Screwed by DJI AGAIN!! - Page 4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 14, 2017, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Sorry guys I cant help with every case and some PM's get lost... My role here is not to get into support cases unless all other avenues have been exhausted (which this case has). With that being said I have helped many users out and got them the support they needed. I'm only one person and cant help on every case.

Also there is only 6m warranty on batteries and this is stated online under our warranty terms. It is also the responsibility of the dealer if these packs are DOA on new units.

Below is only a little over a months worth of PM's, so yeah things can slip through the cracks. Even when it's not my job duty to get in the middle of repair issues.
Excuse me for asking, but what is your role here? Seriously. You seem quite knowledgeable and it seems you have helped a lot of people.
It's obvious you are a flag bearer for DJI, which is OK, but what is your actual role.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2017, 04:21 PM
US Support / 107 Certified
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWDen
Excuse me for asking, but what is your role here? Seriously. You seem quite knowledgeable and it seems you have helped a lot of people.
It's obvious you are a flag bearer for DJI, which is OK, but what is your actual role.
Pretty much to help out on here and FB and test new product.. I've been doing this for DJI in my spare time for about 4 years now.

As most know this isn't my primary job, I have a fulltime job as in IT manager. This is why I cant be everywhere ever day!
Latest blog entry: Mavic CrystalSky Mount
Jun 14, 2017, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Pretty much to help out on here and FB and test new product.. I've been doing this for DJI in my spare time for about 4 years now.

As most know this isn't my primary job, I have a fulltime job as in IT manager. This is why I cant be everywhere ever day!
I understand that. I was an IT project manager at Delta Airlines for several years before I retired in December 2007 . Rolled out several projects such as IT Asset Management and Help Desk applications. . That doesn't leave a lot of time for other pursuits.
Jun 15, 2017, 12:58 PM
Quote:
I understand that. I..That doesn't leave a lot of time for other pursuits.
Just check his tag, does the word "sponsor" give you some hints?
Jun 15, 2017, 01:22 PM
US Support / 107 Certified
Quote:
Originally Posted by PE9999
Sponsor doesn't mean what most people think it does on the site. Sponsor on RCG just means that someone is a paid advertiser. DJI employees all wear the green sponsor tag under DJI's account.
Latest blog entry: Mavic CrystalSky Mount
Jun 15, 2017, 01:24 PM
RIP Charlie T. Wilbury, Jr.
It's actually extremely transparent, All RCG advertisers are clearly labelled as such.
Jun 15, 2017, 03:06 PM
Be sure to keep us updated op. I'm watching this to see how DJI does.
Jun 15, 2017, 03:52 PM
Critic at Large
Quote:
My opinion of DJI is they are a corrupt company that couldn't care less about their customers and offer no support.

A pox on them and their staff and fan boys.
Interesting - the Mavic Pro (their really newer model out in quantity) has a 4.3 stars rating on Amazon. Based on my experience (author of books on Amazon and blogger, writer, youtuber, etc.), anything over 4 is pretty good (given enough reviews). 4.3 is almost up to Apple Territory and virtually identical to the Sony RX100 - my favorite camera.

So are all these companies corrupt and offer no support - yet maintain high reviews over thousands of entries? Heck, Southwest and JetBlue - upstart discount airlines beat Delta in customer satisfaction.

Perhaps you should tone down your words a bit and actually use math, statistics, logic, common sense and the "newness" of the entire industry and DJI (less than 4 years into the true consumer market) as a gauge. Just saying....
Jun 15, 2017, 04:27 PM
Actually had a phantom 3 for a while, the only problem I had was the DJI go app crashing occasionally. I always had time for it to restart though and land safely. I also always flew with clear los to the RTH point and landed with 45% battery. It was good to me for the short time that I kept it, I just am not in a position to do mail in repairs since I live on the road so I realized it was a mistake and switched to things I can maintain myself.
Jun 15, 2017, 05:06 PM
Critic at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyStain
Actually had a phantom 3 for a while, the only problem I had was the DJI go app crashing occasionally. I always had time for it to restart though and land safely. I also always flew with clear los to the RTH point and landed with 45% battery. It was good to me for the short time that I kept it, I just am not in a position to do mail in repairs since I live on the road so I realized it was a mistake and switched to things I can maintain myself.
I'm from your neck of the woods - born in Philly and lived in S. Jersey.

Heck, lots of people here have landed with 10% battery and even less. Phantoms are pretty good that way. These days I keep my warnings at 20% or so because I don't go far away during my flights.

