Multiplex Gernot Bruckmann Extra 330SC official thread - NOW AVAILABLE! - RC Groups
May 25, 2017, 04:15 PM
Cool

Multiplex Gernot Bruckmann Extra 330SC official thread - NOW AVAILABLE!

Hello all,

I wanted to start an official thread for the new Multiplex Extra 330SC Gernot Bruckmann edition airplane!! These will be available for purchase direct from us through our Weekender Warehouse website

>>>ORDER HERE<<<

MULTIPLEX EXTRA 330 SC designed by Gernot Bruckmann [english] (2 min 46 sec)

Designed by World Champion pilot, Gernot Bruckmann, the Extra 330SC is the smaller version of his impressive, award-winning aerobatic flyer. Multiplex’s M-frame technology and CFRP-based, two part wing system make for an extremely rigid, stable airframe, allowing for the most dramatic 3D maneuvers to be performed like a pro. The detachable fin and tail plane make for convenient and simple transport. Available as a KIT and RR, the Extra 330SC also comes available in two eye-catching color schemes, a Limited Edition blue (RR Only) and professional decal-designed orange. Durable plastic spinner and fashionable wheel spats finish the stylish look of this sky soaring champion!

KIT & RR Features
-Designed by World Aerobatic Champion Gernot Bruckmann
-Rigid, Two Part Wing Based on CFRP Tube Spars
-M-frame Technology for a Durably Strong Fuselage
-Large Detachable Canopy and Detailed Instrument Panel with Dummy Pilot

Additional RR Features
-100% Factory Assembled ELAPOR™ Foam Airframe
-Powerful Brushless Permax® Motor with Speed Control
-Four Hitec HS-82MG Servos

Specs:

Wingspan: 45.3 in (1150mm)
Wing Area: 744 sq. In. (48 dm˛)
Wing Loading: 12.45 oz/sq ft. (min. 38 g/dm˛)
Overall Length: 47.2 in (1200mm)
All-up Weight: 47.6 oz (1350g)
Control Functions: Aileron / Elevator / Rudder / Throttle
Optional Control Functions: N/A
Flight Characteristics: Pattern / 3D Aerobatics
Target User: Intermediate / Advanced

Available as both a KIT (M214274), and RR (Blue: M264274, Orange: M264282)!!

Require To Complete

KIT
Radio System: 6+ Channel transmitter (I.E. Hitec Flash 7)
Servos: x4 micro metal gear (I.E. Hitec HS-82MG)
Brushless Motor: Permax BL-O 3520-0920 (or equivalent)
Speed Control: MULTIcont BL-55 S-BEC (or equivalent)
Propeller: 14 x 7 in electric thin
Battery: 3S ~2600mAh 40C (recommended)
Receiver: 6-Channel (I.E. Hitec Minima 6T)

RR
Radio System: 6 Channel transmitter
Battery: 3S ~2600mAh 40C
Receiver: 6-Channel

Now available directly through the Weekend Warehouse!

>>>ORDER HERE<<<

Please feel free to post all pictures, videos, assembly tips and tricks, reviews, or otherwise related content here!
Last edited by Xpress..; Jul 05, 2017 at 10:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2017, 08:11 PM
On the ol' Interweb
You could've asked to take over my thread (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2735805) unless you're trying to get away from the negative comments.
Jun 05, 2017, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazRC
You could've asked to take over my thread (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2735805) unless you're trying to get away from the negative comments.
I agree! That was a pretty good ongoing thread, why start another one?
Jun 26, 2017, 10:49 AM
Now available through the Weekender Warehouse!!
Jul 05, 2017, 08:45 AM
Alright, multiplex extra 330 kit ordered.
Jul 05, 2017, 09:29 AM
just struggling with the price on this one.
Jul 05, 2017, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsone
just struggling with the price on this one.
Me too. I really like my Hitec Weekender Extra 300 at about $150.00 with the upgraded motor. The new Extra 330 looks like an improvement, but I'm not sure it's worth more than double the cost of the Weekender Extra 300. Maybe some day if I can catch a good sale......
Jul 05, 2017, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee
Me too. I really like my Hitec Weekender Extra 300 at about $150.00 with the upgraded motor. The new Extra 330 looks like an improvement, but I'm not sure it's worth more than double the cost of the Weekender Extra 300. Maybe some day if I can catch a good sale......
$520 Canadian after the conversion. Heck if Im spending 400US on a plane, Im not far off from an extreme flight setup.

If I could pick this plane up for 250-325US range Id be all over it. 400 puts it over the tipping point for me.
Jul 05, 2017, 08:04 PM
My 3D flying skills, which is almost nil, do not deserve a plane this good or expensive. The Weekender Extra 300S at $115.00 shipped, after deducting Tower Hobby discounts, is my sweet spot. Notwithstanding the latter's dubious stock motor quality, this WE 300S is the best foam sport aerobatic model value, IMO.

There is no doubt the 330S is a better model than the 300S. However the design, engineering and tooling development and marketing costs for the 330S will have to be borne by other pilots.
Jul 06, 2017, 10:26 AM
The Extra 300S and the Extra 330SC are two totally different airplanes entirely, the new 330SC was designed and built completely from the ground up by a different team that worked directly with Gernot Bruckmann to ensure that the quality, fit, finish, and flight envelope of the airplane were nothing but outstanding in every way. An airplane simply doesn't bear Gernot Bruckmann's name on it unless it meets all of these criteria. If you compare the two models side by side it's very apparent the 330SC is the better of the two.

This is not to say that the Extra 300S is not a good airplane, because it is and it flies very well. It's just that the Extra 330SC is in a completely different class, it's like trying to compare a Lexus with a Ferrari. Both are excellent in their own regards, but there really isn't a comparison between the two.
Jul 06, 2017, 05:53 PM
The "Lexus" Extra 300 was like $219.00 when it was first released. Market forces have driven that price down to about $125. I suspect market forces, (lack of sales at the current price point), will do the same for the "Ferrari" Extra 330 unless it has been produced in far less numbers than the Extra 300.
Jul 07, 2017, 12:15 AM
I know the new Bruckmann Extra 330S is a much better aircraft in all respects than the Multiplex Hitec Weekender 300S. Perhaps its is worth $399 to some "Elite" 3D pilots, for sure.

If the intent is to target this niche market, fine. I respect that and I wish I had the skills to justify owning this excellent new 330S.

Although I have serious doubts as to ever improving my 3D skills, I want to own this 330S at some point, meaning when its price has come down to where it makes sense for me.
Jul 07, 2017, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider604
I know the new Bruckmann Extra 330S is a much better aircraft in all respects than the Multiplex Hitec Weekender 300S. Perhaps its is worth $399 to some "Elite" 3D pilots, for sure.

If the intent is to target this niche market, fine. I respect that and I wish I had the skills to justify owning this excellent new 330S.

Although I have serious doubts as to ever improving my 3D skills, I want to own this 330S at some point, meaning when its price has come down to where it makes sense for me.
My thoughts too as Im looking for a mid wing 3d/sport. I thought I had my mind made up but a couple more options have come to the table as of late. The 400$ price point makes me want to just bite the bullet and go into a 3dhs or extreme flight.
Jul 13, 2017, 04:30 PM
Ok build started. The landing gear seems super strong as well as the motor mount. The x mount holes are about 4.5 cm apart. The foam is definatelly weaker than the fun cub foam. Also the wings and tails are mostly hollow. If they were designed filled in then they would be a ton stronger with a minimal weight gain. The hinges for the rudder are the snap in kind while the elevator and ailerons have thin plastic hinges. Hopefully they wont get overworked and break over time.
The construction for the plane is pretty straightforward and simple too. I was thinking of doing a paint schedme with radioactive green flames where the orange stickers would go along with a green lighting bolt along the fusslage.
(And the top picture the plane is just taped together)
Jul 13, 2017, 04:35 PM
And also, if anyones debating this plane due to its aerobatic ability the controls can allways be tuned down. Start at like 15-25% control and work your way up. I bet if you could fly a warbird you could fly a tuned down aerobatic plane.