View Poll Results: If available, would you add a plug 'n play battery tray to your next electric plane?
Not interested, if it adds weight and/or expense to plane 2 50.00%
Possibly interested, if added weight and/or expense is minimal 1 25.00%
Very interested, if additional weight and/or expense is reasonable 0 0%
Yes! Where can I buy one? 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

May 27, 2017, 12:53 PM
"I will return" Federico
Thread OP
Poll

Plug 'n Play Battery Tray

[Please Note: This poll is for planes smaller than giant scale. Please see Flying Giants for a similar poll for planes with 80" wingspan or larger.]

Is the technology for RC planes getting left in the dust by drones and helicopters? Looking at the high tech gear they employ makes me think the answer is an unfortunate Yes!

Take a look at the battery for the Yuneec Q500 Typhoon drone. A better view can be found by looking at the GensAce replacement battery here. Also, look at what Goblin did for their 380 helicopter battery tray. Be sure to watch their animated video as well.

IMHO it would be a great leap forward for electric planes to have a battery that could be inserted and removed without having to fuss with velcro and wires. I'm attempting to make such a quick connect system for my 87" 3DHS Extra 300 SHP. See here. Proper connectors designed for such a system, however, would be vastly superior and more reliable than what I can do with plywood.

A quick connect system not only simplifies field set up and break down, but it can protect wires, connectors and batteries from damage by avoiding the tendency to pull on wires during normal handling.

Please take the poll and let vendors know what you think.
Last edited by rclad; May 27, 2017 at 01:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply