Thread OP
Discussion

Chippy MK1 plans

http://hillbillymodels.weebly.com/chippy-autogyro.html

Cheers!
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2017, 11:35 PM
Thread OP
I already have a new idea for a new model. It will be called the baby bomber! not to be confused with baby boomer society! High lift cargo airplane that can drop some stuff!
Last edited by RedBaron_RC; May 23, 2017 at 11:50 PM.
May 24, 2017, 03:59 AM
Nice project and well explained.I'm sure there was a lot of time and thought put into it.
Chris...
May 25, 2017, 08:13 PM
You've come a long way in a short time with your Chippy, Red Baron. Congrats on your success! Are you sure you are done with Autogiros?
Your next project idea is much different. How about continuing with autogiros to a more advanced model with a Dual Control Head? Maybe based off of your Chippy?

Cheers!
Russ
May 26, 2017, 09:59 PM
Thread OP
Certainly not done with autogyros altogether just the trainer models. Maybe a autogyro that can drop a payload. I like to experiment with the models.
May 26, 2017, 10:42 PM
Thread OP
To be honest I think I had had it figured out better 15 years ago than I do now. I think old age/wisdom thing is a myth.
May 28, 2017, 06:53 PM
No ..youv'e got it wrong
We are smarter as we get older.....but we just can't remember what we know...I think ??
Chris...
Jun 05, 2017, 06:37 AM
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBaron_RC
What motor, batt and prop and stuff are you using. I downloaded the plans but I don't see those details.

Thanks,
Mike
Jun 05, 2017, 10:12 PM
Thread OP
I was so busy signing my soul to the devil "to make a profitable site so the gov can get their part and make my website a mere blip on the radar I lost track" park 300 motor, 3s 800mah batt, prop is a 8x 3.8 slowfly
Last edited by RedBaron_RC; Jun 05, 2017 at 10:17 PM. Reason: forgot the smilie
Jun 07, 2017, 03:39 AM
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
Thanks!
Jun 07, 2017, 08:06 PM
Thread OP
I updated the website with everything you need, links included. Just let me know if you see anything missing. Cheers!

http://hillbillymodels.weebly.com/
Jun 08, 2017, 09:49 PM
Thread OP
Just for giggles I typed chippy into YouTube. Got a lot of flat earth theory and gobbly goob.
Kid from Blackish Teaches Aunt Chippy Pokémon Go (5 min 43 sec)

I did find this video pretty funny tho.

Y'all get them chippys flyin and come back, ya hear.
Aug 01, 2017, 02:31 PM
Jeff,

I have a question about your Chippy. In the video on your website, the blades are glued to a transparent material that then attaches to the rotor plate, but your plans show 1/8 plywood used for that purpose. What's the transparent material, and why did you use it?

Thanks,
Russ
Aug 01, 2017, 09:11 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rus1
Jeff,

I have a question about your Chippy. In the video on your website, the blades are glued to a transparent material that then attaches to the rotor plate, but your plans show 1/8 plywood used for that purpose. What's the transparent material, and why did you use it?

Thanks,
Russ
In my early testing I didn't realize their was enough flapping in the blades alone. I used tupperware plastic for flapping just like I did in 2004 on my first rc autogyro made with balsa blades but like alot of newbies I thought blade flex was there to keep the model from rolling over on take off . Blade flexing is their to reduce servo loads.
Aug 19, 2017, 11:46 AM

Chippy Modifications

A note to the reader.....Modifications to the Chippy have been made to greatly improve performance. Before building Chippy, please read about the modifications in this thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...gyro-prototype

Quick Reply