Jun 09, 2017, 05:26 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

HELP! needa 90-120 racer and cheap googles for fun flying.

Hi Guys/ Gals, I flew FPV racers about a year ago , but sold my stuff as no one else was flying anymore- my friends don't fly them anymore. I knid of wish i had kept one of them. Really likes the smaller 110-120 size . I had a atom and a falcon 130 and Fatshark attitude V3's- but don't want to spend all that money again.

I want a FUN EASY flying micro and a decent inexpensive set of googles. Been flying rc for 30 years- not a beginner - but not great FPV flyer yet . Just want to have some fun!

My question - with all of the new stuff out in micro size range - what would be a good fun outdoor micro- looking for 90-120 size - complete kit or bind and fly and also an inexpensive set of googles (under 150.00).

I'm not competing just want to fun fly and have fun with it. If i could do it for 250 -300 dollars total for googles and quad that would be great.

I have a Taranis 9xd and a taranis Qx7 -and have plenty of 2 and 3 cell 450 mh batteries and charging equipment.

I have been looking at these:
Lizard
Aurora 100
Baby Hawk

Need help with google selection as well!

Any help much appreciated!
Last edited by Jackspt28; Jun 09, 2017 at 05:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2017, 05:37 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Lizard is nice, as well as the ARFUN 90 and 95. SPC 90S flies well, and the BabyHawk is also a good performer. Aurora 100 is a good performer, but the Aurora series is somewhat plagued by some issues.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jun 09, 2017, 07:44 PM
making crashing a lifestyle!
as solo said, the aurora has some issues: FOD (flip of death) the little thing is just to fast for the flightcontroller.. if you want to do flips on 3S you can be sure to have it flipping out of the air at a certain point. if you just use it for racing it is the best bang for your buck. get the diy kit which comes without cam/vtx (since 25mW is a little low power for the high speeds it can make), without lipo (it isn't a great lipo) and without a led bar. (for fpv you don't need a lightbar. )
it comes with racerstar 7000KV motors who handle 3S without any problems.
another issue with the aurora is the thin base frame, with 1,5 mm and such power it will break an arm when you crash. there are 2mm and 2,5 mm frames sold seperatly. get one or two of these.

for goggles i would recommend a facebox because of the price, the eachine rc-009 are cheap, have diversity receiver and very good image. no dvr or video out though. they can be found for around $50 now with coupons, or just straight luck.. (top tip.. i ordered a lipo for the rc-009 from the official eachine store on aliexpress and they send the whole facebox with battery instead of just the battery. never hurts to try if they make the same mistake twice.. )
Jun 09, 2017, 09:11 PM
Z..
Z..
the cheapo fpv goggle like device i use atm. color is kinda washed out and if using a aio cmos camera might not be the best since not brightness of contrast control and have other cons, but the reception is rather decent with a pagoda on it.
http://www.gearbest.com/other-consum...pp_593464.html
Jun 11, 2017, 10:29 PM
Check out the Rise Vusion house racer, comes with everything you need right out of the box

Quick Reply