May 29, 2017, 09:06 PM
Discussion

plane still not level after setting flat level mounting?

Hi all,

I am flying with the Vector for almost a year, but there still things I cannot manage to figure out how to do.
Before flying, I lay my plane on the ground, level, and do the 'setting flat level mounting' as described in the manual. My sticks are at zero trim. But even then, in the air, at 2D no-hold mode, the plane is not stable and banks to one side all the time.
When I switch to RTH, the Vector fly it perfectly, stable, level and everything.
Why is that? Why the 2D mode cannot produce a level flight, while the Vector is capable to do it, as can be seem in the RTH mode?

I don't want to use the trims, because it might cause the RTH not to be engaged, and because I prefers using the trims for the manual mode. Am I correct with that? I did saw videos that explain how to trim the plane in manual mode (during flight), and the todo 'incorporate trims', so the won't mess up the 2D mode. So I figured out that the trims are to be used on the manual mode only?

Am I missing something something in the preparation process?

Thank you in advance,
Tal
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2017, 02:23 AM
because rust never sleeps....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talsharf
Hi all,

I am flying with the Vector for almost a year, but there still things I cannot manage to figure out how to do.
Before flying, I lay my plane on the ground, level, and do the 'setting flat level mounting' as described in the manual. My sticks are at zero trim. But even then, in the air, at 2D no-hold mode, the plane is not stable and banks to one side all the time.
When I switch to RTH, the Vector fly it perfectly, stable, level and everything.
Why is that? Why the 2D mode cannot produce a level flight, while the Vector is capable to do it, as can be seem in the RTH mode?

I don't want to use the trims, because it might cause the RTH not to be engaged, and because I prefers using the trims for the manual mode. Am I correct with that? I did saw videos that explain how to trim the plane in manual mode (during flight), and the todo 'incorporate trims', so the won't mess up the 2D mode. So I figured out that the trims are to be used on the manual mode only?

Am I missing something something in the preparation process?

Thank you in advance,
Tal
The flight controller needs to know what your stick input values are when you are hands off. If you adjust the trim this looks to the flight controller like stick input and so it will change its attitude accordingly in stabilised mode. What you need to do whenever you adjust the trim is "Incorporate Trim" values from the menu, this is possible to do in flight, although not particularly convenient from a user experience point of view.
May 30, 2017, 07:27 PM
Hi Hugo,

Thank you for your reply.
I think I got it now.
So, I can fly in manual mode, do some trims, then do incorporate trims. Then this is considered by the vector as the 'hands off' values, so when I go into stabilized mode, it should be level, and also in manual mode, right?

Cheers,
Tal
May 31, 2017, 03:39 AM
because rust never sleeps....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talsharf
Hi Hugo,

Thank you for your reply.
I think I got it now.
So, I can fly in manual mode, do some trims, then do incorporate trims. Then this is considered by the vector as the 'hands off' values, so when I go into stabilized mode, it should be level, and also in manual mode, right?

Cheers,
Tal
Correct.
Jun 01, 2017, 10:27 PM
Million thanks Hugo ;-)