I think I found a bug in A9X programmable mix menu - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 04, 2017, 11:12 AM
Question

I think I found a bug in A9X programmable mix menu

After spending hours tonight trying to get a mix working on my A9X, I've come to the conclusion there is a bug in the firmware.

I have an aircraft stabilizer with a remote gain channel. I have set 2 flight modes. The mix is flat (disabled) in normal mode. I'm not using a switch to enable either mix.

In stabilized mode I want to mix the throttle with the gain channel to reduce the gain by about 30% at full throttle. I also want to mix another channel, operated with the RT trim switch to provide an offset that I can adjust in flight. I have used this method before on my old A9 and it works really well.

So I have...

THRO (J3, CH3) -> AUX1 (NULL, CH6) 30% downward slope, linear, offset to the top of the graph.
AUX4 (RT, CH9) -> AUX1 (NULL, CH6) 100% upward slope, linear.

Everything works great until I power down. When I power back up, the AUX4->AUX1 mix wont work. If I go into the mix menu and fiddle with it by adding or removing points on the line, or disabling / re-enabling a channel or input function, or deleting it and starting over I can get it to work again.

It would be good if someone else could try and replicate this. I think its time for a firmware update...
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2017, 10:40 AM
Sorry for the late response, I duplicated your mixes on a 9X here and was not able to duplicate the problem you are seeing, they have worked every time. I think the particular issue you are seeing is maybe there is something else enabled in that particular model memory that is causing a problem. My suggestion is to create a new model entirely and create the mixes inside of the new model to test- DO NOT COPY, you risk copying the problem into the new model.

Also make sure your Tx is updated to V 1.02(2).