Multiprotocol External TX Module by Bangwood - RC Groups
May 28, 2017, 12:05 PM
Discussion

Multiprotocol External TX Module by Bangwood

this forum is with the purpose to start discussing this product and having an index on 1st page, so any frequent question will have the answer there so no need to ask it or seach.
there are 2 threads already, but dont have an index, and there has not been much participation.
these are: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...dule-w-Battery
and this: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...SKY-I6-etc-etc
there is also this that looks exactly the same but without case: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...rsky-Devo-DSM2) but is a DIY (do it yourself) so is not ready to use.
Last edited by phil alvirez; Nov 15, 2017 at 10:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 28, 2017, 12:15 PM

index

index
1.-about the position of the antenna: It doesn't matter how you install the module as long as the antenna is not blocked by something. Ideal is to have the antenna mounted horizontally above the transmitter case, as with the older Spektrum transmitters like DX6i. But that's not usually feasible with a module. Next best is probably antenna clear of any metal handle and cocked to one side at 45 degrees or so to minimize the risk of pointing the end at the model.
All sorts of arrangements can work adequately. The important thing is to do a careful reduced power range test in all relevant orientations."
(from daedalus)

2.- binding with module
1-bind plug on receiver
2-receiver ON
3-tx ON
4-module-press and hold button
5-module ON
6-wait 2 seconds, then release it.
green light flashes, then goes solid.
7-rx OFF
8-tx OFF
9-module OFF
10-remove bind plug

3.-setting PPM signal: instructions say: Normal use operation:
1. Screw down the antenna of module tightly. Turn on you transmitter and set PPM signal output"
but as some radios do this automatically, should say: " if your radio does not turn on automatically, then set PPM signal output".

4-getting started
it requires the next steps:
1-installation: using the velcro included, attach to the back of the radio.
2-connect the cable (included) to the module and the radio.
3-make sure the switch is OFF (green light OFF).
4-besides the usual way of turning ON the radio, it requires to press the button and turn the switch ON in order to be ready to use.
5-the antenna has to be oriented across the radio, just as we do with the stock antenna.
6-needs to keep its own battery fully charged. for this, is necessary to turn the knob to zero, plug the adaptor (not included) to a computer, or to a charger for cellulars, and wait until the blinking red light stops. then unplug the adaptor, and turn the knob to the number you are using. and make sure the switch in OFF.
7-when finished using the radio, turn OFF the module.
8-fold the antenna so handling the radio does not get stuck somewhere.
9-recharge it so is ready for next time you use it.
yes, some more to do, but still is a great solution for using almost any radio with any receiver.
Last edited by phil alvirez; Jun 17, 2017 at 05:59 AM.
May 28, 2017, 01:16 PM

introduction

let me start from the beginning: i have a radio that uses receivers on DSM2 protocol. 1st they cost me $60 each. eventually i learned of a manufacturer that makes them at a way lower cost, without affecting its quality. great! but then, my radio was not as versatile as my needs increased, so i got another that fitted me better. problem is, with different protocol and hence uses only receivers of its own. now the manufacturer of those good and cheap receivers released 1 that has gyros in. but they dont fit my new radio (different protocol).
and now i heard of a product that allows me to use my new radio with the receivers that i want. isnt that great?
and it is this module that fits almost any transmitter due to having several protocols that we are here to discuss.
there are 2 threads on it, but there has been almost no input, and they have no index, so if any1 has a basic question, even if some1 has answered it, it may be lost in the thread. besides, the 1 that was released by the supplier has no participation by them. and as i have 1 and am beginning to test it at the field, i will bring my experiences and comments with it.
i believe that, if all goes well, will be of a great help to all of us that would like to use our radios with other brands of receivers that fit our needs better.
May 28, 2017, 07:03 PM

a simple approach

thanks to valuable advice i have been able to test it at the field, and the results so far are good. it just works as expected.
i see it as a switch that changes protocols, thats all. it has several chips (or whatever) and the knob lets us to choose the 1 that matches our radio.
so shouldnt be any reason for it not to do it.
it may not have all the protocols, but if we see the list, it includes a large number.
so, even without support from the supplier, it is a simple solution.
so far just another fellow and me have tested it, but i expect many more will join us and talk about their experience.
May 29, 2017, 12:26 AM
Have you been flying DSM2 with the module, Phil?
May 29, 2017, 04:38 AM

yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFish
Have you been flying DSM2 with the module, Phil?
yes. why?
Last edited by phil alvirez; May 29, 2017 at 05:07 AM.
May 29, 2017, 05:01 AM

more details

i hope some1 with knowledge on the matter would tell us more on how this is designed
it would be interesting to know.
May 29, 2017, 07:26 AM

my view

once i got this from Andy Kunz about how a signal from the tx reaches a servo or motor

Input >-----MIXING----RF Deck____V------RF------ V_____Receiver ----Output splitter-----> Servo
(where V means antenna)

i think where RF is (between the Vs), is where the module fits-and changes the protocol.
its just a switch. like the railroad tracks, where change to another through a "y" shaped join.
what do you think?
Last edited by phil alvirez; Jun 01, 2017 at 07:43 AM.
May 29, 2017, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez
yes. why?
'cuz I have a DMS2 quad on the way.
May 29, 2017, 10:31 AM
I would like to try a FrSky receiver with it. On the list it names FRSKYD and FRSKYX protocols are available in the stock module. I would like to assume that one of those would fly models that are listed as BNF with FRSKY receiver. I'm not sure that assuming is warranted though. If there's 2 FRSKY protocols listed, maybe there are more and the BNF FRSKY quad WON'T work with it.
May 29, 2017, 11:14 AM

pioneers get all the arrows

problem is, that the seller does not help at all. they should answer to us with all these doubts.
still, you may try contacting them. try this: xujiatong@banggood.cn
and let us know if you get an answer.

hopefully others with some knowledge will join us eventually.
May 29, 2017, 12:13 PM
I see there is also a FRSKY V version. So the stock module might not work with the quads being sold with FRSKY Rx
May 29, 2017, 01:20 PM

input

at least i am lucky that the radio i have (tactic 850) matches with the receivers i have too (lemon stabilizer and stab plus)-all DSM2.
yes, DSM2 is shown at the list
but when the seller will provide the input we all need to be sure that the module works with whatever we have in mind?
that is the question
May 29, 2017, 08:51 PM
Here's my review of it.

iRangeX RX4 Pro PPM 4in1 Multi protocol External TX Module ATMega328P BangGood (8 min 22 sec)
May 29, 2017, 09:30 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFish
I would like to try a FrSky receiver with it. On the list it names FRSKYD and FRSKYX protocols are available in the stock module. I would like to assume that one of those would fly models that are listed as BNF with FRSKY receiver. I'm not sure that assuming is warranted though. If there's 2 FRSKY protocols listed, maybe there are more and the BNF FRSKY quad WON'T work with it.
There are 3 FrSky protocols, V8, D8 & D16

V8 is from the original FrSky non-telemetry modules and the original V8 receivers, both out of production for years. The newer V8-II receivers will also speak it. This would be FRSKYV on the list.
D8 is for the DHT, DJT and DFT modules (which also speak V8), the D-series receivers and the V8-II receivers will also speak it. This would be FRSKYD on the list
D16 is for the XJT module, Taranis and Horus transmitters (all of which will also speak D8, but not V8. EU firmware builds block D8 by default). The X and S series receivers speak D16, this would be FRSKYX on the list.

All of the BNF stuff speaks either D8 or D16 and will say so on the specs. All receivers on the market for the last few years speak either D8 or D16.