Never had to send in a craft so I am lucky. I fixed a small problem (power leads) on my original Phantom (1) years ago and since then it's all been in software.

95% of people probably have no idea how to fix, build or maintain a DIY copter - which is why they don't sell in quantity. If it was easy they would have penetrated much further over the years.

Eat some James salt water taffy for me when you get to the beach - Johnsons popcorn if you make it to OC...or Uncle Bills Pancakes. Or Sac-o-Subs.
Jun 15, 2017, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PE9999
I got it. When I see "sponsor" I know that person is going to be all in for what ever company he represents. He may or may not be paid, but he is going to defend whomever he is sponsoring , right or wrong.

I guess I could be considered a "sponsor " for Horizon, Husban or Yuneec because I like them and talk them up every chance I get.
Jun 16, 2017, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyStain
Be sure to keep us updated op. I'm watching this to see how DJI does.
Well update... I did get an overnight shipping label thanks to Blade Strike, and sent it in, they checked it in and it went into evaluation (which according to the email can take 3 business days) Since then I have not heard anything back... I decided not to call them to see whats going on and let them do their thing.
Though when I filed the case they told me this will be an escalated case because of the issues I was having and my Inspire would be given priority... guess this is DJI working fast....

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri
Never had to send in a craft so I am lucky. I fixed a small problem (power leads) on my original Phantom (1) years ago and since then it's all been in software.

95% of people probably have no idea how to fix, build or maintain a DIY copter - which is why they don't sell in quantity. If it was easy they would have penetrated much further over the years.
I have had many DJI drones before never a real issue... I think the bigger DJI grows as a company the worse their customer service becomes. They are just getting too cocky.

Last year after the phantom 4 issue I started building the Vulcan UAV Black widow X8 quad. But the cost to rig one of those up came out more than the Inspire, and then you don't have as much control over your camera once you're in the air with a build like that as you do get with these ready to go drones... So the inspire SEEMED like the better option.
now I regret not finishing the Vulcan.

On that note if anyone has any advice for a frame to start my next build on to carry a DSLR camera in X8, hexa, or octo set up any input would be awesome. I'm seriously cutting ties with DJI after this issue, because I know they will not fix it.
Jun 16, 2017, 03:59 PM
RIP Charlie T. Wilbury, Jr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge2489
Well update... I did get an overnight shipping label thanks to Blade Strike, and sent it in, they checked it in and it went into evaluation (which according to the email can take 3 business days) Since then I have not heard anything back... I decided not to call them to see whats going on and let them do their thing.

Though when I filed the case they told me this will be an escalated case because of the issues I was having and my Inspire would be given priority... guess this is DJI working fast....

I have had many DJI drones before never a real issue... I think the bigger DJI grows as a company the worse their customer service becomes. They are just getting too cocky.

Last year after the phantom 4 issue I started building the Vulcan UAV Black widow X8 quad. But the cost to rig one of those up came out more than the Inspire, and then you don't have as much control over your camera once you're in the air with a build like that as you do get with these ready to go drones... So the inspire SEEMED like the better option.

now I regret not finishing the Vulcan.

On that note if anyone has any advice for a frame to start my next build on to carry a DSLR camera in X8, hexa, or octo set up any input would be awesome. I'm seriously cutting ties with DJI after this issue, because I know they will not fix it.

It's been a few days, it's being delt with, be realistic and give it some time, not sure what service you expecting but you also need to be realistic in your expectations 😏
Jun 16, 2017, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge2489
You only got the label on Tuesday I think... ?

So yes, if your aircraft is already in evaluation I'd say you were being expedited pretty well all things considered...

I know it is difficult to be patient when things are in repair, but I'm sure you'll hear more early next week once they have had a chance to figure out what exactly is wrong...
Jun 16, 2017, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
It's been a few days, it's being delt with, be realistic and give it some time, not sure what service you expecting but you also need to be realistic in your expectations 😏
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telrin
You only got the label on Tuesday I think... ?

So yes, if your aircraft is already in evaluation I'd say you were being expedited pretty well all things considered...

I know it is difficult to be patient when things are in repair, but I'm sure you'll hear more early next week once they have had a chance to figure out what exactly is wrong...
Last two time when I sent in the drone for repairs when I got the evaluation email they had an idea what was wrong the next day...
But I am waiting patiently for the results, I don't wanna call them and piss them off anymore, so waiting... watching grass grow lol.