Creality CR-10 New To Printing - RC Groups
Jun 11, 2017, 02:24 PM
Flying Duck Systems
Discussion

Creality CR-10 New To Printing

Hello, Everyone.

I am new to 3D Printing.

I have a Creality CR-10 coming, it is my first printer.

It should be here on Wednesday.

Are there any recommendations of things to do with it immediately or things to begin printing with in order to aquaint myself gently?

I have enough PETG and PLA coming for a small army.

Best,

Ben
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2017, 06:01 PM
Don't have a CR10 (yet) but a couple of suggestions... most of which I suspect you know since you bought a printer.
  • CR10 has a pretty good FaceBook page. Lot's of help there.
  • Find a good slicer. Cura a freebie is okay to start, or you can plunk down $150 and get Simplify3d. There are others but it seems these are the 2 most popular right now.
  • Probably start at thingiverse and get some small samples to test with. Then you might want to print a couple printer upgrades. I think the first one would be a filament guide. I hear the CR10 routes the filament pretty close to the z axis leadscrew and it might cause problems.
  • Learn a CAD program so you can create your own stuff(?) Depends on what you want to make...
  • After some test prints / upgrades I'm sure you'll have a half dozen or more things in the queue ready to print!