Details:

Frequency: 2.4G
Channel: 4ch
Gyro: 6 axis
Battery: 3.7V 900mAh (Included)
Charging time: About 60mins
Flying time: About 10mins
Camera: 2MP 720P wide angle, 0.3MP
Quad's size: 32.5x32.5x6cm ( arms extended )
18x13x6cm ( the arms folded )
Package size: 47x29.5x9cm
Flight weight: 158g

Package Includes:
1 x VISUO XS809HW RC Quadcopter
1 x 3.7V 900MAH Battery
1 x USB Cable
4 x Propeller
1 x User Manual
1 x Transmitter
1 x Screwdriver

i will continue my review in the following days
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2017, 04:46 PM
Thread OP
Here are some quick photos of the quad. I know the photos are not that good will take proper ones soon.

The quad performs very well for the price range and the controller works better than you expect it to.
Jul 28, 2017, 09:16 AM
Thread OP
Continuing with better quality photos :

Name: IMG_8412_.jpg
Views: 36
Size: 173.2 KB
Description: Name: IMG_8422.jpg
Views: 34
Size: 190.4 KB
Description:

Will take the quad outside as soon as the extra batteries arrive.
Last edited by biomecanoid; Jul 28, 2017 at 09:43 AM.
Aug 24, 2017, 07:56 AM
Thread OP
I have received my extra batteries today.

So i wanted to go out and test the quad. First i tried to test inside the house to see if everything was OK.

Sadly i found that the video was lagging tremendously like the quad was in the air hovering and the phone screen would show it being sitting on the ground.

Another bad thing is that i tried recording to and SD card the phone was showing that it was recording and the lights on the quad were blinking but when i connect the SD to the computer the SD came up as unallocated or even worse the computer could not see it at all. I tried 2-3 times and nothing the SD always comes up unallocated and now the computer doesn't see it at all like its dead

On the other hand recording on the phone itself works OK.
Aug 24, 2017, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biomecanoid
I have received my extra batteries today.

So i wanted to go out and test the quad. First i tried to test inside the house to see if everything was OK.

Sadly i found that the video was lagging tremendously like the quad was in the air hovering and the phone screen would show it being sitting on the ground.

Another bad thing is that i tried recording to and SD card the phone was showing that it was recording and the lights on the quad were blinking but when i connect the SD to the computer the SD came up as unallocated or even worse the computer could not see it at all. I tried 2-3 times and nothing the SD always comes up unallocated and now the computer doesn't see it at all like its dead

On the other hand recording on the phone itself works OK.
Maybe you have a lot of wifi interference in the house? Probably a router somewhere or your neighbours?

Format the card in your computer first (FAT32)
Aug 24, 2017, 10:04 AM
Thread OP
What does WiFi interference has to do with the quad corrupting the sd cards ? any card i insert into the quad "dies" and you can not format it you get a "device not ready" or some other similar error.

The SD was originally formatted to FAT32
Aug 24, 2017, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biomecanoid
What does WiFi interference has to do with the quad corrupting the sd cards ? any card i insert into the quad "dies" and you can not format it you get a "device not ready" or some other similar error.

The SD was originally formatted to FAT32
That was an answer to your: "Sadly i found that the video was lagging tremendously like the quad was in the air hovering and the phone screen would show it being sitting on the ground."

Could you try another cardreader? Have you tried formatting the card via a dedicated prog like SDFormatter?
Aug 24, 2017, 10:16 AM
Thread OP
I have tried 2 card readers yes i will also try SDFormatter to see if that makes a difference
Aug 24, 2017, 10:22 AM
Other than something wrong with the cardholder or camera/electronics I'm kinda out of troubleshooting possibilities

My XS809HW works just fine, although I do have weird things going on with filenames and such
Aug 24, 2017, 02:18 PM
Thread OP
After looking for a nice battery to perform a bat mod on the quad i found this :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-7V-1200mAh...sAAOSwdGFY0PMX

Looks promising
Aug 24, 2017, 02:35 PM
Thread OP
And the walkera battery seems to be the exact dimensions on the Visuo battery:

http://www.dx.com/p/3-7v-900mah-25c-...1#.WZ8qMigjHIU

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...ttery&_sacat=0

6.8 cm x 2.6 cm x 0.6 cm
Aug 26, 2017, 03:14 PM
Thread OP
I managed to sort out the problem with the recording, and i have my 1st flying video:

Flight of the Visuo drone (4 min 46 sec)

Note that the video is processed, meaning that i added a bit of saturation and tried to software stabilize the video.
As a side-effect of the stabilization the video is partially zoomed in and the low quality of the video is more evident now

I will also upload the original video for comparison
Last edited by biomecanoid; Aug 26, 2017 at 04:07 PM.
Aug 26, 2017, 06:18 PM
Thread OP
The solution was keep testing SD cards until i found one that the quad liked. I had experience with "grumpy" electronics that didn't work well with some SD cards but none ( up to now ) messed them up.

This quad seems to not work well with all SD cards and in particular it likes SD cards formatted with 64 kilobytes Allocation unit size. Just like crappy MD 80 camera. Also the cards that didn't work on the quad, could not be formatted with 64 kilobytes Allocation unit size.

Now the messed up SD cards seem to work only on an old Windows XP laptop with integrated card reader.

Also for the quad to work properly you have to insert the SD card after you switch on the power. If you have the SD card already inserted into the slot and power up the quad the WiFi access point never comes up.

Weird stuff going on but at least i found a sequence that works
Aug 27, 2017, 05:33 PM
Thread OP
Original video will be available here in about 2 hours:

Flight of the Visuo drone (Original) (0 min 0 sec)
Last edited by biomecanoid; Aug 27, 2017 at 07:28 PM.
Aug 28, 2017, 02:38 AM
IMO that looks better than the processed video.

Quick Reply