Jun 12, 2017, 11:14 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Dumas triton

Hi! I am looking for the plans of the Triton by Jim Kirkland.. Any help?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2017, 12:29 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicwind
Hi! I am looking for the plans of the Triton by Jim Kirkland.. Any help?
I have a set. I made the copy at a local printer when I built the kit. PM me.
Jun 20, 2017, 10:49 AM
AMA 46133
I digitized the plans to two pdf files attached here.
Jun 20, 2017, 12:31 PM
Thread OP
Thank you very much!

Giovanni
Jun 29, 2017, 11:56 AM
Brighto?
Anyone have the wing templates and dimensions?
Jun 29, 2017, 11:58 AM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Denest
Anyone have the wing templates and dimensions?
What templates are you talking about? Root and tip foil? I did trace the foil from the foam core but they are not the most accurate. The cores are moulded and not hot wire cut.
Jun 29, 2017, 02:41 PM
DavidsPlanes
Hansen,

thanks for the drawings. I assembled the fuse/stab plan into a single drawing which resulted in a largish PDF file. I also extracted the instructions from the sheet which are also available in a PDF file.

Below are reduced scale (HD resolution) JPG versions of the files for reference and upload.

If anyone wants the full scale PDF's, please email me via RCG (no PM's for this please) and I'll send you the two files.

David
Jun 29, 2017, 03:44 PM
DHG
DHG
Kinetic Sculptor
Giovanni (and others),

The Triton was designed to use a fiberglass front end. Hansen graciously sent me one that he got out of an old kit, and I intended (still intend, actually) to pull a mold from it and make more Triton noses. I thought it would be a simple process but the piece was pretty badly warped and cracked after 40+ years in storage, so I had to do some restoration work before beginning the process of pulling a mold. Just FYI that there's hope if you want to do an authentic build from plans ... although it's a simple enough shape that you could probably duplicate it using balsa blocks & no one would be the wiser.

Cheers,
Duane
Jun 29, 2017, 06:20 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxilia
Hansen,

thanks for the drawings. I assembled the fuse/stab plan into a single drawing which resulted in a largish PDF file. I also extracted the instructions from the sheet which are also available in a PDF file.

Below are reduced scale (HD resolution) JPG versions of the files for reference and upload.

If anyone wants the full scale PDF's, please email me via RCG (no PM's for this please) and I'll send you the two files.

David
Very nice David. Thanks.
Jun 29, 2017, 06:23 PM
AMA 46133
>>although it's a simple enough shape that you could probably duplicate it using balsa blocks & no one would be the wiser. <<

Since I had to modify the firewall for the electric conversion I decided to just carve one out of balsa blocks. Works just fine and I have been flying my Triton quite a bit. Landing is a little faster since I have to dive it in from a higher altitude before touch down. There are some pretty tall trees (80' or more) right on my landing approach. I do plan to cut them down one day. Just have to get inspired. In the meantime the Triton flies really nice. I think it is a shade under 7 pounds.
Jun 29, 2017, 06:33 PM
AMA 46133
I think there is another Triton thread. Regardless here are some pictures of my built.

One item if any of you plan to build one. Do something about the main landing gear block. The stock one on mine started to wobble after only a few flight. I flew off grass so maybe the reason. The hard wood blocks are flushed with the wing sheeting so they were counter sunk in the foam maybe 1/2". I had to cut the wing sheeting out and epoxied in some plywood false ribs to give the main gear blocks more surface area.
Jun 30, 2017, 09:51 AM
Brighto?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave
What templates are you talking about? Root and tip foil? I did trace the foil from the foam core but they are not the most accurate. The cores are moulded and not hot wire cut.
Thanks Seismic, forgot about your build thread with all the information. I should know better.
Nov 13, 2018, 10:41 AM
Thread OP

Dumas Triton plan

Hi I would like to get the 'joined' full size version of the plans.
My e-mail is: [email protected]

Thanks!
Giovanni
Nov 13, 2018, 12:48 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicwind
Hi I would like to get the 'joined' full size version of the plans.
My e-mail is: [email protected]

Thanks!
Giovanni
Email sent
Nov 13, 2018, 01:04 PM
Thread OP
Thank you very much!

Quick Reply