VISUO XS809HW WIFI FPV With Wide Angle HD Camera High Hold Mode Foldable Arm RC Quadc - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jul 04, 2017, 08:10 AM
Drone Collector
Nice review SF

Looks an interesting bird.

Hope all ok.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 04, 2017, 09:44 AM
Just back from my first flight with my XS809HW; gone thu the one battery in what seemed seconds, but after counting up all the videos, it amounted to about 9 mins which isn't bad.

I wasted a lot of time on a huge drift, which I realised later probably originated from an unintended bad gyro reset (uneven ground) while trying to arm but doing a gyro reset instead.

Flying was okay (very little wind), but had the quad loosing height twice without my input.

I kinda like the colors and FOV of the camera, but the framerate was pretty low, 10-20 fps according to MPC-HC with here and there BIG jumps which is strange because it's recording directly onto the onboard card
Jul 04, 2017, 11:12 AM
GOT WINGS
Hey BR, long time no here or there.
Hope you are doing okay, we are fine here. Been getting more quads to review. Noticed your name on one of the review lists. Don't be stranger, or is that don't be a stranger.

Pixelpeter, the camera is not great, but it is adequate I guess. Or did mine even work on this one? Don't really remember. I did like the quad, but mine had a glitch that caused it to drift backwards, and the longer I flew it, the worse it got. After trying several fixes, I basically gave up on it. Hope yours does better.
Jul 04, 2017, 12:15 PM
Drone Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
Hope you are doing okay, we are fine here. Been getting more quads to review. Noticed your name on one of the review lists. Don't be stranger, or is that don't be a stranger.
Yo SF!,

Yup!, been hear, there and everywhere. I couldn't possibly be stranger though.

on future reviews. glad all ok.
Jul 04, 2017, 12:33 PM
Quote:

Pixelpeter, the camera is not great, but it is adequate I guess. Or did mine even work on this one? Don't really remember. I did like the quad, but mine had a glitch that caused it to drift backwards, and the longer I flew it, the worse it got. After trying several fixes, I basically gave up on it. Hope yours does better.
Did you try to calibrate the gyros on an angle to counter the drift?

The camera is also influenced by a lot by sky; today it was overcast here, and with the camera pointing straight forwards the exposure was simply too dark; turning the lens more down did a lot of good, except for the distortion. I guess with the sun out, exposure will be (much) better.

BTW: somehow images do wind up on my phone, but videos don't.
Jul 04, 2017, 02:03 PM
GOT WINGS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Did you try to calibrate the gyros on an angle to counter the drift?

The camera is also influenced by a lot by sky; today it was overcast here, and with the camera pointing straight forwards the exposure was simply too dark; turning the lens more down did a lot of good, except for the distortion. I guess with the sun out, exposure will be (much) better.

BTW: somehow images do wind up on my phone, but videos don't.
I actually did try calibrating with the gyros on angle, no help.
Jul 04, 2017, 03:05 PM
Hi all! I'm Morris

I only ordered it on Monday
According to the manual or in your opinion, what is the maximum size of micro sd?
Do you think I could mount a 64gb?

Regards, Morris
Jul 04, 2017, 04:49 PM
Quote:
I actually did try calibrating with the gyros on angle, no help.
Just had another flight this evening, totally windless. Was able to reset the gyros in the middle of a tarmac road but it still had quite a bit a drift again. Needed a lot of trimming to make it hover, but after some slow flying around it seemed to shift around

Without wind, the video looked pretty good.
Jul 04, 2017, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitzunegari
Hi all! I'm Morris

I only ordered it on Monday
According to the manual or in your opinion, what is the maximum size of micro sd?
Do you think I could mount a 64gb?

Regards, Morris
Why would you want to use such a big and expensive card in a cheap and simple quad like this? Files aren't that big and it's safer to transfer your files to your computer on a regular base.
Jul 05, 2017, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Why would you want to use such a big and expensive card in a cheap and simple quad like this? Files aren't that big and it's safer to transfer your files to your computer on a regular base.
My SD card isn't expensive, I've just this 64gb
size available.. I would avoid to buy another one
Jul 06, 2017, 02:49 AM
I have a degree in crashing!
Has anyone been able to fly this with deviation or the irx4 module?
Jul 06, 2017, 09:27 AM
GOT WINGS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLimitRC
Has anyone been able to fly this with deviation or the irx4 module?
I have not and I have not read of anyone else doing it.
Jul 10, 2017, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLimitRC
Not that I know of, the spare OEM style 900mAh lipos cost ~10$.

I found this on banggood,

Siriusflier has done something similar^
Quote:
Yes, I did something similar. I left the original battery connector inside the battery bay intact and just added a red JST connector with a long wire so I could have the JST plug on the outside in the back. Then I could connect any JST battery that would fit into the battery bay.
See post #3.
Sorry for the late response, i am having problems with my internet connection.

Thanks for that, i will buy those parts. I am still waiting on it to arrive and i am reading a lot of people saying that it drifts a lot, especially in any sort of breeze.
I was hoping to take this to a windy-ish area, i think i will forget that now. I doubt a weight of any description would help.
Jul 12, 2017, 10:52 AM
My drone arrived today, and it seems faulty.

When i press "Take Off" it just flips over. So i picked it up and held it in my hand. The front right and back left propellers do not spin.

If i tilt the drone slightly one of them will start to spin, if i tilt the other way, the other will start to spin, and if i hold the drone at the right angle, all 4 will spin.

But i cannot fly it.
Is this something i could fix without having to buy any spare parts, or is it faulty, and should i notify Tomtop?
Jul 12, 2017, 11:14 AM
GOT WINGS
Hard to be sure from your description. Sometimes a quad will flip over if the props are not in the right places. Compare yours to a good picture of this quad, the leading edge when a prop is spinning is the higher edge. Also try putting the quad on a completely level surface as soon as you plug it in and turn it on, then do the calibration procedure. If it continues to act the same way, tomtop will probably want to see a video of the problem. If you could post a video of what it is doing here, that might help us to see what the problem is.