Horizon Hobby Media Day - RCGroups.com - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Horizon Hobby Media Day - RCGroups.com

I was excited to be invited to the Horizon Hobby Media Day at Eli Field. I had a chance to fly lots of their newest air releases, including the X-vert. I got in the goggles for some FPV and even got on the sticks of a Havoc jet!

Splash

Fun with Horizon Hobby!

I had a great time at Eli Field hanging with the Horizon crew! There was a slew of Horizon planes on the ground for us to fly. The Horizon brand managers were out flying their favorite planes as well. Jason Merkel really demonstrated what it looks like to really get to know a particular airframe. He was wearing out the Carbon Z Cessna and really showing off it's flight envelope.

James had his FPV birds out and got me on sticks of his Opterra. Even in 18 mph winds it handled great. I had a blast flying with other Horizon pilots in the goggles.

Ali Machinchy was brave enough to get me on the sticks of his Havoc jet. This was my first time to fly a jet and all I can say is, "WOW!" Josh from FliteTest was there with me and we both got some stick time. We were equally blown away!!

David Payne had a bevy of new X-verts for us to fly. Even in the high wind I could get this little wing moving, rolling and flat spinning. The ability to flip a switch and go to multirotor mode was totally new to me and lots of fun. We spent some time flying the X-vert through tent frames and I got the goggles on and did some FPV with it as well. I can attest to the fact that the X-vert can take a hit. I plowed it into the asphalt multiple times!

I got to spend time with the FliteTest crew and man what a great group of guys. I'm excited to call this crew my friends and look forward to seeing them at future events!

Today is open to the public so I'm off to grab the action!!

Jun 10, 2017, 08:57 AM
Administrator
Photos from media day...
Jun 12, 2017, 01:26 AM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Nice RCGroups logo photoshop job on the lead Opterra.

Jun 12, 2017, 11:32 AM
Administrator
I was going to use that as the lead image but then I found that great goggle photo and went with it.
Jun 14, 2017, 03:18 PM
Is that Havoc an edf?
Jun 15, 2017, 03:45 AM
How do you think DJI goggle compare to fat shark?
Jun 15, 2017, 09:33 AM
Administrator
The DJI goggle was AMAZING.