July 15 and 16th F5J Contest Help Needed - RC Groups
May 31, 2017, 06:27 PM
Help!

July 15 and 16th F5J Contest Help Needed

All,
SBSS is sponsoring a two day F5J competition at Brigantino Park on July 15 and 16. We are in need of a couple pieces of equipment to support the contest.

1. A small, quiet, generator to run a couple computers, a printer, and provide power for charging batteries.
2. A pop up sun shade.

Of course, we could rent this stuff, but we are trying to minimize our overhead costs. The point is to raise some money to support SBSS activities. If you have these items, loaning them for the contest would be greatly appreciated.

Please contact me if you can help.
Dave
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2017, 02:04 AM
SBSS, SVSS, SCCMAS, EBRC
I have both of these items.
Jun 01, 2017, 12:08 PM
Team Hello Kitty
Hi Dave,

That's great that Don has those items. Here are the major items I plan to bring:

+ 2 LED display panels, both with wireless links. One is battery powered and can be remotely located anywhere on the field.

+ 12 standard F5J landing tapes (10mtr long, 50 points max).

+ 12 irrigation flags that are marked 1-12 to be used to number each lane. I can also bring some rope to mark the "access corridor" line that will be 15mtr behind the landing spots (this is an FAI field safety requirement). Or we can use more irrigation flags. Figure a flag every 10mtr down the length of the flight line.

+ Both my contest laptops in case Don needs them: a scoring laptop with Gliderscore installed and a serial port for the LED timer displays. The other laptop can be used as a community scoring laptop for those pilots that do not have smartphones. Or we can use tablet computers if any club members have them to loan.

+ A Verizon wifi hotspot for the scoring computers.

+ An FM transmitter + antenna for the wireless sound system. Also 4 Ridgid radios--we will need one radio for every 2 lanes. Rick Johnston is coming and will bring more radios.

That's it for now.
Chris
Jun 01, 2017, 07:17 PM

F5J Help

Thanks to Don and Chris for being willing to share their stuff and support this contest!
Dave