This thread is privately moderated by nigelsheffield, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 05, 2017, 05:30 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Boldclash Bwhoop b05 frame and brushless 0703 motors initial review

Boldclash b05 frame and 0703 motors arrived!
Just unboxed this tiny little frame and brushless motors and am impressed how small and well made it all is.
I'm going to build a tinyfish type tiny lightest brushless quadcopter based on Simon fishpepper great design and this is a good price from a reputable company who give credit to Simon for his awesome design.
I will be doing a build blog separately but will link over but for now here are some pictures of the parts included with some weights which are unbelievable light!
Bought from here
Frame
https://www.boldclash.com/boldclash-...frame-kit.html

Motors
https://www.boldclash.com/boldclash-...ess-motor.html

Name: IMG_20170605_110125.jpg
Views: 133
Size: 739.5 KB
Description: Name: IMG_20170605_110657.jpg
Views: 120
Size: 576.0 KB
Description: Name: IMG_20170605_110742.jpg
Views: 116
Size: 777.5 KB
Description: Name: IMG_20170605_110831.jpg
Views: 74
Size: 715.8 KB
Description: Name: IMG_20170605_110909.jpg
Views: 61
Size: 546.0 KB
Description: Name: IMG_20170605_105932.jpg
Views: 79
Size: 682.0 KB
Description: Name: IMG_20170605_105839.jpg
Views: 59
Size: 812.9 KB
Description: Name: IMG_20170605_110303.jpg
Views: 66
Size: 684.9 KB
Description: Name: IMG_20170605_110458.jpg
Views: 47
Size: 775.9 KB
Description:

Everything was well packed and protected , nice boxes etc..
More importantly it is all nicely finished , no rough edges on anything , the main frame seems strong and light at only 1.6 grams!
The prop guard frame work brings it up to 3 grams but will be used indoors and can be removed easily enough without having to undo any screws or remove motors, prop guard feels flimsy but it is carbon and very thin, I guess it will be strong enough to take indoors knocks and the who!e quad will probably weigh a touch over 30 grams with camera so won't be much stress on the frame anyway in a crash.
Everything dry fitted together perfectly so I don't think the build will be at all difficult.

The motors look well made and turn smoothly , I ran one on a text ESC and was very quite and smooth and fast, no vibrations at all that I could feel.
I went for the 1500kv version because that is what is included in boldclash b05 https://www.boldclash.com/boldclash-...fpv-drone.html ready built version and I've seen YouTube video showing fly with plenty of power ..

Warning these motors need lots of power and a good battery is important , I used this
http://www.boldclash.com/p/boldclash...attery-37.html
350mah and high 25c rated and it is good. My other batteries could not supply enough amps and hold voltage high enough for it to work properly.
In conclusion I defo recommend this either as spares for the b05 or just if like me you want to build it yourself and choose different options like camera or flight controller etc etc.

I am very excited about this one, it will be a true indoor brushless but hopefully with plenty of power still for outside ripping and racing.
I will be pairing it with this FC and 4in1 ESC https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...from-boldclash
Last edited by nigelsheffield; Jul 09, 2017 at 06:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2017, 09:51 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Man those motors are tiny! This should be an awesome build!
Latest blog entry: VTOL Guillows Piper Cub
Jun 05, 2017, 10:15 AM
Thread OP
Yes those motors are crazy small, I am pretty sure they are the smallest brushless motor you can buy at the moment.
They make the 1103 motors look big!
I've mounted a couple of motors on the frame and they fitted nicely, bolts area little long so I found some smaller ones just to be safe, but they would probably be ok, just a little close to the windings for my liking, on a thicker frame they would be fine, or maybe with washers for soft mounting they would good.
I will see if there is any jello on the video when it's built and flying and if there is I will think about some soft washers but not sure where to get some this small..
Latest blog entry: Eachine E160 3d helicopter
Jun 05, 2017, 12:00 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
I am amazed at how small some of these brushless motors are getting. I remember when I thought 1104's were tiny lol
Jun 05, 2017, 12:09 PM
Thread OP
Yeah, just when I think it can't get any smaller ..... IT DOES lol.!
But this must be getting to the limit surely?!?!?
To make them any smaller would need some seriously small workers lol!
Or a shrinking machine, wasn't there a film or two made about that?
Jun 05, 2017, 12:10 PM
Thread OP
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hpepper-design
Made a start, blogging as I go slows me down a bit but should be interesting for others hopefully.
Jun 06, 2017, 02:17 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Indeed I would think that we must be getting close to the limit, but then again I thought that in the past, and look where we are now. Maybe they are already working on that shrinking machine
Jun 06, 2017, 04:19 PM
Thread OP
Yeah, I'm sure we will see smaller yet...
Imagine the fun we could have with fpv flies , spiders , etc!
Jun 06, 2017, 10:06 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Scary! Is that your FPV fly buzzing around my living room?
Jun 07, 2017, 01:38 AM
Thread OP
Yes, I have it connected over the mobile phone network and or your WiFi which it hacked into and it recharges itself via all the RF noise and/or tiny solar panels or inductance from a power socket or maybe it will just sit on your wireless recharging station .....
Now THATS scarey and probably going to be a reality sometime if it's not already secretly being done my spies etc!

But just a RC fly with fpv would great fun!
Never mind flying under the chairs and tables for a challenge , you could fly through the letterbox or even keyholes!
Jul 09, 2017, 12:00 PM
Thread OP
9 July 2017 (2 min 0 sec)
Nov 21, 2017, 09:30 AM
What size props are you using with the 0703 motors? I currently built the same setup but with a 66mm Rekon Heli frame with 31mm ducts and props. It has little power, but I am using 255mah batteries and wonder if stepping up to the 350 would help. Was also thinking maybe the props are to small for the motor setup and I should go with 40mm props. Any help would be appreciated.
Nov 21, 2017, 10:02 AM
Thread OP
The 3 bladed props are about 22mm from centre to tip so yes, bigger than your using , I think they could probably turn a slightly bigger prop , maybe a 2 bladed with no ducts would give better performance ...
But weight is key too here, my build weighs only 18g and fly's great with lots of punch, I have the same motors in a ducted frame ( boldclash b06 ) and it's not as good for power but it's heavier and ducted so perchance suffers , though it is carrying a camera and completely protects everything from crashes so a price worth paying.
Some video of it here.
Bwhoop b06 boldclash: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...N8Du2g4pGGLK1B
Nov 21, 2017, 10:04 AM
Thread OP
Oh and regards the battery , if your build is heavy than the bigger battery does help along with the bigger props , if it's light like my 18g one it can actually fly pretty well on 150mah even...

Quick Reply