Dreamflight Ahi aerobatic glider - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jun 27, 2017, 01:19 PM
If it has madstab elevator and 90 degrees you will need stronger servos.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2017, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewID
Too heavy imho. Weasel yes needs such strong MG servos.. But here i do belive we need to find ~8-10gr metal gear with good centering. Any sugestions here, or simply HXT900 ? )
Based upon servo location,

I'm thinking the servo weight differential won't be significant to flight characteristics. A set of 12gr EMAX ES3302s or 14gr ES09MDs with Noble Pots should do the trick and any added weight should be well distributed across the airframe, with this servo location.
Jun 27, 2017, 05:24 PM
Silent Flight
Wow, bravo to Dream Flight. This looks like fun.

I'm curious if anyone has seen the box it comes in or how it's packaged? One thing I really appreciated about the Alula was how portable you could make it if you if you so desired, and the box it came in certainly had that in mind when they designed it. It's not exactly clear for the Ahi though, but the tail assembly picture on the second page of their promotional PDF looks like you might be able to disassemble it for transport. To have a durable, non-wing, aerobat that can fly in light lift would be awesome to pack on a business trip or vacation.

-Jonathan
Jun 27, 2017, 06:03 PM
Brett
It says it assembles with interlocking parts and magnets. However, it also requires some tape (but not sure where).
Jun 27, 2017, 06:38 PM
Silent Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjaffee
It says it assembles with interlocking parts and magnets. However, it also requires some tape (but not sure where).
With the amount of thought that has gone into other designs, one can only hope this follows suit.
Jun 27, 2017, 07:17 PM
I know Michael puts in just as much thought into the box as rest of design.
Jun 27, 2017, 08:08 PM
It looks like a fantastic airplane with a great price point. Bravo.
Jun 27, 2017, 09:11 PM
Tail dragger
Is there a preorder list yet?
Jun 28, 2017, 12:11 AM
Their site still says unavailable.
Jun 28, 2017, 01:15 AM
I can easily see this little bird fast becoming the Dream Flight version of the Speedo,..

....with everybody having to one
Jun 28, 2017, 01:51 AM
foam is fun, but glass is fast
After watching the video 3 times since it was posted I'm sure there will be amazinggg videos to see from near and far. Will be a very interesting weaselfest next year
I hate my job so much I'm taking the day off when mine will be in my hand haha.
hopefully wind will be local when that day comes cause I am itching to fly it already,
Latest blog entry: What I currently own..
Jun 28, 2017, 01:59 AM
foam is fun, but glass is fast
They have not done pre orders (as in weeks before first shipped) before as far as I know, just first in line first to get shipped, they do seem to have done a pretty good job of getting the weasel trek and alula available to all markets at the same time tho.
Latest blog entry: What I currently own..
Jun 28, 2017, 02:03 AM
Is it a fully symmetrical aerofoil?
Jun 28, 2017, 12:49 PM
Semi symmetrical
Jun 28, 2017, 10:52 PM
Flagstaff, AZ
The ample aileron surfaces coupled with a flapperon mix (i.e. Snap Flaps, or flapperons on the throttle stick) will allow for all sorts of camber/reflex adjustment… from neutral to fully cambered/reflexed. The Ahi slope video shows good carving ability and a nice looseness in the stall maneuvers. I can't wait to get one!

Dawson