Jun 09, 2017, 11:31 PM
foam is fun, but glass is fast
Thread OP
Discussion

Dreamflight Ahi aerobatic glider

Dreamflight posted this pic on Facebook today! Super excited

Edit; Excellent first flight review on page 8 from surfimp, some good epo painting tips start on page 6, I will try to add relevant videos here as they come in, enjoy

Surfimp video,
Dream Flight Ahi Slope Aerobatics Glider (3 min 0 sec)
Last edited by Redfarren; Jul 14, 2017 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Adding stuff..
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2017, 12:32 AM

Is it a wasabi

Dare I hope that dream flight are making Wasabi's again or is it something new
Jun 10, 2017, 01:32 AM
taste the high speed dirt
Looks sweet that's fur sur!
Jun 10, 2017, 04:15 AM
It's at 12 ounces so I am sure it's much smaller than a wasabi. But it looks like it will be fun aero ship!
Jun 10, 2017, 04:55 AM
Auzzie built planks
I was wondering who was going to start a thread I saw the other pic on insta , very cool indeed
Latest blog entry: More colours
Jun 10, 2017, 11:46 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for the instagram info Tim, I was wondering how the weight was known.
Anyways here is the other pic, for those like me not on insta.
Jun 10, 2017, 12:44 PM
You can also kind of tell it's small by the distance between leading edge and nose . Longer nose for longer boom but I have a feeling it's going to be smaller than libelle and bigger than weasel.
Jun 10, 2017, 01:03 PM
Cute,

Does it look like foam or fiberglass to go along with that Carbon Fiber Canopy???
Jun 10, 2017, 01:42 PM
Thread OP
Its Dreamflight, you can bet it's foam, sure looks like a ribbon spar on top of wing. carbon canopy is probly a sticker.
I haven't seen one but I was thinking about getting some of the my servos so might have to see if I can pick them up at the weasel cave, he was very good at not answering questions with details, lol, I knew it had a tail and was about same wingspan as libelle, that's all I could get out of him at weaselfest.
Jun 10, 2017, 03:19 PM
Suspended Account
Tail looks like mdm-1 fox
Jun 12, 2017, 11:45 AM
Visited Michael two weeks ago and did see it fly in really light wind conditions around 5 or less. Not the ideal condition for an aerobatic glider. But it flew and cruised around nicely.

Construction is like all the other new DF foamies. Really smooth foam finish and huge control surfaces. Gotta love the carbon canopy. I'll need two of these.
Jun 12, 2017, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slope P
Visited Michael two weeks ago and did see it fly in really light wind conditions around 5 or less. Not the ideal condition for an aerobatic glider. But it flew and cruised around nicely.

Construction is like all the other new DF foamies. Really smooth foam finish and huge control surfaces. Gotta love the carbon canopy. I'll need two of these.
How big is it?
Jun 12, 2017, 02:19 PM
Soaring free outside the box
Almost looks like two different models.
Jun 12, 2017, 03:26 PM
Kevin Thomson
Looks like a perfect addition to the dream flight collection and I will definitely add it to my fleet.

Of all the slope soarers I own the weasel is still the best bang for buck when it comes to fun and convenience.

Does anyone know the wingspan?
Jun 12, 2017, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnavarro
How big is it?
It's at 48" I think.

Quick Reply