Jan 13, 2020, 07:42 AM
hi.
i am searching a model file deviation and devo10 for the x-vert.

thx.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2020, 07:46 AM
hi.
i am searching a model file:

deviation on walkera devo10
for
v-vert

thx.

p. s. i found only files for devo 8 and 12 but they don 't work properly.
Last edited by bodensurrer; Jan 13, 2020 at 10:00 AM.
Jan 15, 2020, 03:22 PM
Hi, Thinking of buying the x-vert simple question please, is it worth it.
Jan 15, 2020, 03:33 PM
BMFA 190658
Simple answer,

Yes!
Jan 15, 2020, 03:36 PM
Thank you. Been gonna buy one of these for the past 12 months and allways been put off after reading about problems setting the x-vert up.
Jan 15, 2020, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbees
Hi, Thinking of buying the x-vert simple question please, is it worth it.
It's not a simple question though. The hover mode only works well either indoors or outside with very little wind, and the lack of throttle control in hover mode can be frustrating. Stability mode for an experienced flyer IMO is useless as it's extremely limiting. ACRO mode is the only way I fly this model even 12-18 mph winds and have a blast doing so as it's extremely manuverable. For me ACRO mode makes it worth it
Jan 15, 2020, 04:12 PM
BMFA 190658
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbees
Thank you. Been gonna buy one of these for the past 12 months and allways been put off after reading about problems setting the x-vert up.
From what I have read the problems setting up the X-vert are mostly to do with using a third party transmitter with a module.

dcrave is quite correct in his, rather more detailed, summary though!

I find it nice to have a plane that I can hover indoors or have a blast flying outdoors in Acro mode.
Yes Stability mode is quite restrictive and it has the turning circle of an Oil Tanker if you don't use differential thrust

I got the nose camera mount too. Yet another avenue of fun to explore!!!

Tony
Jan 15, 2020, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot
From what I have read the problems setting up the X-vert are mostly to do with using a third party transmitter with a module.

dcrave is quite correct in his, rather more detailed, summary though!

I find it nice to have a plane that I can hover indoors or have a blast flying outdoors in Acro mode.
Yes Stability mode is quite restrictive and it has the turning circle of an Oil Tanker if you don't use differential thrust

I got the nose camera mount too. Yet another avenue of fun to explore!!!

Tony
Forward flight in stability mode if you want to turn quickly use rudder (diff thrust) more than aileron and she comes around right smartly.
Jan 20, 2020, 10:44 AM
hi.
so i think nobody has a devo10 file....

ok. i have no problem to fly acro=manual mode., of course this is the normal flight mode. like my old little delta-flyer.

i have two devo10 rc.
and i hate rtf flyers and each if them have other transmitters.

one!! transmitter for all models, flyers, cars, boats i want.
8 transmitters are bulls....

now i will test the x-vert with dxe for crashes and so.

and i ordered now an additional frame and will built it with walkera receiver.

thanks all.
Jan 20, 2020, 01:02 PM
hi.

next problem.

with devo10 the ailleron, rudders, motors, elevator are working, but all not properly and not usable.

with DXe H and original downloaded x-vert file all rudders etc. are working, but NOT the motors. they are never spinning. throttle stick without function.
armed and not armed.
reverse throttle also not working.

any idea?
Jan 20, 2020, 03:50 PM
I don't have specific knowledge of your Devo10 but I think it runs OpenTX? If so, I suspect your problem is simply that 100% in OpenTX is not 100% as expected by a Spektrum receiver.

This difference is handled automatically by the RF board in my Jumper T16 when a DSM protocol is selected but maybe not on your Devo10? A Spektrum system will not arm if it does not see what it expects as 0% on the throttle and/or 0 / 100% on any switch channels, so you may have to change the mixes to something like 84% unless your RF board does the conversion for you.

Also....... since the X-Vert must see exactly 0% throttle (-100% in OpenTX) before it can be armed, if you are using a throttle cut that sends less than -100% to stop the motors, you cannot arm unless you release the throttle cut.

Trust me, it DOES work. You just need to figure out what is preventing yours from arming. My suspicion is that your "100%" is not what the Spektrum based X-Vert is expecting.

Paul
Last edited by pgoelz; Jan 20, 2020 at 03:59 PM.
Feb 02, 2020, 07:56 AM

Servo Question

Hi there. Quite new to this so pardon me if this sounds dumb

I stripped a Servo on my Xvert VTOL - 4g SPMSA220

Can I replace this with any 4 gram servo, or will that board only accept the Spectrum servo. Cos the guy I bought it from imported it and I can't get that servo in my country.

Thanks.
Feb 03, 2020, 04:26 PM
it would need to have the same rotation direction, or be physically mounted reversed, would also need to have the same non standard connector to plug into the flight control board.
Feb 03, 2020, 04:32 PM
Always trying to learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by huw1966
Hi there. Quite new to this so pardon me if this sounds dumb

I stripped a Servo on my Xvert VTOL - 4g SPMSA220

Can I replace this with any 4 gram servo, or will that board only accept the Spectrum servo. Cos the guy I bought it from imported it and I can't get that servo in my country.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatGSR
it would need to have the same rotation direction, or be physically mounted reversed, would also need to have the same non standard connector to plug into the flight control board.
+1 You could obviously re-use the connector off of the original servo if you are comfortable soldering. Pay attention to the wiring order however. Some of the small Horizon boards/servos use a non-standard wiring convention, signal and power are swapped iirc. I don't remember off of the top of my head if the X-vert board/servos are like that or not.
Feb 19, 2020, 04:42 PM
Johninarky
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejmea
+1 You could obviously re-use the connector off of the original servo if you are comfortable soldering. Pay attention to the wiring order however. Some of the small Horizon boards/servos use a non-standard wiring convention, signal and power are swapped iirc. I don't remember off of the top of my head if the X-vert board/servos are like that or not.
I tried binding with a Jumper T16 Pro with Open Tx 2.3.4 and the latest multimodule release.
The ailerons started flapping like a wounded duck, I thought they were going to come off.
I then tried with my Taranis X9D+ with the same Tx firmware and a IRx4 external module.
Both transmitters had identical model setups. It bound fine.
Can't figure that one out.
John

Quick Reply