Jun 10, 2017, 09:52 AM
Anyone using these boards yet? I got a bnf chameleon from armattan that came with omnibus f4 which fried on first plug in, so they're shipping me one with the cl racing f4... looks nice and love that it's USA made, just haven't heard much of it until now?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2017, 09:57 AM
Lynx Heli Field Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motocrossman24
Anyone using these boards yet? I got a bnf chameleon from armattan that came with omnibus f4 which fried on first plug in, so they're shipping me one with the cl racing f4... looks nice and love that it's USA made, just haven't heard much of it until now?
It's a brand new board, so probably why you haven't heard much on it.
I have 2 of them in my 210-R frames, makes the build so much easier because everything is on 1 board.

Build tips:
1) Tin all pads you plan to use
2) Solder receiver and main power 1st
3) Install in frame and solder everything else before tightening FC mount hardware.
Jun 11, 2017, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure exactly when it came out but it looks great, mines going to come prebuilt so I won't need soldering besides putting in my tramp vtx. If it runs well it will probably be my go to board, can't beat the price for a USA made aio with this good of a layout
Jun 11, 2017, 03:15 PM
Lynx Heli Field Rep
I'm using the Tramp with this board. Solder the video, power in and ground to the top of the board labeled VTX+, VTX- and VTX S.
Solder the telemetry wire from the Tramp to TX4 on the bottom side of the board for the OSD adjustment of the Tramp.
Jun 11, 2017, 10:47 PM
HBS
HBS

How many UARTs?

I just saw this flight controller, and think it'd fit well with my next build. But, I have a couple of questions about the number of UARTs and telemetry.

1. On the CL-Racing website, it says "4 UARTs + USB"; but on the Armattan website, it says "3 UARTs + USB". So, exactly how many UARTs does this FC has? Or, are these two different FCs on these two websites?

2. I plan to use FrSky XSR receiver. Sbus is UART1. Which UART would XSR telemetry use?
Jun 13, 2017, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBS
I just saw this flight controller, and think it'd fit well with my next build. But, I have a couple of questions about the number of UARTs and telemetry.

1. On the CL-Racing website, it says "4 UARTs + USB"; but on the Armattan website, it says "3 UARTs + USB". So, exactly how many UARTs does this FC has? Or, are these two different FCs on these two websites?

2. I plan to use FrSky XSR receiver. Sbus is UART1. Which UART would XSR telemetry use?
https://cl-racing.myshopify.com/coll...2#contact_form

Look at the pinout diagram on the website, it has dedicated receiver telemetry option as well as another dedicated smart audio telemetry option
Jun 13, 2017, 01:53 PM
HBS
HBS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motocrossman24
https://cl-racing.myshopify.com/coll...2#contact_form

Look at the pinout diagram on the website, it has dedicated receiver telemetry option as well as another dedicated smart audio telemetry option
Thanks for sharing the link to the pinout diagram. I did look at the diagram, which is why I noticed the difference between this diagram on CL-Racing website and the one on the Armattan website. Based on what I'ave gathered, it looks like Sbus is UART1, telemetry is UART3, and UART4 is open . CL-Racing website shows UART6, which seems to be missing on the Armattan website.
Jun 15, 2017, 09:17 AM
Has anybody tried this board with a SPektrum FPV racing Receiver? I soldered to the SAT, GND, and 3.3V pads on the bottom. The RX powers up and goes into bind mode, but the transmitter (DX9) fails to bind to it. I've got the TX in 11ms DSMX mode, and the configuration in Betaflight set to Sperktrum, and Spektrum 2048. I know the RX works, because it was just connected to an different FC and working fine. Any ideas?
Jun 15, 2017, 12:58 PM
Lynx Heli Field Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetersen
Has anybody tried this board with a SPektrum FPV racing Receiver? I soldered to the SAT, GND, and 3.3V pads on the bottom. The RX powers up and goes into bind mode, but the transmitter (DX9) fails to bind to it. I've got the TX in 11ms DSMX mode, and the configuration in Betaflight set to Sperktrum, and Spektrum 2048. I know the RX works, because it was just connected to an different FC and working fine. Any ideas?
Which FPV race receiver? The 1st diversity or the new telemetry receiver?
Jun 15, 2017, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomaba4308
Which FPV race receiver? The 1st diversity or the new telemetry receiver?
The 'old' diversity RX.
Jun 15, 2017, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Email me with the bottom picture of your board.

what version is your board.

bnn1044@gmail.com
Jun 15, 2017, 05:40 PM
Armattan has the 1.05 version of the board, there will be no UART 6 on the board. it use for the SAT and Ibus, since have problem with the Sbus inverter.

on the 1.04 version sat wire to the UART 6 - rx6. The board version 1.05 wire to the Sat pad for the sat RX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBS
Thanks for sharing the link to the pinout diagram. I did look at the diagram, which is why I noticed the difference between this diagram on CL-Racing website and the one on the Armattan website. Based on what I'ave gathered, it looks like Sbus is UART1, telemetry is UART3, and UART4 is open . CL-Racing website shows UART6, which seems to be missing on the Armattan website.
Jun 15, 2017, 05:41 PM
also what port it use is printed on the back side of the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBS
Jun 15, 2017, 07:30 PM
HBS
HBS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnn1044
also what port it use is printed on the back side of the board.
Thanks for the responses, which clarify my questions.
Jun 16, 2017, 07:45 PM
Quote:

Did you get it working?
Did you try walking about 10 to 15 feet away with your TX.
I have to do that with my DX9 sometimes.

Quick Reply