Nov 17, 2017, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistolbelt
Forgot to mention. Armattan did comment that there is discolouration on the board indicating to him damage to the inductors. Considering everything was great until the landing, what could have caused that damage to the board? Spontaneous inductor combustion?! :-P
Could be why you are getting so much noise. Did you install a Capacitor on the Battery leads?

Like this --> https://img.rcgroups.com/http://i118...Lzaymgm7Pt8zgg
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2017, 12:14 AM
Goddammit: Took the whole FPV system apart to start from scratch and check everything. Had the Fatsharks one channel off. Must have messed with the channels. Hence had image but with interference. Only figured it out when I took another quad out for a run.

VTX powered from esc connections, cam still directly from the cam pads. Haven't tested under throttle, but for now looks all good.

Thanks for the input!
Nov 18, 2017, 03:05 AM
MistaJack

RunCam Micro Swift/Sparrow Camera Control

Anyone get camera control to work on the F4S with a Micro Swift/Sparrow?
Nov 18, 2017, 09:48 AM
Ended up with spedix is. No caps needed and no issues so far on the F4s. Hope this helps others avoid the combo of emax bullets and the f4s fc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufmdm
so i tried 4 pany 25v 330uf low esr caps on the escs. no luck still doing the lockout behavior
guess its time for different escs. what non 4-in-1 escs are people running without issue? the spedic es30amps are a bit big.
Nov 18, 2017, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine77
I’m still having interference issue although powering my Matek VTx with direct power from lipo pad.

You can see huge horizontal bar keep appearing randomly throughout the flight... 0:36, 0:42, 2:21, etc
https://youtu.be/tOJOk6cCwt4
Man, I had a strikingly similar issue when plugged into the pads for vtx on my board. Thinking one of the components went out. Put it to battery pads and need to test today to see if it lingers.
Nov 19, 2017, 09:56 AM
Upgrading my Japalura with the F4s board.

Can anyone tell me where Im suppose to land the buzzer signal wire?

Thx,
Nov 19, 2017, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanfourie
Any issues with this board? I have v1.2 and I've head some people are experiencing brownouts?

What's your experiance guys?

Cheers
Had them.

Trying CAPS on ESCS today.
Nov 19, 2017, 10:57 PM
I really hope CL Racing F4 manufacturer can provide us with a replacement FC. This FC is really troublesome. At least, send it to us that are in this forum. If not, I’m stuck with an FC that can cause brownout randomly during flight and that is just scary and dangerous.
Nov 19, 2017, 11:39 PM

Better docs would help a lot !

Is it really so hard for CL to keep the docs current with the models being sold ? On his site there are links for 1.04, 1.04 and 2.0. I haven't been able to find anything other than a wiring diagram specifically for the CLF4S which is what most shops are selling now.

I wired it up as shown in the diagram and could not get telemetry working, then I stumbled on this post and all it took was the single CLI command to turn off half duplex. On the CL racing site it mentions needing to use the receiver hack, which is for pre "S" boards. Is it really so hard to add single line saying "turn off half duplex" for Smart Port Telemetry ?

- Joel -

Quote:
Originally Posted by schome1
On post #753 of this thread, I found that dklein showed a few CLI commands. Since Telemetry was already enabled in the BF Config tab, I only entered one command...

set tlm_halfduplex = OFF
save (must do this or it will not save to the flight controller)

Once I did this, I went to my Taranis and in the telemetry page, I clicked on Discover Sensors. All of them showed up. Then I went to my LUA script screen and saw my PIDs and TBS Unify settings. Awesome! Thanks for the post dklein! I missed it on the first pass as I was reading all of the comments about the telemetry issue.
Nov 20, 2017, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSGoldberger
Is it really so hard for CL to keep the docs current with the models being sold ? On his site there are links for 1.04, 1.04 and 2.0. I haven't been able to find anything other than a wiring diagram specifically for the CLF4S which is what most shops are selling now.

I wired it up as shown in the diagram and could not get telemetry working, then I stumbled on this post and all it took was the single CLI command to turn off half duplex. On the CL racing site it mentions needing to use the receiver hack, which is for pre "S" boards. Is it really so hard to add single line saying "turn off half duplex" for Smart Port Telemetry ?

- Joel -
Yeah agreed, can't imagine how many people who are not RCG members are stuck on this. I generally don't buy anything new until its baked in the oven for 30-60 days LOL but happened to jump on the new S board as the features outweighed the risk. I was just lucky I was on this site and literally saw the CLI command the same day I was wiring it up so good timing but definitely BS from CL. Other than that I have been really impressed with this board but just make sure you use a 4-1 and all is good.

Dennis
Nov 20, 2017, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamdallen
I have version 1.05. XSR with latest firmware flashed. I got everything set up, it was a breeze. There was a weird problem happening when I was first setting up the ports. I set it up correctly with uart1 sbus and got the receiver tab set up. Receiver tab all was working. Then I set up uart3 smart port, and uart4 smart audio. The receiver tab showed the FC was no longer responding to my sticks. So I reset up the ports, and all was working again. I dismissed this as a wierd BF thing or some error in my order of port setup. I tested the BF Lua script and it was working for pid's and vtx. Awesome, ready to maiden!

Then I took it for a LOS maiden flight in my yard. Flew perfectly, very happy. The next day, I powered it up for a maiden fpv, set the vtx to 200 Watts with the Lua script, then flipped the arm switch. Nothing. I noticed that the osd was showing 0 percent rssi, so I connected it to betaflight on my field PC. Same problem as before, nothing working on the receiver tab. Light is green on the receiver. Lua script is still working, I'm able to change pid's and vtx settings. Taranis showing telemetry. I went through the operation of resetting up the ports like before, but still nothing. I'm at a loss!

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I really want to fpv this ship!
If anyone's curious, turned out to be a bad sbus output on the XSR.
Nov 21, 2017, 05:44 PM
Midwest Gravity Tester
hey guys, I just got one of these boards and I can not find any info on what to set the current sensor to. If anyone could get me a # to get started, or the formula to figure out a 120a sensor that would be a huge help. TYIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomaba4308
I got this number directly from the creator himself.
This will work....never mind Not sure why its not listed anyplace. I did not want to do the charge batterys and do math way to start.
Last edited by chickenhawk725; Nov 21, 2017 at 06:47 PM.
Nov 21, 2017, 06:16 PM
Got telemetry working with the set half_duplex = OFF command - but I noticed that when I try to use my Taranis' LUA script to change the Unify Pro's transmit power (e.g. from 200mw to 25mw), it doesn't save (even when I've clicked "save").

Any suggestions for how to fix this?
Nov 22, 2017, 04:06 PM
Midwest Gravity Tester
new problem, I ran my vtx and cam off the battery, but when I do hard flip I get a real short blackout on the screen. Anyone seen this? Is there a fix? Half the reason I got this board is for the osd. Grounds from cam and vtx run to the cam and vtx ground points on the board. Then I just ran both power feeds from cam and vtx to the battery + Do I need to add a 2nd ground from the vtx and cam to the power ground? Is this some kind of ground loop problem? I have never had this problem with my Omnibus boards. Any help would be great. TYIA

Edit: it's when I roll, not flip. Not sure why I sade flip....
Last edited by chickenhawk725; Nov 22, 2017 at 08:32 PM.
Nov 23, 2017, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhawk725
new problem, I ran my vtx and cam off the battery, but when I do hard flip I get a real short blackout on the screen. Anyone seen this? Is there a fix? Half the reason I got this board is for the osd. Grounds from cam and vtx run to the cam and vtx ground points on the board. Then I just ran both power feeds from cam and vtx to the battery + Do I need to add a 2nd ground from the vtx and cam to the power ground? Is this some kind of ground loop problem? I have never had this problem with my Omnibus boards. Any help would be great. TYIA

Edit: it's when I roll, not flip. Not sure why I sade flip....
Might need some capacitors installed.

Quick Reply