This thread is privately moderated by Mochaboy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 30, 2017, 01:44 PM
Radd Graduate '06
Mini-Review

AKK Tech CA20 600TVL camera and switchable X1P 5.8ghz VTX

AKK Tech reached out to me to review some of their FPV products so I browsed their inventory and ordered some of the basics...This video covers a little more than the regular unboxing, but long story short - the power outputs met and exceeded the stated rates, but the nicer benefit which I'm still waiting to test is that the transmitter and camera had much lower radiated UHF noise than most similar products. That's not really a concern if you're running the standard 5.8/2.4 setup but if you're running a weird mid range combo like 433mhz for control and 5.8ghz for video with long range antennas - it matters a lot. Usually about 10 inches of separation is enough for even the worst offenders, but if we're talking about say a quad - separation isn't an option, so it matters what the emissions charts look like around the control ranges.

Anyway - here's the video
Unboxing AKK Tech CA20 600TVL FPV Camera and Switchable 5.8 ghz VTX (20 min 32 sec)

For the CA20 camera - pros/cons:
+ price - you'll be saving about $10 from its identical twin, the HS1177
+ 600tvl camera (same board as the HS1177)
+ picture quality was what you would expect
+ plastic case made the whole unit a little lighter
+ wide input voltage 5v-20v input makes it good for ultralight setups
- plastic case might be a plus or a minus depending on your application
- 2.8 lens included - little too narrow for quad or racing work...sweet spot is in the 2.1 to 2.8 range

For the X1P 25mw/200mw/600mw switchable vtx
+ very small form factor
+ option for pigtail or hardmount SMA
+ one button operation - again a space saving feature and very intuitive to use
+ 3 power levels for a very competitive price
+ measured power levels exceeded stated ratings
- no built in voltage regulator to feed out 5v...you'll need to power your camera separately
- spurious emissions in the UHF band measured at max power (to be fair, I haven't found many 5.8ghz transmitters that are innocent of this either, just some are less egregious than others).
Last edited by Mochaboy; May 31, 2017 at 08:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply