1930's Salmon Troller - Page 30 - RC Groups
Sep 07, 2017, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvain
Nice work on the door Tim. It looks really good with all the details added!
Thanks Sylvain, as more small parts are added it will look more and more like a fishing boat.

With no plans or directions it is slow going....
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2017, 11:58 PM
Looks good!
Nice work there!
Sep 08, 2017, 03:37 PM

Keep moving

Enough of the house is done to start thinking about the mast and boom.

In studying the pictures we have, it looks like about half the Skippers painted the mast / boom white, the rest are natural wood or dark colors.

The builder of Jeannette chose to paint All the sticks white, this subject will be done with natural wood for the booms and the outriggers will be painted, most likely white...
Last edited by Tim B.; Sep 13, 2017 at 08:50 PM.
Sep 08, 2017, 08:54 PM
jda
jda
Fossil builder
Too many choices! Are you planning to age this one?
Sep 09, 2017, 08:22 PM
lots of water; some of it thin
All that subject matter provides so many interesting details that I imagine it's hard to decide what details you will include. Great job of rescuing an old model.
Sep 12, 2017, 01:08 AM
I'd hardly say it was slow going, this little gem is moving on down that slipway like a dose of salts. Looking good from over here .
Sep 12, 2017, 07:19 PM

The other side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert F
Looking good from over here .
Speaking of "over there", I found a Graupner Saturn on ebay UK, these are long out of production so it was a good deal at about $300.00 shipped.

It had been in a glass case since it was built in '96, it was time for it to go, now it is Here and will be treated well.

The smoke stack goes up and down on counterweights just like the real Tug, an unusual feature is the steering servo is way up front and connects to cables on the deck ( also as the real Tug would have for 1903 ).
Sep 12, 2017, 08:51 PM
Nice looking tug you got there Tim !
Sep 13, 2017, 01:34 AM
Yep nice looking tug indeed, needs some Tim B TLC and weathering touch to make a good model so much better.
Sep 13, 2017, 06:31 AM
Nice find Tim! It looks really good. I use to have a steam tug similar to this one. I kind of miss it a little bit!
Sep 13, 2017, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jda
Too many choices! Are you planning to age this one?
Yessir it will be slightly "weathered" .......
Sep 13, 2017, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Band1
Nice looking tug you got there Tim !
A matter of Luck ~

There are many more Tugs and boat models for sale on ebay UK than there are on this side, it appears there may be many more models being built in England than here...

These are just from the first page !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_...t+launch&rt=nc
Sep 13, 2017, 11:48 AM

Over 100 years old and still working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvain
I use to have a steam tug similar to this one. I kind of miss it a little bit!
Yeah the old European steam Tugs are great, many are well over 100 years old and still going.

Some have been converted to diesel, some for passenger tours under the management of museums but they are still going ( and that's what counts ) .....

Need more models !
Sep 13, 2017, 01:58 PM
Nice model of the Sangsetia (Shamrock) - have built that model but never finished the detail bits. Good hull lines and runs well with 6 volt batteries.
Interesting to see the final bids on some of these.
Sep 13, 2017, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_victoriaBC
Nice model of the Sangsetia (Shamrock) -
Agreed !