Jun 04, 2017, 01:08 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Older Pick up truck vs. Newer Pick up truck.......Head on at 6o mph .

Results in "safety test" showed this would probably be the result...............this "real test" sadly verified the most likely results .

http://www.wkdzradio.com/Trigg-Wreck...Media/23086487
Jun 04, 2017, 01:13 PM
One of the reasons I like my full sized Tahoe.
Jun 04, 2017, 01:30 PM
Thread OP
snagged this from a f150 site................if your driving a 20 plus year old machine............might want to move up 10 years or so .

"What year were airbags standard equipment?
If you want to check on any other vehicals try www.edmunds.com
that's edmunds blue book site, go to used truck pricing, pick the year, make, and model and they will give you a run down of the new features added in that year vehical. `92 was the re-design of the front end on the 150's I believe, and `94 was airbags, in rangers most of the `94's I've seen do not have airbags, but the `95's do. My `95 150 has a drivers air bag only "
Jun 04, 2017, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyboy2
Results in "safety test" showed this would probably be the result...............this "real test" sadly verified the most likely results .

http://www.wkdzradio.com/Trigg-Wreck...Media/23086487
That Ford's not old enough. If it doesn't have a metal dash, it's not a truck
Jun 04, 2017, 05:48 PM
Don't look at me like that....
My son was in his 2005 F-150 when another kid ran a stop sign in a 2015 Avalanche , they locked front right and front left bumpers. Spun my sons truck a complete circle. It took off the entire front cap of the Avalanche , my son drove his truck home.
Jun 04, 2017, 05:59 PM
Keep 'em Flying
And an F-350 is a tank.
Jun 04, 2017, 06:07 PM
Orange Lives Matter!
I'm at 18 years on mine. It's got airbags and it a 3/4 ton. It will fold an older 150.
Jun 04, 2017, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyboy2
"What year were airbags standard equipment?
My `95 150 has a drivers air bag only "
All airbags do is keep your vital bits--like your head-- from smacking some part of your own cars interior.
If you're strapped in well, they don't offer much additional protection. You can browse thru the internet and check this out.
If you have multiple impacts, they help even less.
The big safety improvement in cars is that the passenger structure or other interior bits, doesn't collapse in on you and poke you full of holes---as long as your seatbelt and shoulder harness used.
Jun 04, 2017, 06:25 PM
B A bay B E be B I bicky bi
My '89 F-150, t-boned by a car doing at least 50 according to the police, they never hit the brakes. My 3 friends with me survived.
Last edited by micro_builder; Jun 04, 2017 at 09:51 PM. Reason: I obviously survived lol
Jun 04, 2017, 07:55 PM
Сделем Америку Великой Снова
^Ouch. Glad you all lived, looks like some pain must have been experienced, though.
Jun 04, 2017, 08:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by micro_builder
My '89 F-150, t-boned by a car doing at least 50 according to the police, they never hit the brakes. My 3 friends and I survived.
wow !..........what hit you ?..................how did the other people make out ?
Jun 04, 2017, 08:40 PM
Keep 'em Flying
Looks like the frame took most of the impact. He said a car hit him. A car sits lower, so the impact will be lower.
Jun 04, 2017, 09:15 PM
We definitely got lucky. I was driving, had a girl next to me and one friend on the passenger side and one more in the back seat, I was the only one wearing a seatbelt...the doctors and cops said that if my friend in the passenger side had been wearing his, he'd probably have died, but he did spend a few weeks in the hospital. The other two were somehow fairly unscathed, I had some internal bruising and a fairly severe concussion.

Dont remember the injuries from the other cars occupants, but they did survive, they were underage and didnt even have a license. This was back when I was in highschool and I still dont remember several hours before or after the accident, just woke up in the hospital with no clue why I was there. Frankly, I'm glad I dont remember any of it, also glad I wasnt driving my little Acura that day.
Jun 04, 2017, 09:52 PM
I would say the likelihood of fire has not been reduced in newer vehicles. Hybrids and EV are definitely more of a fire risk.
Jun 04, 2017, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robogizzard
I would say the likelihood of fire has not been reduced in newer vehicles. Hybrids and EV are definitely more of a fire risk.
Many MINI Cooper S cars had a recall for the aux electric water pump, as it would fail and possibly catch fire, then another recall for the turbo oil feed line failing, and possibly catching on fire.

Quick Reply