VISUO XS809HW WIFI FPV With Wide Angle HD Camera High Hold Mode Foldable Arm RC Quadc - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jun 18, 2017, 10:48 AM
Almost sounds like they've forgotten a wire or two in your copy
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2017, 11:39 PM
aka RCFlyer85
Here's my review
VISUO XS809HW - Review (9 min 42 sec)
Jun 20, 2017, 06:46 AM
Footage from your copy (once you got it recording) looks pretty good, and not much jello as far as I could see
Jun 20, 2017, 02:12 PM
aka RCFlyer85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Footage from your copy (once you got it recording) looks pretty good, and not much jello as far as I could see
Yeah I kinda started and stopped it without knowing lol. It's not the worst jello but it's definitely there
Jun 22, 2017, 08:19 AM
I have one from TomTop... they sent me the lower version, without the ALT Hold, maybe bcos I used a coupon? In either case, it was only wrapped in a plastic bag, the camera had a pin sheared off. The unit drops from the sky like a shot duck at random, 3-4 meters full battery. Not sure if it's the controller or quad. Just left it in the packaging - let PayPal handle it now :-)

What I really like in this class is the SONGYANG SY - X33 Folding Drone - fly with no guards or landing struts - just too much fun!
Last edited by myystik; Jun 22, 2017 at 08:29 AM.
Jun 25, 2017, 02:05 AM

2204?

siriusflier, do you think XS809 has enough space to swap in a decent FC + micro receiver ( FS-RX2A)?
my 809 is on it way and my intention is to change to 2204 motors (maybe some 3d printed adapters for larger motors), ~2000 battery so that it can fly with a GoPro comfortably.
i would also try to add in a gps and check how stable can 809 fly.
any ideas?
Jun 25, 2017, 07:40 AM
GOT WINGS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivc
siriusflier, do you think XS809 has enough space to swap in a decent FC + micro receiver ( FS-RX2A)?
my 809 is on it way and my intention is to change to 2204 motors (maybe some 3d printed adapters for larger motors), ~2000 battery so that it can fly with a GoPro comfortably.
i would also try to add in a gps and check how stable can 809 fly.
any ideas?
There is probably room for a different receiver.
If you want GPS quad that will carry a go pro, get this: https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Pio...070760201208BW . there is a 20% off coupon a little way down the page. Only comes in mode 1, but shouldn't be hard to change to tx mode 2. would be less work than converting the XS809.
Jul 02, 2017, 07:13 PM
I have a degree in crashing!
I just got this and it does not seem to be charging, whenever I connect the provided micro usb cable the red light blinks for just a milisecond. Even after a few hours with other micro usb chargers the flight time is like 30 seconds. Any ideas?
Jul 02, 2017, 07:26 PM
GOT WINGS
It is possible that the battery is no good. Do you have a voltmeter to check the voltage? Is the battery puffed at all? A bad battery may appear to get charged and then sag prematurely. Hard to tell from what you wrote if the charger is working right or not. But if you tried other chargers that you know work with other batteries, then my guess is that the battery may be no good.
Jul 03, 2017, 02:14 PM
Hi,
I have one of these on it's way to me, and I have read in a few places that it requires a specific USB cable otherwise it risks damaging the battery.
https://www.banggood.com/VISUO-XS809...p-1164055.html

Would these batteries work if they were replaced in the housing of the current batteries?
http://www.tmart.com/4pcs-Syma-X5SC-...s_p337057.html

Or is that a ridiculous question
Jul 03, 2017, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
It is possible that the battery is no good. Do you have a voltmeter to check the voltage? Is the battery puffed at all? A bad battery may appear to get charged and then sag prematurely. Hard to tell from what you wrote if the charger is working right or not. But if you tried other chargers that you know work with other batteries, then my guess is that the battery may be no good.
Turns out it was an unsoldered micro usb connector, I'm going to just replace it all with a jst connector, hate proprietary crap.
Jul 03, 2017, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCopter
Hi,
I have one of these on it's way to me, and I have read in a few places that it requires a specific USB cable otherwise it risks damaging the battery.
https://www.banggood.com/VISUO-XS809...p-1164055.html

Would these batteries work if they were replaced in the housing of the current batteries?
http://www.tmart.com/4pcs-Syma-X5SC-...s_p337057.html

Or is that a ridiculous question
It comes with a USB cable that has an LED for charge status, the stock battery is 900mAh so I am not sure if the 1200mAh would fit. You could solder on a new micro jst or jst lead to the main pcb and use those lipos. (You might need to sand the sides down a bit to fit the syma lipo)
Jul 03, 2017, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLimitRC
It comes with a USB cable that has an LED for charge status, the stock battery is 900mAh so I am not sure if the 1200mAh would fit. You could solder on a new micro jst or jst lead to the main pcb and use those lipos. (You might need to sand the sides down a bit to fit the syma lipo)
Thanks, is there any official larger batteries for it? I couldn't find any.
I had a look at micro jst, (Japan Solderless Terminals Connector?) and it's something i have never done before, but I am looking forward to trying something like that. I might wait until i have had it a little while first though, and i am beginning to get a bit bored with it's flight time
Jul 03, 2017, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCopter
Thanks, is there any official larger batteries for it? I couldn't find any.
I had a look at micro jst, (Japan Solderless Terminals Connector?) and it's something i have never done before, but I am looking forward to trying something like that. I might wait until i have had it a little while first though, and i am beginning to get a bit bored with it's flight time
Not that I know of, the spare OEM style 900mAh lipos cost ~10$.

I found this on banggood,
Bossy Syma X5SW X5SC Spare Part 3.7V 1000Mah 25C Va32 Upgraded Lipo Battery
https://banggood.app.link/n1yX8tjuuE

If you look at the customer images there is someone who has that lipo in a Visuo drone like yours and he says it is a perfect fit. 100mAh isn't much (~10% more capacity) but it is much cheaper than an OEM style battery.

JST 1.25mm 2 Pin Micro Male Female Connector Plug 40mm Wires Cables for Blade Inductrix
https://banggood.app.link/MPdSaOVuuE

You will need to strip that small connector and solder the terminals (CHECK POLARITY)
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...01&postcount=3

Siriusflier has done something similar^
Jul 04, 2017, 12:55 AM
GOT WINGS
Yes, I did something similar. I left the original battery connector inside the battery bay intact and just added a red JST connector with a long wire so I could have the JST plug on the outside in the back. Then I could connect any JST battery that would fit into the battery bay.
See post #3.