May 22, 2017, 08:48 PM
GOT WINGS
Mini-Review

AKK KC03 2.8MM 120 Degree 800TVL NTSC Switchable Camera with 40CH 600mW FPV Transmitt

AKK KC03

This camera was sent to me by AKK Technology for review. AKK is a new company that is developing and selling FPV equipment for the remote control hobbies. Currently they have cameras, video transmitters, all in one cameras/vtxs, antennas and and a few quadcopters for sale on their websites. They are trying to provide better testing and quality control of their products. Their websites are: https://www.amazon.com/s?marketplace...&redirect=true and https://www.aliexpress.com/store/295...108.0.0.haJNAI . The AKK KC03 came in a fairly small box, it measures 95 x 67 x 55 mm, but I received it with two other products in a larger box.

There are two manuals in the box but they cover more than one version of the camera and VTX. The other contents of the box:
Name: zfpvbxcnt.jpg
Views: 12
Size: 126.3 KB
Description: Name: zakkkc03.jpg
Views: 13
Size: 66.7 KB
Description:
Name: zcamvtx.jpg
Views: 11
Size: 111.3 KB
Description: Name: zfpvvtx.jpg
Views: 14
Size: 99.3 KB
Description:

My description
The camera is 800TVL and comes with a 600mW video transmitter. The VTX has a numerical display and two buttons for adjusting frequencies. It is light weight and small enough to fit mini sized quads that run on 2S. The weight without mount and wires is about 20 grams. The VTX will run on voltages from 7 volts to 20 volts and the VTX supplies 5 volts to the camera.

Amazon AD description
800TVL Horizontal Resolution and Minimum Illumination
5.8GHz 40CH FPV transmitter has double push buttons for easy changing CH and FR
Come with tiny 600mW 40ch FPV professional video transmitters
Low power and light weight make this camera Suitable for smaller aircraft
Special connecting cable for camera and FPV transmitter, more convenient.

AKK's Product description
Specifications of Camera:
Scanning System: NTSC
Image Sensor: 1/3 CMOS
Pixels: 1280(H) x 720(V)
Synchronization : internal
Minimum Illumination: 0.05LUX/F1.2
Horizontal Resolution: 800TVL
White Balance: automatic
Automatic gain: Auto
Back Light Compensation: Auto
Digital noise reduction: YES(2D)
Gamma Correction: 0.45
Electronic Shutte: PAL: 1/50~1/100000S ; NTSC: 1/60~1/100000S
S/N Ratio: more than or equal to 50dB
Video output: 1.0Vp-p/75O
Power Supply: DC5V 1000mA
Working current: 135+/-5mA
Working Temperature: -40? ~ +150 ?

Specification of Transmitter:
Video Format: NTSC/PAL
Output Impedance: 50 Ohm
Transmitting distance > 3000m (open area)
Antenna connector: RP-SMA connector
Supply current: 280 mA
Operating Temperature: -10 +85?
Video Band Width: 0-8.0 MHz
Audio carrier Frequency: 6.5 MHz
Video Input Level: 0.8,1.0,1.2 Vp-p
Video Input Impedance: 75 Ohm
Audio Input Level: 0.5 ,2.0 Vp-p
Audio Input Impedance: 10K Ohm

Package includes:
1x 5.8G FPV transmitter
1x 800TVL Camera
1x 5.8G antenna
1x Connector and cable set
1x Manual

First Use
I decided to try this camera out on my MJX Bugs 3 so here is what I did to mount it. I had a camera mount that I determined would fit beneath the LED headlight and fit the AKK camera, so I took out the headlight and attached the mount. Other than drilling two small holes for the mount, all I had to do was drill a hole in the side to insert the allen wrench so I can loosen/tighten the swivel clamp on the mount. I can not remove/install the camera mounted on the LED plate with the camera tightened in place like I want it. I can move the camera angle from about 15 degrees down up to at least 30 degrees up.
Name: zbugsledcam.jpg
Views: 17
Size: 89.9 KB
Description:

Then I decided to mount the VTX under the canopy with the antenna going out through the fin on top. So I drilled a hole for the antenna and had to heat and bend the plastic of the fin so that the vtx fits fairly flush against the top of the canopy. I added two o-rings to the base of the antenna mount and now the antenna actually holds the vtx in place when I tighten it on. I connected power to it by adding a JST plug connected straight to the battery terminals on the inside. Biggest problem is there is only about 1 cm of clearance below the camera with just the short landing legs on the quad. Camera, vtx, wires, antenna, and mounting hardware add about 24 grams to the quad.
Name: zbugscnpy3.jpg
Views: 17
Size: 76.6 KB
Description: Name: zbugscanpy.jpg
Size: 50.6 KB
Description: Name: zbugscnpyvtx.jpg
Views: 13
Size: 86.3 KB
Description: Name: zbugsvtxant.jpg
Size: 86.3 KB
Description:

Here is the first video I made with this FPV system. I am not sure if it needs to be focused better, and maybe the power needs to be isolated better from the quad's power supply.
PICT0002 (2 min 10 sec)

Currently the price of the AKK KC03 is $33.99 US. Here is a direct link to it: https://www.amazon.com/AKK-Degree-80...503505&sr=1-10
Last edited by siriusflier; May 23, 2017 at 02:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply