Jun 11, 2017, 02:08 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
Contest

Practice F5J event SVSS June 18th

Spring has sprung and F5J fever is upon us and sweeping the US this year. For the latest F5J info in the USA please check out www.f5j-usa.com. If you've ever wondered what F5J is like, here's your chance to try it out in a casual fun atmosphere at the west coast's premier RC soaring field with literally hundreds and hundreds of acres of wide open grassy fields. It will be a casual fun event on Sunday June18th and will follow normal FAI F5J rules using standard 10 meter F5J landing tapes, with Three exceptions
1) we WILL allow planes with CAM limiters to compete simply by recording start height as the cam limiters setting plus 8meters for zoom.
2) Motor restarts WILL be allowed, but will result in a 0 flight score.
3 ) This will be a self timed event using
The big red clock which will allow us to fly more rounds.
Last time we got in 8 rounds with one throwout round.
The famous Big Red Clock will be there.

The format will be as follows :
As many prelim rounds of 10min each as possible followed by 2 flyoff rounds of 15 min each. Prelim scores DONOT count in flyoffs. There will be one throwout round in prelims if at least 5rounds in prelims are flown,And 40-50% of top scoring pilots in prelim will go to flyoffs.

This is a bring your own lunch event, however cold drinks WILL be provided
Pilots meeting at 9AM with first round going off at 9:30

This is NOT an F5J USA Tour event. Some have likened F5J to ALES as chess is to checkers.
Entry fee of $10 is payable at the time of the event June 18th,This would be a great practice/warmup event for the upcoming SBSS F5J USA Tour event at Hollister Ca. July 15-16th,Our field ( SVSS) is at Yolo County Grasslands park 4mi outside of Davis , for directions please see the SVSS club website svss.org
For further questions please contact me at airman749@aol.com
Jerry ,your CD and host.
If you can't find us,,, you should be able to see me from Space
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2017, 02:23 PM
Professional sink locator
We have had alot of fun with our F5J practice days:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...practice-event
Jun 11, 2017, 02:46 PM
Team Hello Kitty
You're right Garry they are challenging and lots of fun. Jerry I'll be there! BTW I had to wear dark glasses to view your pic. Is that outfit radioactive or what?
Jun 11, 2017, 09:30 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
Yes,,it's got its own power source ;-)
Jun 13, 2017, 10:49 AM
E sailplane thermal hack
Hey guys Jerry here,, your friendly F5J CD,, weather is forecast for 101sunday,, so let's move the time earlier. I'm proposing we have pilots meeting at 8AM with first flight at 8:30,,,,, everybody okay with that?? If we self time using the big red clock like last time, we should be able to easily get in at least 6rounds,, I'll bring cold drinks. Should be ALOT of fun. Anybody who's planning on going you can tell me in this thread or E mail me at : airman749@aol.com
Thanks! Hope to see you there
Jun 13, 2017, 11:06 AM
Team Hello Kitty
Sounds good Jerry, I just put my cooling rag in the car. I'm ready.

Quick Reply