This thread is privately moderated by Matthew Duncan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 31, 2017, 01:17 PM
A disaster waiting to happen
Thread OP
Discussion

Frsky telemetry

I have just received the MLVSS sensor for the Frsky smartport telemetry system and the whole idea has intrigued me. As I'm not very experienced, this is my first telemetry apart for RSSI from the relieved itself.
There isn't really a big limit on what telemetry you have because of the ability to piggy back multiple sensors on each other (unless you use too many channels or the current draw gets too high) I'm not actually sure of the limit.
This has given me the great ability of the telemetry and I have learnt allot about using plants. Before, I didn't know how to set many hints on a switch, but now, I have RSSI on the middle of SC, voltage on the momentary SH and radio voltage on SG.
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2017, 01:39 PM
Thread OP

Switches

I have been fiddling with the settings and have moved the switches, RSSI stays at SC, lipo voltage moves to SD, and the timer is on SG. This is because I fly a pinch/thumbs hybrid so my middle finger sits right over SD so I have more easy access to the telemetry systems instead of having to reach back for the rear SH momentary switch.
May 31, 2017, 02:17 PM
Puting telemetry on physical switches is handy for testing but I usually put them on a logical switch so that they just announced themselves when they go bellow a certain level which I set,
Logical switches are a REALLY useful part of opentx ,
But there is lots to learn and it all takes time.
Dec 26, 2017, 05:39 AM
Thread OP
I have found that my voltage readouts on the switches don't give a decimal place just something like "11 volts" rather than using a decimal (which the logical switches do) it's relatively anoying as I like to know what voltage I'm at during the flight,but I have to look down at the telemetry screen to do that.

An fpv osd would be useful.
Dec 26, 2017, 07:31 AM
Yeah I brought this up a number of times with the opentx team but it never got down as far as I know, the reading to 2 decimal places would be useful to have.
For fpv it's easy enough to get voltage on osd if you have a flight controller with osd on board which is pretty standard these days.
I have a few quads to build which will have osd and will defo be welcome.
But a timer is still the thing I use the most to know when to land.
Dec 27, 2017, 04:08 AM
Thread OP
Yeah, I feel an odd would be best as it won't distract you from flying but audio alerts may be best.

Quick Reply