This thread is privately moderated by neonext FPV, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 06, 2017, 03:53 PM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Review of Racerstar Labs 28A 28amp 2-5S Dshot600 Ready ESC BLHeli_S 16.5 BB2 Supports

Racerstar Labs 28A 28amp 2-5S Dshot600 Ready ESC BLHeli_S 16.5 BB2 Supports Dshot300 Dshot150

GRAB YOURS ON Banggood.com !!!!

After a small delay package I received brand new Racerstar Labs 28A 28amp 2-5S from Banggood.com .

If we consider the price compared to other brands these little ESC from RACERSTAR offer superior technical
specifications. What I like most with these ESCs is dimensions and weight . They weight only 2g without wires
and they have ultra small dimensions ( 25,79 x 14,76 x 1,96 )

They come very well packed , each ESC and shrink tube are individually packed into electrostatic bag .

If you look at the board and components you'll be impressed , they are solider nicely and all
component are on their place.

For this tiny ESC 40A burst and 5S compatibility is amazing. They come with nice silicone separate wires
packed into bag, and with stickers for ESC. Nice thing is also that they run Dshot out of the box.
If you consider price ( only 34,99$ ) this little ESC give excellent features :
  • Supported Protocols: Analog Signals - MULTISHOT, ONESHOT42, ONESHOT125 /
  • Digital Signals - DSHOT150, 300, 600
  • Imported Japanese Toshiba MOSFETs and Japanese Murata Ceramic Capacitors
  • 3oz High-TG PCB board: Reduces Heat Soak and improves system efficiency
  • Silicone Signal and Power Wires provides high heat-resistance and flexibility
  • Ultra-Small / Ultra-Light footprint

PROS
Work current: 28A MAX 40A
Imported Japanese Toshiba MOSFETs and Japanese Murata Ceramic Capacitors
Weight only 2g and small dimensions
Digital Signals - DSHOT150, 300, 600

CONS
- So far none , I will write my conclusions after test flight

What I get in package :

• 4 x Labs 28A 2-5S ESC BLHeli_S
  • 4 x Shrink wrap
  • 4 x ESC Stickers
  • 4 x ESC signal wires
  • Silicon wires
  • Manual instruction
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2017, 08:10 PM
I agree man, super impressed w these, my motors sound totally diff with these ESCs. so smooth.
Jul 03, 2017, 05:44 PM

Calibration issues

Has anyone experienced calibration issues with these? I've updated the firmware to 16.6 and after that I can't get it to calibrate... reversing back to 16.5 firmware didn't help. I've tried calibration through blheli software and cleanflight - same result, after entering calibration mode with full throttle it doesn't exit the mode when the throttle is reduced to min. Can't get my motors to spin now. Every time I plug in the battery it sounds like it goes to calibration mode. Never had anything like that before with other ESCs.
Jul 06, 2017, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_dmitri
Has anyone experienced calibration issues with these? I've updated the firmware to 16.6 and after that I can't get it to calibrate... reversing back to 16.5 firmware didn't help. I've tried calibration through blheli software and cleanflight - same result, after entering calibration mode with full throttle it doesn't exit the mode when the throttle is reduced to min. Can't get my motors to spin now. Every time I plug in the battery it sounds like it goes to calibration mode. Never had anything like that before with other ESCs.
i've run into the same problem. was working fine with the stock 16.5 firmware, then i updatded to 16.6. and now the motors wont spin. so i downgraded back to 16.5 and still they will not spin. i also tried 16.66, still not working
Jul 16, 2017, 11:16 AM
CX20 owner
Any info did you manage to calibrate the ESCs?
Aug 01, 2017, 02:54 AM
Thread OP
Realacc X210 | Racerstar Labs 28A DS600 | Racerstar BR2305S (2 min 33 sec)
May 17, 2019, 11:38 AM
short question: will they blow up at 6S? Or will the esc survive on 6S with lets say max. amp [email protected]? cheers!

Quick Reply