Eachine Wizard X220S ARF/RTF - Upgraded Wizard /w F4, BF OSD, DShot 600 30A ESCs - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jun 03, 2017, 01:35 AM
<Marty>
Anybody have any idea when it will be available ? Really itching to pull the trigger on this one..
to remove ads between posts
Jun 03, 2017, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty
Anybody have any idea when it will be available ? Really itching to pull the trigger on this one..
sometime in June according to a Banggood rep
Jun 03, 2017, 10:23 PM
<Marty>
The rep didn't by chance mention if the fpv antenna is right or left hand cp did they? Would like to order a matching one for my goggles..
Jun 04, 2017, 08:09 AM
Pagoda

Quote:
The rep didn't by chance mention if the fpv antenna is right or left hand cp did they? Would like to order a matching one for my goggles..
Jun 04, 2017, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Pagoda antenna and usually antennas are RHCP. Anyway, you should order spare antennas because those will break sooner or later

Here is some pagoda antennas:
Realacc
Emax
UFOFPV
Jun 04, 2017, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smg24
Pagoda antenna and usually antennas are RHCP. Anyway, you should order spare antennas because those will break sooner or later

Here is some pagoda antennas:
Realacc
Emax
UFOFPV
What is the advantage of a Pagoda antenna over a CP or dipole antenna?
Jun 04, 2017, 03:14 PM
<Marty>
Quote:
Originally Posted by campfir3
What is the advantage of a Pagoda antenna over a CP or dipole antenna?
Here is a good video comparison of several different antennas which might help you understand a bit it did me after i watched it..

FPV ANTENNA SHOOTOUT | Triumph. Axii. Pagoda. Foxeer. Aomway. HoneyDrop. (31 min 25 sec)
Last edited by magic_marty; Jun 04, 2017 at 03:14 PM. Reason: typo
Jun 04, 2017, 03:47 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_GH
Finally released! I had seen the prototypes a while back, Glad to see they did go with the OSD flight controller. Its nice as it has a Stacked 4in1 esc, Flight controller, and then VTX on top with a pigtail running to the back, should cut down on VTX replacements unless they hard soldered the pigtail still to the VTX as the prototype had shown.

However, I'm a bit upset my biggest request/complaint went ignored.
I begged Eachine to not use the A8s for the last two months and use the X6B, they insisted since it was a better seller to use over the X6B. I'm personally worried unless Flysky fixes the bugs In the A8s that there will be so many flyaways etc. Simply put, the A8s RX is not good news. If Flysky doesn't Correct this RX soon we may have to offer them custom With Frsky Radios installed instead, or at lease switch Rx's.

That's a shame. There is still no guarantuee that the issues with the A8S are fixed now, afaik FlySky is still checking how to send out the latest version out for testing, but even that is not sure.

X6B would have been a better choice, and the extra weight is no issue on something with this much power.
Jun 06, 2017, 11:19 PM
Quote:
It will ship on June 25th
Last edited by D Gains; Jun 07, 2017 at 01:56 PM.
Jun 08, 2017, 09:04 AM
Leaf on the wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by smg24
That would be better but IMO it's acceptable that they use 2.8mm lens which is still fine. That would just raise the prise and for most of the people 2.8mm lens is suitable
Acceptable sure, but the old Wizard was acceptable. This is supposed to be the upgraded version, I'm not asking for much, < $10 (retail) total in changes.

A mere $5.99 retail, far less for them at cost, less the difference of the cost of the stock lens.
https://www.banggood.com/170-Degrees...l?rmmds=search

Also another $2.79 on these soft mounts for FC:
https://www.banggood.com/4-PCS-Reala...?rmmds=myorder

and $2 a buzzer are all this quad needs:
https://www.banggood.com/5V-Active-B...l?rmmds=search

BG If you're listening, soft mount the FC like you did the motors, put a buzzer like you have all your recent micros and switch out that lens and the new Wizard will be perfect.
Jun 08, 2017, 03:55 PM
Trith_FPV
170* on an FPV cam isn't for all. I'm good with 135* Any wider, and depth perception is thrown off too much. Also, I bought those exact stand offs for my Wizard. They do not fit. They only thread on maybe 2mm and the stock stand offs are around 5mm. You would have to replace all the FC standoffs with shorter ones too.

Runcam Swift 2 with 2.5mm lens. Best upgrade I could of put on it, aside from RS2205s ! Plus I can see battery voltage now via an OSD. No need for an annoying buzzer.
Jun 08, 2017, 04:08 PM
I too got the Runcam Swift2 with 2.5mm. I have not swapped it in yet - will do this weekend. I want the battery voltage on OSD and I want the microphone. (Swift2 gives me both)
Jun 08, 2017, 10:28 PM
will be on stock soon
Jun 09, 2017, 01:25 AM
aka RCFlyer85
Reserved
Jun 09, 2017, 01:45 AM
<Marty>
Had a change of heart.. gonna build instead of waiting on the x220s .. Using higher end components and gonna cost about the same as the ARF version with a 4mm frame..
Will keep a eye on the wizard and see how the reviews go and still might pick one up later on when the price drops a bit..