Jun 12, 2017, 02:59 PM
Thread OP
New Product

Two new Flytower F4&F3 PRO FC W/ OSD & 48CH VTX + 4 In 1 40A ESC Dshot600

Two new AIO combos by Flytower Coming soon! These should certainly clean up your wiring

First up is the F4

Flytower F4 PRO F4 Flight Controller Integrated OSD & 48CH VTX + 4 In 1 40A ESC BLHeli_S Dshot600
Name: Capture.JPG
Views: 57
Size: 48.1 KB
Description:

Description:

F4 flight controller & 48CH VTX:
Board firmware version: Betaflight 3.1.7 OMNIBUSF4SD
Configure: Betaflight
VTX power: OFF/25/200/400mW (MAX 800mW)
CH: 48CH
OSD firmware: Betaflight OSD
Video camera voltage: any stand by 5V video camera
Board size: 36*36mm
Weight: 11.4g

4 in 1 40A ESC BLHeli_S:
PDB: integrated
Battery monitoring: integrated
FC power: integrated
Operating voltage: 2-4S Lipo
Maximum continuous operating current: 4*40A
Maximum instantaneous operating current: 4*45A(5 Seconds)
Oneshot 125/42/ Dshot 150/300/600: YES
BlheliSuite configurable: YES
Firmware version: BLHeli_S / Dshot 150/300/600 16.6(A_H_15/L_H_0)
Weight: 10g

Flytower F4 PRO:
Any board weight: 21.4g (ESC+FC+VTX)
Total weight: 28.7g
Installation height(Add air-cooling fin): 15mm/20mm
Screws: M3*18mm
Recommended rack plate thickness: not more than 3mm (3mm above the appropriate extension of the screw)

Package included:
1 x 4 in 1 40A ESC BLHeli_S
1 x F4 flight controller & 48CH VTX

https://www.banggood.com/Flytower-F4-PRO-F4-Flight-Controller-Integrated-OSD-48CH-VTX-4-In-1-40A-ESC-BLHeli_S-Dshot600-p-1160666.html?rmmds=category

Now the cheaper but still very capable F3

Flytower F3 PRO F3 Flight Controller Integrated OSD & 48CH VTX + 4 In 1 40A ESC BLHeli_S Dshot600
Name: f3.JPG
Views: 54
Size: 44.0 KB
Description:

Description:

F3 flight controller & 48CH VTX:
Board firmware version: Betaflight 3.1.7 OMNIBUS
Configure: Betaflight
VTX power: OFF/25/200/400mW (MAX 800mW)
CH: 48CH
OSD firmware: Betaflight OSD
Video camera voltage: any stand by 5V video camera
Weight: 11.4g

4 in 1 40A ESC BLHeli_S:
PDB: integrated
Battery monitoring: integrated
FC power: integrated
Operating voltage: 2-4S Lipo
Maximum continuous operating current: 4*40A
Maximum instantaneous operating current: 4*45A(5 Seconds)
Oneshot 125/42/ Dshot 150/300/600: YES
BlheliSuite configurable: YES
Firmware version: BLHeli_S / Dshot 150/300/600 16.6(A_H_15/L_H_0)
Weight: 10g

Flytower F3 PRO:
Any board weight: 21.4g (ESC+FC+VTX)
Total weight: 28.7g
Installation height(Add air-cooling fin): 15mm/20mm
Screws: M3*18mm
Recommended rack plate thickness: not more than 3mm (3mm above the appropriate extension of the screw)

Package included:
1 x 4 in 1 40A ESC BLHeli_S
1 x F3 flight controller & 48CH VTX

https://www.banggood.com/Flytower-F3-PRO-F3-Flight-Controller-Integrated-OSD-48CH-VTX-4-In-1-40A-ESC-BLHeli_S-Dshot600-p-1160665.html?rmmds=category
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2017, 10:56 PM

Design

I very much like the design of the Flytower package, and have just set up their earlier non-Pro version.

The 4in1 ESC/PDB is great solution:
-the ESCs are not subject to prop strikes
-the ESCs need not be wrapped and have good air cooling
-the weight is closer to center of gravity and is minimized by combining PDB functionality
-solder points for the motors around perimeter are easily accessible

A plug in pin connection from the ESC board to the FC/VTX/OSD board provides ESC signal function and FC power and significantly reduces setup hassle and is well protected from damage. Currently this is my favorite format and it made for the simplest of builds (Plug n Stack). It gives a very compact 2 layer system that does nearly everything. The FC seems great for minimalist racers and hobbyists with just three small jst plugs

