....even after removing the battery

i've gotten rates to work on other quads seems its best to put them on a 2 position switch
SWA or SWD and you have to cycle the switch each time you want a higher rate
doesn't seem to work on a 3 position switch. most likely the quad needs the full pulse to cycle
Last edited by quadfly51; Feb 11, 2018 at 04:23 PM.
Feb 16, 2018, 08:03 AM
Quote:
also some weird things happen like h8 stuck in flip mode....even after removing the battery

i've gotten rates to work on other quads seems its best to put them on a 2 position switch
SWA or SWD and you have to cycle the switch each time you want a higher rate
doesn't seem to work on a 3 position switch. most likely the quad needs the full pulse to cycle
Thanks
actually thinking about it I've been playing with the stock transmitter again and realised there's only two rates any way so two pos switch would make sense.
Feb 22, 2018, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixBaum
I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I can control my Eachine E011 over 274 meters with my flysky fs i6!
I made a youtube video on how I did it:
https://youtu.be/YZbPBq2tN_k
Hi, I tried to do this with the same module and the same amplifier but could not get it to work - the signal going to the coax cable seems to be too weak.
Do you have a photo of how you cut the PCB antenna trace? Did you cut it in just one place or more and how wide and deep is the cut?
I checked the inner coax wire solder point and the PCB antenna with a multimeter and they are not connected anymore after I cut the trace but it seems like the module is still transmitting because the range did not really change.
I still get the same range as before even with the amplifier turned both on or off (the amplifier works great with a FrSky TX module btw).
Do you get any signal with the amplifier turned off?

Quick Reply