to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2017, 11:44 AM
Piscine Promulgator
Dang another good one! Rad
Aug 10, 2017, 12:47 PM
jlk
jlk
Lifetime Beginner
Cool move and Hughes d those are beautiful. Are you using paint? If so what paint is it?
Aug 10, 2017, 01:33 PM
...but up to now I can't tell if the paint sticks to the foam after some hard landings. We will see...
Aug 10, 2017, 01:58 PM
Rattle can paint made by MPX specifically made to be used on EPO? Oh wow. Nice.

Is there a US distributor? Do you have a link? I just did a seach and I only came up with ebay from Germany with $40 shipping. That ain't gonna work, lol.

The paint isn't going to just get shaken off from hard landings. You might want to spray a coat of clear coat over it (the plane or at least the painted areas). I see many paint schemes here where paint is on the wings and fuse right where they meet. If the tape to hold the wings onto the fuse well is replaced from hard landings, it might come up then. You can let us know if upon having to remove and replace that tape if the paint comes up or stays put.

I cheated and bought a used one. Unfortunately the paint on mine has come up off the foam when that tape is replaced after a rough session, such as getting ran over by a car LOL, and the place where a couple of small pieces of tape have been to keep the canopy from flying off during hard snap maneuvers. Not sure if the plane was wiped down with denatured alcohol prior to the paint that was air brushed on or if that is even the remedy or not.

To everyone out there, what are some things that should be done so the paint sticks well and doesn't come off when tape is removed (replaced)?
Last edited by fly2bob; Aug 10, 2017 at 02:42 PM.
Aug 10, 2017, 02:59 PM
https://www.multiplex-rc.de/produkte...euchtrot-400ml
I wont use Tape for the joints on the AHI, there is a better way on this Glider to fix the wings.
I am not so afraid that paint is coming off. This glider is made to fly not to look at
Aug 10, 2017, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2bob
Rattle can paint made by MPX specifically made to be used on EPO? Oh wow. Nice.

Is there a US distributor? Do you have a link? I just did a seach and I only came up with ebay from Germany with $40 shipping. That ain't gonna work, lol.

The paint isn't going to just get shaken off from hard landings. You might want to spray a coat of clear coat over it (the plane or at least the painted areas). I see many paint schemes here where paint is on the wings and fuse right where they meet. If the tape to hold the wings onto the fuse well is replaced from hard landings, it might come up then. You can let us know if upon having to remove and replace that tape if the paint comes up or stays put. .....
Testors Plastic Model Paint and Tamiya Acrylic Colors are also good for EPO.

My AHI stucks in shipping, in the meantime it taste well in Sushi .
Aug 10, 2017, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk
Cool move and Hughes d those are beautiful. Are you using paint? If so what paint is it?
I used covering tape.
Aug 10, 2017, 03:17 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Covering tape as in Ultrakote or Monocote or sign vinyl?
Aug 10, 2017, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes_d
...but up to now I can't tell if the paint sticks to the foam after some hard landings. We will see...
Sauber ,....

but where is the Model / Pilot ID
Aug 11, 2017, 07:59 AM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude

Yay!

I had to wait to order my Ahi due to a perfect storm of annual bills and unexpected medical expenses which drained my 'wild money' account. It's been tough, too, because I remember the wait some customers have had to endure while Dream-Flight replenished their stock of other models. Consequently, I've been suffering some anxiety for the last few weeks while I impatiently waited for my financial situation to stabilize.

But the wait is over, and there were no "out of stock" notices when I placed my order this morning.

So now it's simply a matter of impatiently waiting for my package to arrive, and the anxiety is an unnecessary option now.

Whew!

Pete
Aug 11, 2017, 09:11 AM
Piscine Promulgator
Pete, I think you're gonna love it! It's a darn-near perfect little aerobatics plane. I expect they're going to be very, very popular as the word spreads... get 'em while they're hot!
Aug 11, 2017, 09:22 AM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfimp
Pete, I think you're gonna love it!
I know I'm going to love it, Steve.

Pete
Aug 11, 2017, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2bob
Remember;

UP
RUDDER and hold rudder
SAME AILERON
FULL CAMBER
OPPOSITE AILERON varying
I'm still having problems doing this .. I'm not having any probs with initiating the spin, but when I apply the full camber, all this seems to do is point the nose more at the ground. Since there's no more up elevator left to compensate for the nose down effect from the camber, she just plummets!

I might try full reflex today and see what happens (if I get the chance).

Maybe I don't have enough down throw on the camber(?) If I increase it though, I think I might then run out of aileron travel(?)

Cheers
Aug 11, 2017, 05:30 PM
Piscine Promulgator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightplan
I'm still having problems doing this .. I'm not having any probs with initiating the spin, but when I apply the full camber, all this seems to do is point the nose more at the ground. Since there's no more up elevator left to compensate for the nose down effect from the camber, she just plummets!

I might try full reflex today and see what happens (if I get the chance).

Maybe I don't have enough down throw on the camber(?) If I increase it though, I think I might then run out of aileron travel(?)
The timing is tricky. I'd try reversing the aileron first, then applying the camber. You have to reverse the aileron pretty quickly - like, as soon as you see that the spin is initiated, and you have to do it fast - i.e. it's a quick move from full pro-spin aileron to full anti-spin aileron, then drop full camber.

Make sure you're on high elevator rates, too.

Alternatively, try the "easy mode" spin entry proposed here:
Dream Flight Ahi - Easy Flatspin Entry (0 min 32 sec)

Do a half loop, then when the glider gets to the top, bury your sticks in the bottom opposite corners. It should flop over and directly into the flat spin.