Dreamflight Ahi aerobatic glider - Page 4 - RC Groups
Jun 28, 2017, 11:02 PM
And Repairs
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsonh
I can't wait to get one!
And we can't wait to see Your rockin' videos flying it.
I still check out your Vimeo page every now and then for inspiration....
https://vimeo.com/user339251
Last edited by TyFlies; Jun 28, 2017 at 11:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2017, 01:06 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Can't wait.
I am getting one for sure.

https://dream-flight.com/products/ahi-kit

Dave
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber Bird
Jun 29, 2017, 01:46 AM
characters welcome!
Whereinell is surfimp?

mw
Jun 29, 2017, 01:58 AM
foam is fun, but glass is fast
Patiently waiting like us mortals looking forward to getting his hands on one
Latest blog entry: What I currently own..
Jun 29, 2017, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood
Whereinell is surfimp?

mw
http://www.slopeaerobatics.com/2017/...am-flight-ahi/
Jun 29, 2017, 02:34 PM
Ahi Fest has a nice ring to it doesn't it?
Jun 29, 2017, 06:06 PM
Piscine Promulgator
I'm taking two of these to France with me next month

One (at least) will be modded to have a Madstab. Looks pretty straightforward (hopefully).

EDIT: This is probably a good way to go with the madstab mod as far as the linkages are concerned. We learned from JGAF's planes that a small fixed centerpiece is fine, so we'd be able to continue to use the plugin stab halves, they'd just need to be modified to increase the size of the moving portion, and some kind of pull-pull setup similar to the below run through the existing pushrod tunnel. Some hogging out would be necessary and it wouldn't be for the faint of heart - but it would be clean and easily packable.

https://voltige-planeur-rc.net/le-mad-stab/

Alternatively, you could pop the elevator servo out the side of the fuselage (ideally up in the nose, but the tailboom works fine too) and run external pull-pull strings like we've been doing for a long time with these planes. It wouldn't be as pretty, but it would be easy and reliable.

The real trick is keeping the plug-on stab halves while adding the madstab functionality (captain obvious!)
Last edited by surfimp; Jun 29, 2017 at 06:31 PM.
Jun 29, 2017, 06:29 PM
Just Toss It !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfimp
I'm taking two of these to France with me next month .
Whereabouts?......Since we don't get to do it here, maybe we'll get to fly together over there!
Jun 29, 2017, 08:43 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Cool, have fun.

Dave
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber Bird
Jun 29, 2017, 09:18 PM
It's time for me to fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slope P
Ahi Fest has a nice ring to it doesn't it?
Sounds delicious!
Jun 30, 2017, 01:49 AM
Waiting
Jun 30, 2017, 10:55 AM
Piscine Promulgator
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATIN
Whereabouts?......Since we don't get to do it here, maybe we'll get to fly together over there!
The goal is to fit in Brittany with Remi Le Besque and Eric Poulain, the Alps with Francois Cahour, and the Pyrenees with Stephane Combet. Will be there the last week of July and first week of August. When I have the itinerary fully nailed down I'll let you know
Jun 30, 2017, 11:14 AM
IHeartDLG
I was about to order a Weasel, but may be waiting and getting both in the same shipment. Looks like fall sloping could be a lot of fun for me this year.
Jun 30, 2017, 04:21 PM
Just Toss It !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfimp
The goal is to fit in Brittany with Remi Le Besque and Eric Poulain, the Alps with Francois Cahour, and the Pyrenees with Stephane Combet. Will be there the last week of July and first week of August. When I have the itinerary fully nailed down I'll let you know
Dang!.... We'll miss each other !.....I'll be in the Alps the third week of July,
Jun 30, 2017, 11:15 PM
Interesting sloper plane for those low wind days when I do not want to throw our an expensive Discus Launch plane or modeled F3F plane.