VISUO XS809HW WIFI FPV With Wide Angle HD Camera High Hold Mode Foldable Arm RC Quadc - Page 4 - RC Groups
Jul 12, 2017, 11:30 AM
Took my XS809HW out for a walk:

Aerial footage with Visuo XS809HW (2 min 3 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2017, 11:40 AM
I have a degree in crashing!
Now to add a Runcam Split to it
Jul 12, 2017, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLimitRC
Now to add a Runcam Split to it
Later I'll try a SQ11, Mate808 or a Mobius Mini
Jul 14, 2017, 01:59 AM

charging with Lipo charger over USB

Easy to modify the battery to charge over the microUSB with regular Lipo charger
Just to bypass the diode on the small PCB of battery.
Jul 18, 2017, 06:16 PM
Hey guys, just received my Visuo and have been following closely this thread lately. Just wanted to add something to the thread:

There's a simple modification that can be done in order to increase the Tx range by simply drilling a small 2mm hole on the hull and bringing the FC antenna outside the drone. Haven't had the chance to test the increase on the range (although in other equipments it's quite significant).

Another modification i've seen on youtube, is soldering connector cables to the battery circuit board and using any 1S spare battery strapped outside the quadcopter:
Visuo Drone Battery Mod - To hot outside to fly (4 min 18 sec)
(turn down the volume, the music is annoying af)

I've also been closely looking at the wifi module + fpv camera and think there's room for an upgrade, just not sure if possible and worthwhile.
Jul 18, 2017, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt9
Easy to modify the battery to charge over the microUSB with regular Lipo charger
Just to bypass the diode on the small PCB of battery.
Was there a decrease on the charging time? How much?
Jul 18, 2017, 11:04 PM
GOT WINGS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsuey
Hey guys, just received my Visuo and have been following closely this thread lately. Just wanted to add something to the thread:

There's a simple modification that can be done in order to increase the Tx range by simply drilling a small 2mm hole on the hull and bringing the FC antenna outside the drone. Haven't had the chance to test the increase on the range (although in other equipments it's quite significant).

Another modification i've seen on youtube, is soldering connector cables to the battery circuit board and using any 1S spare battery strapped outside the quadcopter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kV98qmm1-U&t=141s (turn down the volume, the music is annoying af)

I've also been closely looking at the wifi module + fpv camera and think there's room for an upgrade, just not sure if possible and worthwhile.
The antenna mod is fairly common knowledge to those on these threads for a while. I do it to almost all of my quads.
In post #3 I have a picture showing a JST plug and wire soldered on and added to use other batteries, but I happened to have batteries that would fit into the battery bay, so I didn't have to strap them on.
Jul 19, 2017, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
The antenna mod is fairly common knowledge to those on these threads for a while. I do it to almost all of my quads.
In post #3 I have a picture showing a JST plug and wire soldered on and added to use other batteries, but I happened to have batteries that would fit into the battery bay, so I didn't have to strap them on.
My bad :x
Maybe it can be usefull if any visuo owner passes by and doesn't know about it.
Jul 19, 2017, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsuey
Was there a decrease on the charging time? How much?
How much time does the stock charger take to charge? I removed the PCB from the stock 900mAh lipo and replaced it with jst connectors, I can charge it now in an hour (1C) probably could charge twice as fast but better not stress the lipo that much.
Jul 19, 2017, 10:08 AM
Quote:
How much time does the stock charger take to charge? I removed the PCB from the stock 900mAh lipo and replaced it with jst connectors, I can charge it now in an hour (1C) probably could charge twice as fast but better not stress the lipo that much.
I haven't really timed it but it takes at least one hour using the stock charger on my PC
Jul 19, 2017, 12:50 PM
Quote:
"Discharged" battery on a stock charger takes around 2 hours.
Jul 20, 2017, 04:33 AM

charging time

With the USB charger I didn't reached 4.2V. But I will check now exactly the time to be sure as I am charging currently . As at the moment after 50min I have 4.1V and charger starts to decrease current from 1C.

Update: from 3.6v to 4.2v in 59min with 1C
Last edited by hunt9; Jul 20, 2017 at 05:31 AM.
Jul 24, 2017, 10:27 PM
Hello, could you please advice me on how you fixed your device. I am having the exact same problem. Thanks
Jul 25, 2017, 12:37 PM
Quote:
I just got this and it does not seem to be charging, whenever I connect the provided micro usb cable the red light blinks for just a milisecond. Even after a few hours with other micro usb chargers the flight time is like 30 seconds. Any ideas?
COuld you please help me out, I have the same problem. How did you fix it? Thanks
Jul 25, 2017, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkf1
COuld you please help me out, I have the same problem. How did you fix it? Thanks
Mine had the Micro USB port ripped off, you can notice the usb port freely moving, remove the 4 screws on the battery to check if that is the case, if not maybe it is just your USB Cable and or Charger.

If it is broken you will have to either replace the micro USB port or solder new JST leads onto the main PCB (highly recommend as you can use other batteries), you will also have to cut off the circuit board on the battery and solder on new jst leads. Watch out for polarity and heat when soldering the lipos.