Flight Controller for GPS Only? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 22, 2017, 12:08 PM
Discussion

Flight Controller for GPS Only?

I have several CC3D flight controllers lying around with UBLOX gps and 915 telemetry modules lying around, i had setup the telemetry on my CX20 quad, but them changed gears to fixed wing. started with a flying wing on cc3d, but never added GPS or telemetry to it. since i recently purchased a Revolt 30, and started to upgrade, i want to attach a CC3D, and GPS with telemetry to it.

The "Surface" function doesn't work with my pistol radio as one would expect. I want to feedback to a PC in mission planner or open pilot gps related data. speed, coordinates, etc. but i dont want the accelerometers to control the rudder on channel 1. or throttle on channel 2. Channel 3 is wide open.

Anyone able to just use the CC3D or any Flight controller for that matter to just feedback GPS information to a ground station?
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2017, 03:08 AM
What happens if you don't connect the outputs of the flight controller to the inputs of the devices you don't want it to control?

Since you said "any flight controller", I assume you'd be willing to buy hardware. Why not just pick up a UBLOX GPS and a microcontroller with the connection to the PC you want (USB, BLE, Wifi, RF, something else?)?