Dreamflight Ahi aerobatic glider - Page 131 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 16, 2018, 02:23 AM
HEY STEVE..............did you see this?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...el-Transmitter
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2018, 03:09 AM
BMFA 190658
I should have held out for this then I could fly motorised full house gliders with it.
The 6e can’t do that
Apr 16, 2018, 02:47 PM

HXT900 servos, and an un-eventful maiden

Got my Ahi in the air, and of course I liked it! Tried an outside loop right away, and it worked (ok, a very small one

In the front I enlarged the servo cutouts to fit HXT900, those work fine (and they are very cheap), in the wings I use 6g Corona DS633BP servos from HK (because they fit perfectly), should they turn out inadequate I will enlarge the servo pockets in size and depth and put HXT900s in as well.
1s lipo.

No great flying, but fun for sure even for an average pilot like myself - hope to improve my skills with the Ahi

Ahi maiden Stetten 14apr2018 (3 min 33 sec)
Apr 16, 2018, 02:54 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopetista
Got my Ahi in the air, and of course I liked it! Tried an outside loop right away, and it worked (ok, a very small one

In the front I enlarged the servo cutouts to fit HXT900, those work fine (and they are very cheap), in the wings I use 6g Corona DS633BP servos from HK (because they fit perfectly), should they turn out inadequate I will enlarge the servo pockets in size and depth and put HXT900s in as well.
1s lipo.

No great flying, but fun for sure even for an average pilot like myself - hope to improve my skills with the Ahi

https://youtu.be/6FprLEkCghA
Congratulations on the maiden. Looks like some good flying to me.

Dave
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber Bird
Apr 16, 2018, 07:00 PM
It's time for me to fly
Yes, nice flying, and nice slope!
Apr 18, 2018, 10:44 PM
check for reversed controls
I'm the newest owner of one just completed my order and am anxiously awaiting my package.
Apr 19, 2018, 08:10 PM
It's time for me to fly
Does anyone know how the wing clamp screw mechanism works? One of mine is striped. Wondering if it's something I can dig in to and fix, or just come up with a different wing retention method (magnets).
Apr 19, 2018, 08:16 PM
Brett
I assume the carbon tube is tapped for the screw. One thing you could do would be to take a small piece of wood (say 1/4" square) and tap it for the same size screw used in the wing. Then make a small cutout in the wing, corresponding where the set screw goes, and glue the block in place. That way you can still just use the set screw to attach the wing just like before.
Apr 19, 2018, 10:22 PM
It's time for me to fly
I don't think the screw penetrates the joiner tube Brett. A hard "landing" can cause the wings to slide out even when the screw is snugged down tight. The screw seems a little behind the tube....I'm picturing maybe some sort of clamp that encircles the joiner tube. Maybe something similar to this one-screw wire

https://www.delcity.net/images/photo...20170424182801

I guess the simple answer is tape.
Apr 19, 2018, 11:03 PM
Brett
Yeah, I guess that's right...seems like the screw is ahead of the joiner. If there is a plastic clampy thing in there, you might be able to just use a larger screw and re-tap it. Couldn't hurt to try at this point.
Apr 20, 2018, 05:22 AM
or take the screw out and use a tiny bit of thin ca to see if that'll fix it.
Apr 20, 2018, 10:52 AM
Good plan mopetista with those servos, and congrats on the nice flying maiden.

Great seeing more Ahi's join the fun.
Apr 20, 2018, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZinVT
I don't think the screw penetrates the joiner tube Brett. A hard "landing" can cause the wings to slide out even when the screw is snugged down tight. The screw seems a little behind the tube....I'm picturing maybe some sort of clamp that encircles the joiner tube. Maybe something similar to this one-screw wire

I would guess it's probably more like a wheel collar.
Apr 22, 2018, 11:52 PM
check for reversed controls
Got my KS servo HD47 MG servos from Aloft. They came in 3 days. Now just waiting for the plane. Thanks to the poster OG JGAFthat put up the link these 5.6 g servos look like a good strong quick alternative servo for a sloper.
Apr 23, 2018, 03:04 PM
Fly by grace
If you stripped the wing spar hold plastic clamp, you may use CA to fill the screw hole so it will accept your screw; or use a slightly bigger screw to engage the tap. This type of wing spar mount is friction-fitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZinVT

Quick Reply