Improvements in Pro iteration?:
-my pre Pro version reportedly did not truly change VTX power 25/200/400mW in a functional manner as it apparently would take 3 to 6 minutes to drop to 25mW power levels (not sure if this is from all startups or just when switching power, but I fear the former). The media from Flytower suggest this may have been fixed in the Flytower Pro.
-my pre Pro version did not run Dshot (but runs OneShot125) and needed a firmware flash to run Spektrum sat rx. Other than that everything was very simple and the OSD thru Betaflight works immediately. My understanding is the Dshot is fixed and the OmnibusF4 firmware has matured.
-Pro version has a somewhat modified means of changing VTX band/freq/power but it is still probably not a favorite of mine being that it uses somewhat cryptic click durations and flashing leds, but at least now later are color coded?
Jun 13, 2017, 12:13 AM
Appears to be the same low quality button in the same bad location for operating the vtx. I'd be very surprised if they actually fixed the vtx power output problem as well. Since the last one they came out with burned the vtx after only a handful of flights for me, I'll let others be the guinea pig on this one.

But honestly, wouldn't recommend it.
Jun 16, 2017, 03:11 PM
New version states that it has a 0 power setting for the VTX but whether it is easy enough to use in practice is unknown. My pre Pro version does get warm and I use the included heat sink which I think it needs. So far it has not been a problem but I have not suffered a long recovery period crash with the battery still connected.
Jun 25, 2017, 02:27 AM
The old version of VTX is through the software code to control the power, but the control power is not accurate, we try to cross the RTC6705 chip company to get more help, in fact we pay a lot of effort, but did not get any reply, do not know whether the Taiwan company Are so, because there is no contact with other Taiwan companies, so uncertain. The current version of the new PRO, a comprehensive reference to the standard TBS hardware control to complete the hardware control, in addition to the thermal attenuation of VTX itself, after the power output is relatively accurate. In the allowed error, you will not need to wait for a certain time before you need the VTX power value. Followed by the frequency of VTX and the location of the button problem, because taking into account the different racks installed, can not be met one by one, as much as possible to take care of more racks, tail buttons and select Panasonic touch button, should be a Relatively good choice, in the life of the button and the location of the contact is a relatively compromise position, of course, if the installation of the board for the open, in the tail of the small space to adjust the VTX, is not a very good way The More feedback, hope that we actively provide, we will be in the future upgrade, more consider the actual use of everyone feel more improvements.
Jul 16, 2017, 08:00 PM
^ Regardless of the translation issues, I think it's great you gave a full response and are seeking feedback to improve. I see the tower coming with the VTX a third layer. When can we expect those on the market?
Jul 18, 2017, 10:38 PM
I agree that the company is very responsive. They answered my questions and got me going quickly from their facebook page.
My old non Pro version works fine and I think the price was a bargain. The 4in1 ESC works awesome, has a small footprint without fit killing protrusions, and has an awesome protected plug interface with the FC/VTX/OSD board.

As to future direction I think it is clear. Flytower should adopt Betaflight OSD compatibility to allow control of VTX parameters, PID settings, camera settings, etc through the goggles with a radio transmitter. This is the future. Cryptic pushing of buttons for various times to get various led responses will not cut it much longer. A good example of an outfit that provides this solution for a bit more money is SirenFPV, although I do not think their 4in1 ESC is as nice and I use an Aikon instead.
Jul 27, 2017, 07:01 AM
I've just built a quad using the F3 version, initial impressions are good, but time will tell: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...eli_S-Dshot600
Oct 12, 2017, 02:59 AM

Exuav products have potential.

I bought the Flytower f4 40 amp all in one. It was advertised as being dshot 600 ready but wouldn't work with any dshot unless the signal caps were removed. I ran oneshot for a couple weeks then removed the caps and flashed dshot600. It flew great for couple more weeks. Then gradually one motor would occasionally fail to arm and require a power cycle until finally it would no longer arm at all.
It had been a month but in that time I probably only flew 20 batteries. I figured I would contact the seller for a possible solution. The reply was, "you bought it a month ago", as though I shouldn't expect a $100 aio fc to last more than a month. The sad thing is, I thought it was a we'll thought out, high quality design that had a simple flaw with the esc board which many others have posted identical problems. I understand problems arise in the development of new products. I just think for a company to create a product that is defective and expect the consumer to pay for the defect is b.s. I did not but from exuav directly, it was bhivorga on amazon, but I've read many posts from others who also got stuck with $100 of worthless pcb,
Dec 18, 2017, 08:35 PM

External microphone fa-mt01 issue

I am having trouble getting a signal from this microphone connected to the audio pin on the front of the board. I pretty much tried everything and ended up using another VTX to make sure it wasn't my goggles and the audio was perfectly clear. When the mic is connected to the flytower F4 version 2.5 all I'm getting is static noise and no response whether it's connected or not the same noise is output 2 the headphones. I'm just wondering if this is a common issue , or is there a particular microphone compatible with this board

Quick Reply