Sep 30, 2019, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave
I bought the muffler used. I think that's a SEMCO muffler but I am not sure.

Correct, Semco muffler. I had the same one on a Webra/Miss Norway combo back in the day. A Rev Up 11x7.5 would look the part on the gorgeous airplane.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2019, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave
I bought the muffler used. I think that's a SEMCO muffler but I am not sure.
Okay... yes I see it now! I should have zoomed in! Coincidentaly, I looked at the photo and commented while waiting at the optometrist to have my eyes examined! Lol... I'm now the not so proud new owner of my first pair of glasses!
Last edited by RC YEAGER; Sep 30, 2019 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Typo
Sep 30, 2019, 08:42 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC YEAGER
Okay... yes I see it now! I should have zoomed in! Coincidentaly, I looked at the photo and commented while waiting at the optometrist to have my eyes examined! Lol... I'm now the not so proud new owner of my first pair of glasses!
LOL, a Jettstream muffler would have been a bit heavy for the Triton. I have it on the XLT to help with the balance.
Sep 30, 2019, 11:41 PM
Yes... and probably a waste of hardware using it on a loop scavenged engine
Sep 30, 2019, 11:43 PM
Duplicate post
Oct 01, 2019, 12:14 AM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Yes... and probably a waste of hardware using it on a loop scavenged engine
Yeah probably. Did they ever use a tuned pipe on any loop scavenged engine? I play with quite a bit of 2 stroke engine but am not very well versed as to the history of engine designs. I understand they had those control line speed planes and tether cars and such with engines screaming at very high RPM. I wonder what kind of piston designs were they.
Oct 01, 2019, 12:31 AM
Not sure... I do have an HB 61PDP engine on my TH Kaos, which is a loop scavenged engine but has Perry Directional Porting (hence the PDP moniker) which improves breaghing and acts like schnuerle porting. It has an OPS tuned pipe and although it elevates the horsepower, the gain isn't as much as with schnuerle port engines
Last edited by RC YEAGER; Oct 01, 2019 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Typo
Oct 01, 2019, 12:21 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Not sure... I do have an HB 61PDP engine on my TH Kaos, which is a loop scavenged engine but has Perry Directional Porting (hence the PDP moniker) which improves breaghing and acts like schnuerle porting. It has an OPS tuned pipe and although it elevates the horsepower, the gain isn't as much as with schnuerle port engines
LOL now that's another mod to the model engines. I have heard of PDP but never really took the time to figure out what makes a PDP design. I know all the designs have to do with the location of the intake ports. All I know is that I love those Rossis with the 3 + 2 porting. When I look at the more recent Nova Rossi engines some of them claim they have 8 ports (There may not be a cylinder sleeve left with that many cut outs). I need to take one apart and count.

Quick Reply