Dreamflight Ahi aerobatic glider - Page 120 - RC Groups
Feb 12, 2018, 02:22 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
I finally got a chance to maiden my Ahi yesterday.
What a pleasure to fly. Canít wait to get some more stick time with it.

Dave
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber Bird
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2018, 02:27 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil.Taylor
found this on the vimeo slope soaring group - a swarm of Ahis in Bavaria - looks like fun !

https://vimeo.com/253321954

That does look like fun!

Dave
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber Bird
Feb 16, 2018, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksterr
Hi all,

AHI and servos ordered Wondering what receivers are people are using? I am a Spektrum user and see the carbon canopy. Do I need extended antennas to have them exit past the carbon?

Thanks,

Mike.
Here is my setup for the AHI.

I use a Lemon 6 ch receiver with diversity antennas. One antenna goes straight backwards, the other downwards just in front of the receiver. This way the carbon canopy does not interfere with the RF signal. It is best to have the antennas separated as much as possible and at 90į angle to each other.

The servos I use is Emax ES3352, which is exactly the same as the DF servo, but the cable is longer so there is no need for an extension cable from the aileron servos, when the cables is inserted from the back, and I think this makes the cockpit setup cleaner. In The square opening intended for the wires, I have a magnet switch.

I am not fond of NIMH batteries, they are much too bulky and takes long time to charge, so I made my own battery from two nano-tech 750 mAh LIPO combined into a two cell 7.4v battery. It gives me about 4 hours flying time. I had to remove some foam as it is a bit wider than the NIMH, but it is only about half the length, so the CG is spot on without any ballast. The flying weight is 332 g.

To protect the servos from damage, I made servo covers by vacuum forming 0.5 mm plastic plate.

Regards Bille

Quick Reply