Tamiya Tyrrell P34 Six Wheeler - 1976 Japan GP Special Edition - RC Groups

Tamiya Tyrrell P34 Six Wheeler - 1976 Japan GP Special Edition

Originally produced as an RC car in 1977, the Tamiya Tyrrell P34 Six Wheeler has made it's triumphant return! Let's take a brief look at one of the most unique F1 cars ever created.

Tamiya Tyrrell P34 Six Wheeler - 1976 Japan GP Special Edition

The Six Wheeler Returns!

The Tyrrell P34 caused a sensation within the F1 world when it was unveiled in 1975. Derek Gardner sought to enhance braking and cornering performance by reducing the size of the drag-inducing front tires while preserving contact patch area through the use of 4 tires, thereby creating the only 6-wheeled machine in F1 history. The high performance direct drive 2WD chassis comes equipped with a half double deck frame with 1.5mm thick upper and 2.5mm thick lower FRP plates. The kingpin coil spring 4-wheel independent front suspension consists of the one-piece lower arm and the left/right upper arms. One servo controls the steering of all four front wheels. The rear suspension features a rigid T-bar suspension with a coil spring and friction plate. The spur gear has a built-in ball diff that has a limited slip effect. In addition, both front and rear tires are made with semi-pneumatic rubber. Inner sponge for the rear tires are included.

CLICK HERE for more information.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jun 12, 2017 at 02:31 PM..
Jun 12, 2017, 06:17 PM
Sweet...must have.
Jun 13, 2017, 12:40 AM
I've always liked the 6 wheelers just worry about long term tire availability?
Jun 13, 2017, 11:22 PM
Super BRO Bro..........Bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkft1
I've always liked the 6 wheelers just worry about long term tire availability?

Just do what I do with something like this. Buy two kits and build one while keeping the other for spares, then watch for deals on tires and repair parts and buy a little at a time until you have too much.

This is not something I would race or be hard on as it dosent look loke it will crash well.

I remember watching this car run back in the 70s on Wild world of sports. Back then people would gather on sundays to watch F1 like people today gather for the superbowl, good times.

That was back when sports ment something and races were considered an event.
Jun 15, 2017, 12:11 AM
Sakura Ultimate graduate
Pretty iconic car I must say, might have to pick one up just as a shelf queen.

Already have a F103 6-wheeler conversion and a TeamSaxo F1-Future 6-wheeler though. decisions...
Jun 15, 2017, 05:01 PM
"Bible Thumper"
FPV awesome
Jun 19, 2017, 04:01 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
would love to see this one. any videos out yet?
Jun 26, 2017, 02:40 AM
Tamiya have a good reputation for supporting their products. It wont be a problem sourcing tires.. HOWEVER its up to your local guys if that's where you purchase stuff from to keep stuff in stock.