Tamiya XV-01 Long Damper Spec 4WD Kit

The VX-01 Long Damper Spec kit is a limited edition chassis for on-road and off-road racing.

Splash

A Long Travel Rally Chassis

The XV-01 is not a new chassis, but this limited edition long damper version is! The Tamiya XV-01 Long Damper Spec 4WD Kit comes with a front mounted motor, a belt-drive 4wd system, and a chassis with built in covers and stone guards to protect against debris. The long dampers mean it's suitable for on-road and off-road terrain, especially with the Rally Block tires on replica wheels.

The kit retails for $214.99 and is currently available at Tower Hobbies and other retailers. CLICK HERE for more info

Specifications:

• FRP (Fiber-Reinforced Plastic) chassis.
  • Four-wheel dual drive.
  • 540-size brushed motor.
  • CVA mini oil shocks.
  • 0.14" (3.5 mm) thick FRP (Fiber-Reinforced Plastic) shock towers, designed to maximize shock performance.
  • Long tie-rod steering system reduces bump steer. Includes a high-torque servo saver.
  • Fully independent double wishbone suspension.
  • Bevel gear differentials.
  • Battery access hatch is located on the chassis underside.
  • Front urethane foam bumper.
  • 68-tooth plastic spur gear.
  • 22-tooth steel pinion gear.
  • 0.94" (24 mm) wide, 2.6" (67 mm) diameter rally block tires with foam inserts.
  • 1" (25.4 mm) wide, 1.9" (48 mm) diameter 16-spoke white plastic wheels with 12 mm hex.
  • Full set of ball bearings.
  • Adjustable camber/toe-in.

Jun 01, 2017, 06:26 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
I love mine. If you like a good rally car, this is it. It handles great with the motor up front. It doesn't get rocks in the steering or belt like every other touring car I've ever owned. It's quiet and very fast with a 4600KV motor on 2S. I actually prefer this one over my HPI WR8. It's that good! My RC buds always comment on how quiet it is and how smoothly it handles.

Best of all, it's a kit! Happy building!
Jun 02, 2017, 02:02 AM
RC Fan
What kind of plastic are these kits made of, is it similar to Traxxas etc? I'm really tempted to get one, the layout of the drive train looks really interesting.
Jun 06, 2017, 12:14 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
I've been eyeing the XV-01 for a few years now. This version may have just sealed the deal for me.
Latest blog entry: DYS ELF RTF Mini-Review
Jun 18, 2017, 10:08 AM
There is no way I'm getting into another platform- but yes this does look sweet.