Opale Hybrid 5.2 Paraglider Wing

Opale just announced a huge new wing with hybrid technology. It's called easily enough, the Hybrid 5.2 and it is a looker.

Splash

Opale Releases the Largest RC Hybrid Paraglider Wing

Opale just announced a huge new wing with hybrid technology. It's called easily enough, the Hybrid 5.2 and it is a looker. It's actually the largest RC paraglider wing to date that uses a mix of single skin and double skin construction, providing the best of both worlds. The speed range is large while keeping incredible stability. The Hybrid 5.2 is great for the slope or with a power plant. There are 30 cells on this giant wing and in the box you'll also get a breathable carrying bag, a suspension repair kit and a tissue repair kit in case you need it. This wing looks awesome and with its giant wingspan, it will certainly draw some attention.

Compatibility:

• Backpack XL
  • Trike XL
  • Pilot Tom

Specs:

• Flat area [m2]: 5.2
  • Flat wingspan [m]: 5.25
  • Ratio: 5.3
  • Cells: 30
  • Bridles: Aramid 50 daN spliced - DFL 70
  • Fabrics: Nylon Ultralight fabric 20D 32gr/m2

Includes:

• 1 x Hybrid 5.2
  • 1 x Bridle repair Kit
  • 1 x Fabric repair Kit
  • 1 x Inner Bag

Check out the Opale Hybrid 5.2 Paraglider Wing here

May 24, 2017, 08:42 PM
RC Paraglider / Sailplanes
Very nice.
May 24, 2017, 08:50 PM
RCG Staff
We need to have that US Paraglider Fun Fly so we can see this bad boy in person.
May 24, 2017, 10:07 PM
I totally support a US Paraglider Fun Fly! I took my new hacker paramotor up for its maiden flight this week and am thoroughly interested in RC paragliders now. I would love to meet others who fly them in some sort of fun fly setting. The scale aspect and cool factor are awesome.
May 25, 2017, 05:10 AM
RC Paraglider / Sailplanes
I might actually be up for that. Depends how far from Quebec.

It will sure be easier crossing the border with a few paragliders vs a car full of sailplanes.
May 26, 2017, 09:26 AM
espritmodel.com
This is crazy awesome, man we have to build one. I have Oxy 5 with Trike XL, having option between different wings depending on the wind would be awesome.

Zb/Esprit
May 26, 2017, 11:06 AM
Tugs & Bugs
This is AWESOME. I am actually waiting on FED-EX right now for my 1.8 3M HYBRID with ALL the goodies! ESPRIT has INCREDIBLY fast shipping! Want to order the Roxy 0.5 but they don't have any AXI motor in stock for it, will wait until that have that in stock to order it. This BEHEMOTH here should be a blast to fly! Bigger means more stable....lolololololol.
May 26, 2017, 11:08 AM
Tugs & Bugs
A Fun FLY in FLORIDA would be awesome, i am up in NY but have a house down in ORLANDO! Works for me. lolololol.
May 26, 2017, 12:29 PM
Such a gorgeous wing!!

I've been thinking of starting a rc Paraglider Meetup group in the bay area, but not sure worth the numbers yet..would absolutely love to meet more paragliding buddies to learn with. And more fun fly events for the US will be great.
May 26, 2017, 12:33 PM
RCG Staff
Keep us up to date. I would love to go to a meet up!
May 26, 2017, 02:53 PM
espritmodel.com
We are talking about doing something in Florida later in fall.

Zb/Esprit
May 26, 2017, 03:24 PM
RCG Staff
Yeah!
May 26, 2017, 06:29 PM
Tugs & Bugs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
We are talking about doing something in Florida later in fall.

Zb/Esprit
Cool ZB, I got my HYBRID today, will put it together MONDAY, a little busy for the next few days. Have not even opened the box yet.

Ivan M!