This thread is privately moderated by DigitalEntity, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 25, 2017, 11:12 AM
Build, fly, crash, repeat :-D
Mini-Review

Review of AKK KC02 600mW FPV Transmitter with 600TVL 2.8MM 120 Degree camera

Long story short
Good quality FPV set for decent price. Camera picture is very good - on par if not better with trusty HS1177. FPV TX is good, but a bit biger than common VTXes.

What's in the box
Name: P_20170514_183316.jpg
Views: 45
Size: 143.4 KB
Description:
Name: P_20170514_183401.jpg
Views: 47
Size: 245.4 KB
Description:

The kit came in plain white box without any designations. Inside I found the 600mw VTX, camera in an orange commonly used case, camera mounting bracket, a set of wires, antenna and manuals for VTX and the camera. None of the received equipment was branded AKK, in fact there was no branding at all.

VTX
Name: P_20170514_183417.jpg
Views: 33
Size: 181.5 KB
Description:
Name: P_20170514_183421.jpg
Views: 15
Size: 157.3 KB
Description:

VTX is a little bit bigger than usual 600mw 5.8GHz VTX devices, but not too much. I had no problem fitting it to my quad. Connector on the VTX is lockable, just like on other AKK VTX I recently reviewed. Wires that come with VTX are nice, in soft silicone insulation.

Transmitter comes with standard RP-SMA connector and a rubber-duck antenna. The transmitter accepts any voltage in range 7-24V meaning you can fit it to almost any setup up to 5S. It also has a built-in microphone, meaning that you'll have audio (if your receiver is able to receive it).

Another important thing is that VTX provides regulated power to the camera for cleaner wiring - you don't have to worry about powering the camera separately.

Camera
Name: P_20170514_183435.jpg
Views: 13
Size: 138.2 KB
Description:

Camera is packaged in common orange case with moderately wide lens. It comes with two sets of wires - one for CCTV systems (with BNC connector for video and barrel connector for power), this cable also comes with OSD controller. Another cable is a soft one for connecting camera to the VTX and features standard servo connector.

This camera has the SONY SUPER HAD II CCD sensor and Nextchip 2040 DSP - same as in many more expensive FPV cameras on the market. Thanks to good sensor and good DSP - picture of this camera is remarkably good - equal if not better than my trusty HS1177 (original one). I didn't even have to fiddle with OSD settings - just threw it on my quad and it was perfect.

Test flying
This set performed excellent on my miniquad. VTX delivers true 600mw power meaning great penetration - you can fly long range or behind trees and buildings without loosing video. Camera handles high contrast very well - I had no problem flying in and out of the building to bringht sunlight.

Drawbacks
Stock wires are just too long. You need a soldering iron to get it neat on a miniquad (although on a FPV airplane longer wires will come in handy).
VTX heats up considerably (like all other 600mw VTXes do). Once you plug in the battery you should start flying immediately to avoid overheating.

Conclusion
Good value for the money! High quality VTX and good camera - for a very decent price of $39.99. Damn, I paid over 40$ for a Foxeer camera alone - without VTX and with equally good picture.

Buy the kit on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/AKK-Transmitt.../dp/B01MRS9PRH
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply