Show your electric trainers - RC Groups
May 22, 2017, 06:01 AM
WW5
WW5
crash and burn
Discussion

Show your electric trainers

;This thread is for beginners and advanced pilots to show off their trainer aircraft as well as high wing aircraft . There is a thread like this in the warbird section so I thought "What the heck." and made this thread for trainers.
And do stay on topic.( you know what who cares! go off topic if you want, I'm not your mom.)
Last edited by WW5; Nov 09, 2017 at 02:53 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2017, 01:15 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
This is the plane I've used to teach dozens of people to fly the last 7 years . SUPER slow and stable ( best for a beginner ) :

Copy of EzFly with under-cambered wing (1 min 57 sec)
May 22, 2017, 02:36 PM
WW5
WW5
crash and burn
Cool trainer balsa or carbon. That is a REAL slow trainer
May 22, 2017, 02:58 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW5
Cool trainer balsa or carbon. That is a REAL slow trainer
The EzFly has a protected motor/prop , here's another one ( even slower ) that has an unprotected motor/prop on the nose :

Lightweight 40" wingspan FT Old Fogey-ish (2 min 58 sec)
May 22, 2017, 03:11 PM
WW5
WW5
crash and burn
Balsa or carbon, how slow is that in MPH cause WOW! Looks like a good trainer
May 22, 2017, 04:17 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW5
Balsa or carbon, how slow is that in MPH cause WOW! Looks like a good trainer
I don't know in MPH , but at the end of the video as it's coming in for a landing - I'm walking alongside ..... normal walking pace .
May 23, 2017, 02:49 AM
WW5
WW5
crash and burn
Wow
May 23, 2017, 03:39 AM
WW5
WW5
crash and burn
I learned to fly on the 1460mm staufenbiel We Can Fly, it's a pretty big trainer and very stable. I do not have pic's at the moment but I will post them when I take some.
May 23, 2017, 08:39 PM
Bombs away! Err...landing
Watching that video reminded me of the last time I flew someone's electric trainer a while ago.

I actually found it pretty difficult to fly. So horribly sluggish and underpowered, and you have to constantly fight with it because when you bank it doesn't stay banked, it keeps levelling itself out. Was a relief to get back to my other planes that do what you tell them to do.
May 23, 2017, 09:33 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira NZ
Watching that video reminded me of the last time I flew someone's electric trainer a while ago.

I actually found it pretty difficult to fly. So horribly sluggish and underpowered, and you have to constantly fight with it because when you bank it doesn't stay banked, it keeps levelling itself out. Was a relief to get back to my other planes that do what you tell them to do.
IMO a slow , self-leveling plane is best for 'most' "total first timers" since they tend to over-control ( even on throttle ) . Over-controlling can get a first timer into trouble quickly on a faster , NON self-leveling plane . Kind of like learning to walk before you run .

The planes I use for teaching ( dozens of first timers in the last 7 years ) are so slow and stable that a buddy box set up isn't needed .

One old guy I taught told me he had tried "one" RC flight before ( at a club field ) with a buddy box set up , but he felt like he hardly ever was in control of the plane ..... the other guy ( trainer ) was 99% of the time . What fun is that ? When he flew my slow/stable plane he was in control 100% of the time , and flew several batteries - including take-offs and landings .
May 24, 2017, 04:28 PM
Build Fly Crash - Start Again!
My trainer was a Great Planes Easy Sport 40 that I built, last year, electrocuted it, then flew with an instructor on a buddy box. After 40 or so flights, wind took it, whipped it nose over tail, snapped in half and crashed. That was on a Saturday morning, was flying with it again on the next Tuesday. Great flyer, it hangs in the air with no power, glides right in, but has great speed at full power. It circles the Apprentices.
May 24, 2017, 06:57 PM
Sig LT-25 ....
May 24, 2017, 07:49 PM
PZ Sport Cub S2 - stock - w/ AS3X stabilization
Not the slowest flyer but good in wind
May 24, 2017, 11:25 PM
IMO, probably the absolute best beginner training plane made & is a really nice size. The included dropbay makes it even more fun.

Denny

Flyzone Sensei Trainer Review - Part 1, Intro and Flight Footage (7 min 11 sec)

Flyzone Sensei Trainer Review - Part 2, Review Scoring (14 min 16 sec)
May 25, 2017, 02:17 AM
WW5
WW5
crash and burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiepap
IMO, probably the absolute best beginner training plane made & is a really nice size. The included dropbay makes it even more fun.

Denny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk96TGPLbOw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9k7bHeVRIw
I agree with you, I have that plane to and it is an amazing trainer, it's good for beginners to learn on and experienced flyers to fly for a gentle flight cause it's no to small