This thread is privately moderated by AlkaM, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 01, 2017, 12:38 PM
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Another strange BlHeli_S 1-3s DIY esc

This is a very simple esc to build. It actually uses P-fets for the upper switch and switches them through a voltage divider. The bottom n-fet is driven directly from the MCU. I have tested it in a quad on 2s and 3s and on the bench with 1s ( don't have a 1s flight controller to test with). It didn't even explode on 4s with a racerstar 1306 motor !( but most likely would in the air or the motor would smoke). It can't give a current rating but it will be fine for the smaller motors up to 15 amp burst. In practice the motor got much hotter than the esc's for the 1306's.
It's tricky to get the bridge to switch fast enough so the resistor and component choices are critical. There are only a handful mosfets that I know of that would work on the pcb at that switching speed with such poor drive current. Also the pinout for the p-mosfet is different from the norm so look at the parts notes on the schematic carefully if you want to build this. The layout is a for a four layer board but the schematic is pretty basic to make a two layer version.
Uses firmware F_H_90.

Gerber files and schematics and layout in the zip.

Upper mosfet p-channel : CSD25402Q3
Lower mosfet n_channel: CSD17304Q3
Last edited by AlkaM; Jun 01, 2017 at 02:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2017, 11:28 AM
Hi,
i've written you via mail, but you don't seem to answer.
Is there a way to get in contact with you?
Dec 14, 2017, 12:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tschones FPV
Hi,
i've written you via mail, but you don't seem to answer.
Is there a way to get in contact with you?
Sorry, I never saw this, I didn't get any mail in my inbox from you either. I hope you got it sorted but if you have any questions you can contact me through the blog itself and i'll check every so often.

Quick Reply