Thanks so much for sharing.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2017, 12:24 AM
No RTF flies like your own SB
No problem. Happy to do so.
Jun 08, 2017, 06:34 AM
Here's some more progess...

Wing glued together and cut to shape. Made it a bit wider than the plans as I reckon this baby will benefit from a higher wing area.

Tail feathers presented to figure out servo locations. Servos will go outside and close to the control surfaces.

Fuselage halves glued together.

Now I can see how she will look like when finished
Last edited by mperaltaoz; Jun 08, 2017 at 06:40 AM.
Jun 14, 2017, 08:43 AM
I've decided to use my 3D printer for the wheels and their pants, so I came up with the design in Fusion 360 and printed them out.
They look pretty good... much better than my usual way of doing pants out of plywood and foam (see photos below).
Jun 16, 2017, 11:42 PM
Learning to fly.......FAST!!
Wow! Love this plane and nice to see someone local working on this. Great work mate! Look forward to seeing it complete and up in the air.
Jun 17, 2017, 03:03 AM
Agree. I can see a PP maiden coming up
Jun 17, 2017, 06:20 AM
It's nearly ready for the paint shop... I'll upload some photos tomorrow.
Looking really good!
Jun 17, 2017, 07:43 AM
Can't wait! You make some excellent scratch builds mate. As Crankster said, would be awesome to witness your maiden at Police Paddocks.

I'm no scratch builder but I'd really like to try making one of these. If not, hoping some manufacturer will jump onboard and produce a nice 1200mm like yours.
Jun 19, 2017, 07:39 AM
All ready for the paint job! Hopefully will start painting on the weekend.
Jun 19, 2017, 09:39 AM
Wow, that's excellent work mate! Love the details! Your scratch builds are epic!! Do you give lessons? Seriously. I've watched your video's and I just don't think your builds are showcased enough.
Looking forward to seeing it painted!!
Jun 29, 2017, 01:03 AM
Mario, this has come along brilliantly. It WOULD be cool to run a bit of a scratch build workshop one day.
Jul 02, 2017, 08:34 PM
Yeah that'd be nice.
I guess I could start taking some videos as I build... should be a good use for that action cam sitting on a shelf
Problem is I never find the time for editing them later on.
How's your editing skills?
Jul 02, 2017, 09:27 PM
I could edit them for you. I'd really love to be there when you maiden this bird!
Jul 03, 2017, 12:33 AM
My usual place for flying has become very intimidating for new planes as the runway is between a wall and a fence (hate that fence) so I reckon I'll maiden her at PP. I'll let you know when ready