Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

iSDT D2 Smart Balance Charger

The D2 is a Dual output charger/discharger that can charge up to 6S Lipos x 2 and bests some of the higher end brands with one small trick, it's small!

Splash

iSDT is setting a new standard in the world of chargers.

The guys and girls over at iSDT have a new flagship charger that aims to set a new standard in the charging world. The new D2 Smart Balance Charger is the latest and greatest from this up and coming manufacturer.

The D2 is a Dual output charger/discharger that can charge up to 6S lipos x 2 and bests some of the higher end brands with one small trick, it's small! The D2 is a very small unit, and could almost be considered a micro charger. It puts out a lot of power for its size. The D2 uses a PFC circuit (power factor correction) to help dilute the interference between the 2 chargers in such a confined area. They paid close attention to the case design and added dual fan units to maintain the right temperature. The charger also has a USB charge port for electronic devices. These guys are thinking outside the box and I'm looking forward to see what they come up with next.

For more information on the D2 charger click here.

Features:

• Dual fan cooling system
  • Excellent power to size ratio
  • Dual channel output
  • (SCP) Short circuit protection
  • (OLP) Over load protection
  • (OVP) Over voltage protection
  • (OTP) Over Temperature protection

Specs:

• Input Voltage : AC 100-240V
  • Charge Current : 0.1-12.0A x 2
  • Discharge Current : 0.1-3.0A x 2
  • Max Charge Capacity : 200W
  • Max Discharge Capacity: 5W x 2
  • Balancing Current : 1A/cell x 2
  • Balance Cells : 6S x 2
  • Display : 2.4" 320240 IPS LCD
  • Operating Temperature : 0-40C
  • Storage Temperature : -20-60C
  • Dimensions : 120x108x70 mm

May 27, 2017, 08:32 AM
Destroyer of Threads
Looks like a sweet piece of hardware.

Too bad I just bought a pair of Hitec RDX1's. This charger has more charging power than both of my Hitec's combined.

The only thing I don't like is the 5W max discharge. Worthless for larger packs.

It seems to be common, because the RDX1 also has a 5W discharge, along with my Passport Plus and B6 clone.

I was hoping I could retire my string of automotive bulbs, but it's just not meant to be.
May 27, 2017, 08:35 AM
Heli Kurap
I didn't see a price on this. Did I miss it on the website ?
May 27, 2017, 08:41 AM
Destroyer of Threads
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
I didn't see a price on this. Did I miss it on the website ?
Banggood has it for $120

https://www.banggood.com/ISDT-D2-200...p-1143529.html
May 27, 2017, 03:10 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Something doesn't add up. At 22.2v (6s pack) it can only charge at 9 amps.
May 28, 2017, 06:36 PM
Novice Flying Machine Mechanic

Discharger too

I believe they are also releasing a d dicatd discharger.
It's listed as can make my soon on phaser FOV, ne if our local Aussie suppliers.
May 30, 2017, 06:25 AM
I like these charges allot specialy the size.
But is it just me, or are we missing something in these ISDT chargers.
I look trough some manuals and I can't find the ability to have presets.
So you always have to set all the settings manually.
I charge HVLI and normal lipos, without presets these chargers make that error prone.
May 30, 2017, 08:35 AM
Destroyer of Threads
The discharge unit (FD-100) looks like something I could use.

http://www.isdt.co/fd-100.html

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...rol-Discharger
May 30, 2017, 10:11 AM
If 200 watts is the whole charger max then using the dual charge capacity is pretty limited to small 6s or 3s for larger mah
May 31, 2017, 03:27 AM
I believe it's 200w per channel. I have the smaller 150w single channel unit and it's great. It doesn't have presets but it's good at predicting what you have plugged in as far as chemistry goes. I like mine.
May 31, 2017, 09:51 AM
Senior to who? Member
My initial thought is the lack of presets is a big pain but after thinking on it, by the time I choose the preset menu, the preset, mode and start I'm probably doing just as many button presses as a setup.
Jun 01, 2017, 06:32 PM
I agree. presets especially on duo chargers are a pain in the rear. almost all duo chargers are litterally 2 chargers in 1 box so you have to set all your presets manually twice and if you change one then you have to change the other one. with a touch screen or good menus presets are a waste of time.

Just got a graupner polaron today and the presets are making me want to pull my hair out.
Jun 08, 2017, 12:03 PM
I have the Q6 and its sweet it will detect your batt chemistry all you have to do is press start unless u wanna bump the amps up or lower (you can do this while charge has started)or change to fast charge, storage, or discharge. no need for presets. ill be getting the D2 for a home charger with 2 parallel boards can charge 12 4s 1300-1500mah lipos for my guadcopters at once!