Holybro Hukiya Fatshark Module - RC Groups

Holybro Hukiya Fatshark Module

If you're looking for a digital display receiver module for your Fatshark goggles then you'll want to check out the Holybro Hukiya Fatshark Module.

Splash

New Fatshark Goggle Module

If you're looking for a digital display receiver module for your Fatshark goggles then you'll want to check out the Holybro Hukiya Fatshark Module. This module was developed from the rx5808-pro-diversity open source project and has optimized codes and LaRace band that allow it to receive 48 channels. It has a 1.3" OLED display and a navigation button to make channel and band selections quick and easy.

Features:

• Control - 3-way navigation button, up, down, select
  • Channel Selection - Manual or auto scan based on RSSI
  • Rx Channels - 48
  • Save mode - Saves startup mode (manual, seek, scan)
  • Save channel - Starts up on last saved channel
  • Beeper - Acoustic feedback on important actions
  • Save RSSI range - RSSI voltage may vary per part
  • Quick Save - From any screen, press and hold select for 1 second
  • Diversity - Receiver select and monitor
  • Led Status - Power, button pressed, active antenna
  • Race Band - Added band LaRace for a total of 48 supported channels
  • Backward Compatibility - Use this module with your existing setup
  • Display - 1.3" 128x64 OLED screen

Check out the Hukiya Fatshark Module here

May 26, 2017, 01:05 PM
I just wanna fly, fly, fly
Looks quite nice! I appreciate that the two antennas are mounted on two different sides, instead of crammed together on a single side/module. How do the Master and Slave modules communicate with each other?

I wonder how this compares to the FuriousFPV TrueD v3.5 diversity setup. Would be super cool if RCG could arrange comparative, side by side testing and review.

On a related note, I find it surprising and disappointing that Fatshark themselves have not come up with any vRX module with an integrated screen. All they've done is release an orange-painted special edition last year at Drone Nationals, and a red-painted 10th anniversary edition this year. Have they just decided to keep milking their past R&D by selling high-volume, high-margin products, and leave the more sophisticated, low(er)-volume and (presumably) lower-margin products to third parties? Would be interesting to get some insight from the horse's (shark's) mouth.
May 28, 2017, 11:50 PM
fatshark lol innovation isnt in their vocabulary.
May 29, 2017, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm
I wonder how this compares to the FuriousFPV TrueD v3.5 diversity setup. Would be super cool if RCG could arrange comparative, side by side testing and review.
The TruD is way better as it is true diversity VRx module
May 29, 2017, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhuans
The TruD is way better as it is true diversity VRx module
I would assume it's about the same performance wise, but it has better navigation button (joystick type) and 48ch instead of 40. I also like the doors, looks very clean.
May 30, 2017, 03:28 AM
z33
z33
interesting, made with better quality electronics than realacc offering?
May 30, 2017, 12:34 PM

Hukiya RX5808 Pro Diversity verse La Forge

Has anybody compared the Hukiya RX5808 Pro Diversity with La Forge?
Jun 01, 2017, 04:40 AM
Novice Flying Machine Mechanic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm
On a related note, I find it surprising and disappointing that Fatshark themselves have not come up with any vRX module with an integrated screen. All they've done is release an orange-painted special edition last year at Drone Nationals, and a red-painted 10th anniversary edition this year.
Pretty sure the red painted 10 yr fat shark has an oled screen.

But yeah it's a pity fatshark don't concentrate more on usability.

IMO the only things fat sharks have going for them is 4:3 aspect ratio and 50d g FOV.
Last edited by 1337flite; Jun 01, 2017 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Type
Jun 01, 2017, 10:45 AM
I'd rather be flying
So I got this in and hooked it up, and I'm having issues. It gets this scrambled jaggy interference, even when I restrict it to one RX in the firmware, and even when I'm super close in. I've calibrated RSSI with the antennas off as suggested, and everything appears to be working fine. I'll try to get some DVR footage today. It's basically unusable at this point. Trying to figure out if I need to return it, or if it is a problem that can be fixed.
Jun 05, 2017, 11:11 PM
Honorable Deplorable
Mine was doing that as well. I was able to get an excellent video once I got the antennas correct. I was able to get the blue beam antenna to function correctly.
Jun 06, 2017, 10:47 AM
I'd rather be flying
So a bit of an update on this. It seems it is unique to one or two quads. The signal is perfect on my two quads with Eachine VTX02 transmitters on the stock linear antennas, but on my big freestyle rig with an FX799T rebadge (PiroDrone one) it was horrible regardless of antenna. I swapped it for another FX799 rebadge (Lumenier) and it was a bit better, but still had the same jaggy lines. A buddy of mine has a quad with an old school TS5823 and it has the same issue. I was able to get some DVR footage of the issue while he was flying.

VRX issue Holybro Hukiya (2 min 6 sec)
Jun 08, 2017, 11:44 PM
Honorable Deplorable
I have noticed this as well now that you mention it. I was using a fatshark antenna on the goggles and a menace patch, fatshark on the quad with a TBS transmitter. Was getting really grainy as crappy video. Once I put the big bluebeam antenna on the google, menace was still there, everything got better.

Though on my wing with a spektrum vtx I didn't notice any issues when issuing the fatshark antennas. Maybe it is something with the protocols or something between the different units and antennas?
Sep 05, 2017, 12:04 AM
DumbThumbsFPV
This thing gets horrible range! I've tried every antenna I have with it. It likes the 12 turn helical for about 5 minutes then freaks out with line. It doesn't work with any omni I have so far... Should have bought a La Forge or True-D...
Sep 05, 2017, 08:06 AM
Honorable Deplorable
I have had mine out a few blocks and everything still worked fine. Have used it both on my quad, as well as my wing.

Contact the company you bought it from and see what they can do. The first one I bought had issues, but getfpv replaced it and everything had been good since
Sep 05, 2017, 10:38 AM
DumbThumbsFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by woogie_man
I have had mine out a few blocks and everything still worked fine. Have used it both on my quad, as well as my wing.

Contact the company you bought it from and see what they can do. The first one I bought had issues, but getfpv replaced it and everything had been good since
To late, already put them in my headset...