Jun 26, 2020, 11:11 AM
I received my HSP Fury Ace buggy the other week that I purchased on eBay for around $240AU and I think its an absolute blast, its similar to the xstar but has a couple improvements like thicker shock tower and centre brace plates and colour coded throughout. Just ran it on a 2400mah 2s lipo so far but i think its going to fly along when i try out a 3s in it. Is there any specific problems with this model that i should be aware of? here is a video of mine
HSP FURY ACE BUGGY - 1ST TEST DRIVE ON 2S LIPO (12 min 24 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2020, 01:04 PM
rc user
get metal wheel hexes and knuckles if your model is not equipped. also get bearings for your hubs if you have sleeves. also metal pinion if you have plastic.
at your price point these upgrades may already be there. IMO don't get metal arms.
a fan on the motor is nice too.
you will eventually need a better steering servo.
front and rear bumpers will help the car live longer.
3S will help it die sooner.
Nov 28, 2020, 10:11 AM
WOW, no activity since June!! Anybody try 17mm hexes and wheels/ tires on theirs? WLtoys has come out with a 124018 buggy that everybody and his brother is reviewing. My guess is they want to sell a lot of them for Christmas and getting it out there will entice sales. My view is that by the time the speed hounds change all electronics and upgrade to brushless, they might as well buy one of these all ready done. In the US, RedCat parts are easy to get, unlike parts that have to come by a slow boat from China.
Nov 28, 2020, 12:15 PM
rc user
I run my HSP buggy once in a while but these days enjoy the Slash more for bashing and running in the street. I basically just let the neighbor kid play with the HSP, even he gets bored with it after a while

larger wheels, especially 1/8 scale stuff will just make this short wheelbase car flip over easier. not worth it.

what's with the WL 124018? it's 1/12 scale, doesn't look anything like the HSP. i don't see the connection or attraction.

really the best car is one that is semi durable and you can get parts for in your area.
Dec 03, 2020, 04:14 PM
I have a Slash 4x4 made into a buggy = a backslash.
Jan 02, 2021, 12:18 AM
Ran mine today. Still wicked fast and tons of fun. But with great speed comes great destruction. I managed to break a steering piece as well as severely bend a dog bone and a lower arm pin.

I had almost all the spares to put it back together. Ordered the bits I needed and they should be here in a few days.

I sill have the Rockslide body and the bigger wheels. It’s a better basher in this configuration for the way I crash..,er, umm...I mean “drive “.

Jan 02, 2021, 12:19 AM
rc user
are you running 3S?
Jan 02, 2021, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
are you running 3S?
This thing is crazy fast on 2s. I can't imagine trying 3s and not breaking everything!
Jan 02, 2021, 05:47 AM
With those wheels and tires do you have enough ground clearance to run on grass? I ask because the monster truck version, the RedCat Volcano, has more clearance than the stock Tornado. I've looked at the Blackout for the same reason, but it seems to have its own issues.
Jan 02, 2021, 02:40 PM
Runs on grass just fine.
Jan 02, 2021, 06:57 PM
rc user
my friend's redcat tornado on the stock buggy wheels got stuck in grass all the time. those lockups look taller, should do better.
the taller tires also change the effective gear ratio, will feel faster on 2S with those big wheels.
our stock tire tornado was fast on 2S even with the small tires, was out of control on 3S. he ran 3S a few times with SCT wheels/tires, didn't take long to lose control and destroy it.
Jan 16, 2021, 10:03 AM
I just purchased a broken hsp xstr pro used off eBay. I already have one buggy but would like to turn the new one into a monster truck. Just wanted to know what parts I would need to do the conversion. Having read this post from the start it seems the chassis is the same as the buggy
Jan 16, 2021, 10:10 AM
Also what size wheels would be best to get. Thanks in advance
Jan 17, 2021, 06:49 AM
This is the Volcano EXP Pro manual. You can get started there.

https://dealer.redcatracing.com/manu...XPROMANUAL.pdf
Aug 17, 2022, 05:09 PM
Hello.

I just bought an HSP XSTR PRO brushless version.

Is there any must upgrade that I need to do to this car?

Are aluminium hubs with bearings a must?

Quick Reply